Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 10 - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 10 (727 Views)

Linguistic Based Tafseer Of Surah Baqarah / Nairaland Ramadan Lecture (tafseer Louge ) / Tafseer( Louge In Here) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 10 by AdamsDXB: 9:21am On Oct 10, 2011
From the benefits of Our Weekly Study of the Noble Quraan based on the book “Tafseer Ibn Katheer” Verses 10 - 14 of Surah Nisaa

عن عبد الله بن مسعود رضي الله عنه قال: إن في سورة النساء لخمس آيات ما يسرني أن لي بها الدنيا وما فيها {إن الله لا يظلم مثقال ذرة} الاَية, و {إن تجتنبوا كبائر ما تنهون عنه} الاَية, و {إن الله لا يغفر أن يشرك به ويغفر ما دون ذلك لمن يشاء} و{لو أنهم إذ ظلموا أنفسهم جاؤوك} الاَية, {ومن يعمل سوءاً أو يظلم نفسه ثم يستغفر الله يجد الله غفوراً رحيماً} ثم قال: هذا إسناد صحيح

Abdullah bin Masood may Allah be pleased with him said that in Surah Nisaa are five verses that brings pleasure to me in this World, and then he recited them. Authentic narration

Bismillaah Ar-Rahmaan Ar-Raheem

Verily all praises are due to Allaah the Lord of the World. May His peace and blessings be upon Prophet Muhammad PBUH, his house hold, companions and those that follow their path until the Day of Judgment.

Salaam alaykum wa rahmatulLaah

Amma’ Baa’d

Vs. 9
And let those (executors and guardians) have the same fear in their minds as they would have for their own, if they had left weak offspring behind. So let them fear Allah and speak right words.

Vs. 10

Verily, those who unjustly eat up the property of orphans, they eat up only a fire into their bellies, and they will be burnt in the blazing Fire

Vs. 11
Allah commands you as regards your children's (inheritance); to the male, a portion equal to that of two females; if (there are) only daughters, two or more, their share is two thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is half. For parents, a sixth share of inheritance to each if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased left brothers or (sisters), the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases is) after the payment of legacies he may have bequeathed or debts. You know not which of them, whether your parents or your children, are nearest to you in benefit, (these fixed shares) are ordained by Allah. And Allah is Ever All-Knower, All-Wise.

Vs. 12
In that which your wives leave, your share is a half if they have no child; but if they leave a child, you get a fourth of that which they leave after payment of legacies that they may have bequeathed or debts. In that which you leave, their (your wives) share is a fourth if you leave no child; but if you leave a child, they get an eighth of that which you leave after payment of legacies that you may have bequeathed or debts. If the man or woman whose inheritance is in question has left neither ascendants nor descendants, but has left a brother or a sister, each one of the two gets a sixth; but if more than two, they share in a third; after payment of lagacies he (or she) may have bequeathed or debts, so that no loss is caused (to anyone). This is a Commandment from Allah; and Allah is Ever All-Knowing, Most-Forbearing.

Vs. 13

These are the limits (set by) Allah (or ordainments as regards laws of inheritance), and whosoever obeys Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) will be admitted to Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise), to abide therein, and that will be the great success.

Vs. 14

And whosoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW), and transgresses His limits, He will cast him into the Fire, to abide therein; and he shall have a disgraceful torment.

Lessons from Verses 10~11:

Just as you would want your offspring to be treated fairly after your death, then treat other people's offspring fairly when you are given the responsibility of caring for them.
Allah proclaims that those who unjustly consume the wealth of orphans, will be eating fire into their stomach, this is why Allah said, of His absolute
It is recorded in the Two Sahihs that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said,(Avoid the seven great destructive sins. ) The people asked, "O Allah's Messenger! What are they'' He said, (To join others in worship along with Allah, magic, to kill the life which Allah has forbidden except for a just cause, to consume interest, to consume an orphan's property, to turn your back to the enemy and flee from the battlefield at the time of fighting, and to accuse chaste women who never even think of anything harmful to their chastity being good believers.)
The knowledge of inheritance is derived from these three verses – vs 11, 12 and 112 and from the narrations specific on this subject. For detailed explanation on inheritance, the student is encouraged to read authentic books of jurisprudence.
Even though learning about the ruling of inheritance is praise worthy, all specific narrations that recommends the study of inheritance is either weak or fabricated as mentioned by Ibn Hajar ( May Allaah have mercy on him).
From the mercy of Allaah to the children is that He instructs their parents regarding their affairs - children, since He commands the parents to be just and fair with their own children. Imaam Bukhari (May Allaah have mercy on him) relates an authentic narration that a captured woman was looking for her child and when she found him, she held him, gave him her breast and nursed him. The Messenger of Allah said to his Companions,؟ (Do you think that this woman would willingly throw her child in the fire) They said, "No, O Messenger of Allah.'' He said, (By Allah! Allah is more merciful with His servants than this woman is with her own child.)
The people of Jahiliyyah used to give the males, but not the females, a share in the inheritance. Therefore, Allah commands that both males and females take a share in the inheritance, although the portion of the males is twice as much as that of the females, this is because men need money to spend on their dependants, commercial transactions, work and fulfilling their obligations. Consequently, men get twice the portion of the inheritance that females
During the early period of Islam, the ruling was that the property of the deceased would be inherited by his offspring; as for the parents (of the deceased), they would inherit by the will of the deceased. Then Allah cancelled whatever He willed from that and appointed a fixed share for the children and for the parents. One may derive benefit in this life or the Hereafter from his parents, the likes of which he could not get from his children. The opposite of this could also be true

Lessons from Verses 12~14:

The scholars agree that paying debts comes before fulfilling the will, and this is apparent to those who read the verses carefully.
The will and testament be fair and free of any type of harm, without depriving some rightful heirs from all, or part of their share, or adding to the fixed portion that Allah ordained for some heirs. Indeed, whoever does this, will have disputed with Allah concerning His decision and division. An authentic narration states, (Allah has given each his fixed due right. Therefore, there is no will for a rightful inheritor.)
Imaam Ash-Sha`bi (May Allaah have mercy on him) reported that when Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (May Allaah be pleased with him) was asked about the meaning of Kalalah, he said, "I will say my own opinion about it, and if it is correct, then this correctness is from Allah. However, if my opinion is wrong, it will be my error and because of the evil efforts of Shaytan, and Allah and His Messenger have nothing to do with it. Kalalah refers to the man who has neither descendants nor ascendants (meaning no child nor parents).'' When `Umar (May Allaah be pleased with him) became the caliph, he said, "I hesitate to contradict an opinion of Abu Bakr.''
Some who claim to be intellectuals disobey Allah and His Messenger, transgresses His (set) limits regarding inheritance. For example he commands that all his children (male and female) have equal share from his property after his death, because in his view and belief ( May Allaah protect us) both sexes are equal!!
Allaah will cast him into the Fire, to abide therein; and he shall have a disgraceful torment.) This is because he changed what Allah has ordained and disputed with His judgment. Indeed, this is the behavior of those who do not agree with what Allah has decided and divided, and this is why Allah punishes them with humiliation in the eternal, painful torment

These are the points I was made to remember, whatever is correct and good, then this is from ALLAAH‘s favor and whatever mistake occurs there in, then it is from me and the evil efforts of Shaitan,

May ALLAAH forgive me for my errors and I ask Him to forgive you all also.

I beseech Him to accept these compilations from me purely for His sake and grant us steadfastness in our religious affairs.
It was narrated by Ahmad with the words: “When people accumulate gold and silver, you should accumulate the words ‘Allaahumma inni as’aluka al-thabaat fi’l-amri…’”
عن شَدَّاد بْن أَوْسٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ قال : كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يُعَلِّمُنَا أَنْ نَقُولَ : ( اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الثَّبَاتَ فِي الْأَمْرِ ، وَأَسْأَلُكَ عَزِيمَةَ الرُّشْدِ ، وَأَسْأَلُكَ شُكْرَ نِعْمَتِكَ ، وَحُسْنَ عِبَادَتِكَ ، وَأَسْأَلُكَ لِسَانًا صَادِقًا ، وَقَلْبًا سَلِيمًا ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا تَعْلَمُ ، وَأَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ خَيْرِ مَا تَعْلَمُ ، وَأَسْتَغْفِرُكَ مِمَّا تَعْلَمُ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ عَلَّامُ الْغُيُوبِ ) والحديث صححه الألباني في السلسة الصحيحة رقم 3228 وحسنه شعيب الأرنؤوط في تحقيق المسند .
(O Allaah, I ask you for steadfastness in this matter, and I ask You for the resolve to adhere to the path of guidance, and I ask You for gratitude for Your blessings and to worship You well, and I ask You for a truthful tongue and a sound heart, and I seek refuge with You from the evil of what You know, and I ask You for the good of what You know, and I ask You for forgiveness for what You know; You are the knower of the Unseen).”
This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah no. 3228, and classed as hasan by Shu’ayb al-Arna’oot in Tahqeeq al-Musnad.

AbuNuh

Corporate Partner
ZaadMaad "Attaining Lofty Heights"
Re: Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 10 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 10, 2011
i'd be shocked if any serious replies appeared here. It doesnt seem as if muslims have any drive to study the quran. mooslims in name only.
Re: Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 10 by Sweetnecta: 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2011
Did Davidylan pay attention to the open caution presented in the Quran against unjustly devouring habeas corpus [i know it liberaly means the body, but lets call it the property/trust]?

And it is stated that the return of the property by the trustee to the beneficiary, still an orphan is to have the litmus test of the age of puberty; age of marriage. This age of marriage disproves, by this verse concerning wealth of an orphan the lies of non muslims against the messenger [as] on the matter of the marriage to his youngest wife, Aisha bint Abu Bakr [ra].

1 verse addressing the minimum age that wealth can be returned to the orphan. same age for marriage to be contracted and not before.
Re: Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 10 by Sweetnecta: 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2011
Quranic verse is so potent that 1 verse may answer many questions.

and many verses may answer 1 question making it clear in the minds that are not completely diseased.
Re: Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 10 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2011
Sweetnecta:

Quranic verse is so potent that 1 verse may answer many questions.

and many verses may answer 1 question making it clear in the minds that are not completely diseased.

seems your muslim brethren dont care for these verses do they? grin
Re: Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 10 by Sweetnecta: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2011
pay attention to the title.
its 'weekly' sudy.

sometimes, the course material is self explanatory that there is no need to ask question or even comment.

Allah says that believers should have no opinion upon what Allah, or His Messenger [as] have decided.
believers should accept it. and to say if there is any reason to speak; we hear and we obey. forgive us, oh The Most Merciful, Most Forgiving.
Re: Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 10 by Sweetnecta: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2011
study, that is.
Re: Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 10 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2011
Sweetnecta:

pay attention to the title.
its 'weekly' sudy.

well no one seems to be "studying" it. grin
Re: Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 10 by Sweetnecta: 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2011
This is personal assignment.

Islam is an advise; Al dinu Islam Nasiha.

Some already begin to use it to improve their lives.

This section about being a sincere trustee is not meant for everyone, except as a form of "Knowledge".

Muslims are supposed to say "we hear and we obey", while you and your crowd, the disbelievers do say to God "we hear and we disobey".

Mr Davidylan, sir, I can do this all day long, when i have the time to respond to you.

This is not the Bible that you come up with whatever; eg, God is One Lord, but then you find 3 out of One in your Trinity.

How is that working for you?
Re: Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 10 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2011
Sweetnecta:

This is personal assignment.

Islam is an advise; Al dinu Islam Nasiha.

Some already begin to use it to improve their lives.

This section about being a sincere trustee is not meant for everyone, except as a form of "Knowledge".

Muslims are supposed to say "we hear and we obey", while you and your crowd, the disbelievers do say to God "we hear and we disobey".

Mr Davidylan, sir, I can do this all day long, when i have the time to respond to you.

This is not the Bible that you come up with whatever; eg, God is One Lord, but then you find 3 out of One in your Trinity.

How is that working for you?

but at least on a bible study thread, we do get salient responses from christians and even muslims like you. why are muslims uninterested in discussing the quran? Do they not like it or is it too hard to understand? grin Most of the quran study sections are ALWAYS empty . . . why?
Re: Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 10 by Sweetnecta: 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2011
things in Islam, like subject matter the op started the thread with are clear. most people will not the type of orphan and or the custodian discussed.

this thread, i hope will have many subject matters. in some you will see plenty of people responding. some am sure will be on salah, zakat, etc, etc.

you do realize that marriage is part of islam? see how many people talking about it on the single muslims talking thread?

salient contribution/responses you said? what is salient regarding a matter its foundation is on quick sand, seriously?
Re: Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “tafseer Ibn Katheer” Vs 10 by tpia5: 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2011
while you and your crowd, the disbelievers do say to God "we hear and we disobey"

quite funny though sometimes true.

(1) (Reply)

Sufi Music I Rumi Poetry / Nearing Reappearance Of Imam Mahdi (ajtfs) And Descent Of Prophet Jesus (as)? / A Refutation Of The Khawaarij

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.