Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,362 members, 7,839,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket (10109 Views)

Nigeria Qualify For Semifinals At U17 Women World Cup In India after beating USA / D'Tigress Defeats Mali To Become 2021 Women's Afrobasket Champions / 2018 World Cup: Fixtures For Quarter Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket by Femich18(m): 9:57am On Aug 01, 2023
Good luck to them
Re: Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket by kelspinall(m): 10:03am On Aug 01, 2023
congratulations
Re: Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket by fx45(m): 10:07am On Aug 01, 2023
naptu2:
The team that won the previous championships was also a mix. Murjanatu Musa, Pallas Kunaiyi-Akpannah, Nkem Akaraiwe, Evelyn Akhator and Aisha Mohammed Balarabe were born in Nigeria.

Sarah "Cheeks" Ogoke, Ify Ibekwe, Ezinne Kalu, Victoria Macaulay, Promise Amukamara and Oderah Chidom were born in the US.

(It has always been mixed).
What about those sisters? One previously was playing for the American women's basketball team? I cant remember their names again
Re: Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket by naptu2: 10:16am On Aug 01, 2023
fx45:
What about those sisters? One previously was playing for the American women's basketball team? I cant remember their names again

Two of them were not given permission to play for Nigeria (because they had previously played for the United States). Only one was given permission. They are challenging the decision in court.

Nneka and Chiney have played for the United States and so the Federation of International Basketball (FIBA) has prevented them from playing for Nigeria. However they said that their younger sister can play for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket by fx45(m): 10:21am On Aug 01, 2023
naptu2:

Two of them were not given permission to play for Nigeria (because they had previously played for the United States). Only one was given permission. They are challenging the decision in court.

Nneka and Chiney have played for the United States and so the Federation of International Basketball (FIBA) has prevented them from playing for Nigeria. However they said that their younger sister can play for Nigeria.
Ok... Thanks. I remember now. The Ogwumike sisters

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:24am On Aug 01, 2023
Lol what is the name of that player that thinks she is indespensible. Who chose to drop out of the national team. grin

Nigeria is too blessed with talents than for a player to think without them Nigeria can't be successful.
Re: Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket by Princezibk: 10:39am On Aug 01, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Congratulations..

I think they have one edge ahead of other teams... most of the players are trained overseas... we saw that too with Michelle Alozie for falcons... the touches and footwork shows she was cooked not on African soiled
tony Payne as well

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket by ViceGovernor: 10:45am On Aug 01, 2023
SIRTee15:
Are these Nigerian girls truly home grown or Nigerian Americans?
Na Americans obviously if na home grown.
They go get 1 on 1 with basket they go still miss lay up 😐
Re: Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket by lascos912(m): 10:57am On Aug 01, 2023
thi coach dey enter my eyes small small

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket by verifiablefacts: 11:18am On Aug 01, 2023
naptu2:

The team that won the previous championships was also a mix. Murjanatu Musa, Pallas Kunaiyi-Akpannah, Nkem Akaraiwe, Evelyn Akhator and Aisha Mohammed Balarabe were born in Nigeria.

Sarah "Cheeks" Ogoke, Ify Ibekwe, Ezinne Kalu, Victoria Macaulay, Promise Amukamara and Oderah Chidom were born in the US.

(It has always been mixed).
My broda, tell them, tell the nay sayers.
Re: Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket by Confiture: 11:30am On Aug 01, 2023
No one is praising Tinubu now that our teams are winning. Let them lose and people would start saying he has a bad vibe.

Congratulations D'Tigress.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket by Never4getU: 12:36pm On Aug 01, 2023
When you have a good man as the president and almost everyone thinks he is a corrupt and written off by mostly Obidients who thinks her kinsman is the right person even when they could see his precedent failures yet, they would rather have a dunce but we rejected them by every means possible. The positive man is gradually bringing good News to us through Nigerians sports from all angles... Isn't it a sign of greatness to come in every ramifications?

Elo fi okon bale
Re: Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket by Fira09(m): 1:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
Re: Nigeria Qualify For Quarter-Finals Of Women's Afrobasket by AfonjaPriest: 6:13pm On Aug 01, 2023
Na wao. I nor know say Nigerian woman dey do ninja dey play basketball.
Anyway, I need to get back to Egypt. I just remembered I have always loved their women.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enyimba, Al Ittihad Wait On CAF Over Enyinba’s ‘Inability’ To Honour Retun Leg / NFF Mandates Technical Committee To Open Contract Talks With Waldrum / Erling Haaland Wins The PFA Men’s Players’ Player Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.