Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,172 members, 7,849,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:11 AM

Which Skill(s) Should I Opt For? Help Please - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Skill(s) Should I Opt For? Help Please (174 Views)

Which Skill Would You Like To Learn? / Desperate Job Seeker Begs Gov Oyetola For Help At Osun Secretariat(photos) / Which Skill To Learn As A Nursing Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Skill(s) Should I Opt For? Help Please by LucasPromax(m): 4:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
Good day honourably Nairalanders.

Let me start this way; While I was growing up as a kid, even though my family wasn't rich enough but average is the word and we cool like that. I thought life would always be fun. I mean no struggles, easy money, joy and everything that makes a man happy but most importantly money. My parent made education my and our only priority (besides i am not the only child but first) that when I got to the University, I had no skill, no side hustle, nothing, just me in the school, waiting on my family for funds. So I didn't see it as a crime not to have one and whenever I thought of having one, sooner or later, I have forgotten that kind of thought. Fast forward to today, glory be to God, I made an excellent result outta the school and I'm currently serving. Remember my family is average and they gotta fend for the rest. Now it has dawn on me. For the past 5months, it has been me and me alone with so so many sheges for real + my siblings looking up to me and I tell you, 25years, I hardly feed myself to talk of another party. Although they ain't really pressuring me yet but the small 2k, big brother finds difficult to render. Someone would ask, you're receiving 33k and had been receiving, what happened to it? Well, it's a nice question but a very simple answer is, it's not enough and don't even let me break it down for you. It's more than you imagined. So back to discussion, now I see the disadvantage of not having any source of income/skills and I'm really pained whenever I think about it. This has been my source of depression lately when I see others making money from their respective handwork, me I have nothing but I have refused to give up that's why I'm coming out to express myself. I know it's never late. The only mistake is I didn't start earlier. Call it ignorance and whatever yeah but I know it's never late😭😭😭 *I'm pained for real*

So I have decided within myself and I've come up with a list of skill(s) I wish to acquire. But I don't really know much and I want to seek y'all opinion on which path should I take. I'm willing to take 2 as a MUST if not all but first thing first, what do y'all advise on these various skills/work?

1.DSTV installation
2.Phone and laptop repair
3.Solar power installation
4.Aluminum Doors and Windows Installation
5.Electrician & House Wiring
6.Photography

NB: although the list is not limited, you can add yours if you know it's best. I will appreciate every input.

Notice there is no digital skill(s)? I can't think of any for now as I don't have enough money to buy gadgets if at all. I don't own a good phone, (3gb ram + 16gb) and I don't have a laptop. Well, you can also recommend, God is a miracle worker, I will add 'em to my to-do list.

Thank you and God bless you. Amen

(1) (Reply)

Driver / Latest Jobs On Naija Schools Today / Vacancy For Company Accountant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.