Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Transfer To My Polaris Bank Account Disappears Hours After Credit Notification. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transfer To My Polaris Bank Account Disappears Hours After Credit Notification. (573 Views)

GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account / Polaris Bank Network Failures And The Silence Of CBN / Polaris Bank: Skye Bank Changes Name On Twitter And Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transfer To My Polaris Bank Account Disappears Hours After Credit Notification. by Freemasonry: 10:58am On Jul 31, 2023
Good morning nairalanders.

I'm in a bit of a quandary, so I figured this community is the best place to get practical advice for my present challenge.

I'm a Nigerian in the diaspora and I occasionally send cars down to Nigeria for sale.

On Friday 28th July at about 4:35pm WAT, someone I know from home paid for two of the cars and made a transfer of 10 million naira into my Polaris bank account. The transfer was from an access bank account.

I received the credit alert, then I logged into my bank app and saw the money sitting pretty.

Transaction confirmed, I authorized my contact in Nigeria to release the vehicles to him.

But about an hour or so later when I wanted to send money from that account to someone else, the money was no longer there.

I have emailed their customer service desk, no response.

And I'm not in the country to physically visit my bank to know the problem.

The sender maintains that he sent the money and did not receive a reversal.

So you can understand my confusion and frustration.

If anyone here has had similar experience or knows how to handle this sort of situation remotely, do please let me know in the comments section.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Transfer To My Polaris Bank Account Disappears Hours After Credit Notification. by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 31, 2023
This looks like a work done in the bank
Maybe....just maybe the "scammer" knows you are in the oversea and it will be much harder for you to come over here and give them premium "wahala"

Nonetheless,Keep trying to "bomb" their mail.....by the special grace of God,they will respond!
Re: Transfer To My Polaris Bank Account Disappears Hours After Credit Notification. by endsarrrs(f): 11:06am On Jul 31, 2023
Have you been paying your Freemasonry dues??
Don't joke with this!

tongue
No hiding place
Re: Transfer To My Polaris Bank Account Disappears Hours After Credit Notification. by Mozino007(m): 11:07am On Jul 31, 2023
This looks like flash fund…O ti lo!
Re: Transfer To My Polaris Bank Account Disappears Hours After Credit Notification. by Legitgames85: 11:30am On Jul 31, 2023
Freemasonry:
Good morning nairalanders.

I'm in a bit of a quandary, so I figured this community is the best place to get practical advice for my present challenge.

I'm a Nigerian in the diaspora and I occasionally send cars down to Nigeria for sale.

On Friday 28th July at about 4:35pm WAT, someone I know from home paid for two of the cars and made a transfer of 10 million naira into my Polaris bank account. The transfer was from an access bank account.

I received the credit alert, then I logged into my bank app and saw the money sitting pretty.

Transaction confirmed, I authorized my contact in Nigeria to release the vehicles to him.

But about an hour or so later when I wanted to send money from that account to someone else, the money was no longer there.

I have emailed their customer service desk, no response.

And I'm not in the country to physically visit my bank to know the problem.

The sender maintains that he sent the money and did not receive a reversal.

So you can understand my confusion and frustration.

If anyone here has had similar experience or knows how to handle this sort of situation remotely, do please let me know in the comments section.

Thank you in advance.
it could be fake alert. Have heard of it before. You will see the money in your account but after some minutes or hours it will dissapear. The sender knows about it and it's not the bank.
Re: Transfer To My Polaris Bank Account Disappears Hours After Credit Notification. by Jogs1900: 11:30am On Jul 31, 2023
Download your statement of account online and let us see the narration of the #10m debit if you are sure there was a credit of the said amount.
Re: Transfer To My Polaris Bank Account Disappears Hours After Credit Notification. by webcrafty: 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2023
I used to experience something similar with my payment from clients back in the years with GTBank.
The funds will reflect in my account, but within seconds it would be reversed back to the sender. It happened quite a lot then but all my clients were kind enough to resend back when they received it again.

Now in your case, the bank is different, so I can't tell if it same kind of system failure.
You can start by downloading your account statement first and study how the money went.
Continue to reach out to the bank via their various support channel. For GTB, they are quite responsive when contacted their website, while others might be more responsive when you call them out on social media.
Re: Transfer To My Polaris Bank Account Disappears Hours After Credit Notification. by Bonchux(m): 1:26pm On Jul 31, 2023
Tell the sender to send you the session id and also video recording of him logging in to his and transaction history to the date of the transaction this will enable you know whether the sender send fake alert
Re: Transfer To My Polaris Bank Account Disappears Hours After Credit Notification. by We4all: 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
The first u should have done was to download your account statement. If the said funds doesn't reflect on the statement, then the account must have been flashed.

Otherwise, let your contact meet up with the sender and accompany him to the bank to ask for his recent statement of account. Note why I said he should be accompanied to the bank. No online statement to avoid rooms for manipulation.

Finally, irrespective of where you are based, you should know and have a personal rapport with your account officer. That would make things much easier for you.

1 Like

Re: Transfer To My Polaris Bank Account Disappears Hours After Credit Notification. by Freemasonry: 6:58am On Aug 01, 2023
Thanks everyone for your responses.

As was expected, I got useful advice and a bit of cruise. Even the cynics and wackos had a great time.

That's what I'd call an inclusive conversation.

Regarding the problem I narrated earlier, I am pleased to inform y'all that the bank has responded to my emails, and resolved the situation.

Apparently, it's their standard policy to temporarily block/withhold funds that exceed prior single lodgements to the account.

They said the CBN sent a mail that caused my account to deflect, until I provide proof of transaction.

I did and the matter was quickly resolved.

So, it wasn't a flash or a beep as some said, I'm glad I had not taken any hard stance against the sender coz that might have ruined business relations.

Thank you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Focardos Available / I Want To Register A Company / Who Has The Software For Sending Emails To Many Nigerians At Once?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.