Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,253 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

I Need To Code A Mercedes Key/brainbox - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need To Code A Mercedes Key/brainbox (2260 Views)

Mercedes Key Programmer Exprience / Sale Of A Mercedes-benz Tipper Truck 1622 / Sale Of A Mercedes-benz Truck 2632 6x6 Ararat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Code A Mercedes Key/brainbox by qunleajayi(m): 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2011
Hello, Can you code or do you know anybody that can code keys for a mercedes benz 2001 model (non sucking keys)?

Somebody accidentally drove over the key and the chip dropped off without my knowing. Since then the key itself has since become useless.

The car is an slk - r170 series 2001 model.

Please get in touch with me on 07082400646 immediately
Re: I Need To Code A Mercedes Key/brainbox by qunleajayi(m): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2011
Do you also know anybody who can work on the roof conversion? Please also call, Thanks
Re: I Need To Code A Mercedes Key/brainbox by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 10, 2011
^^^ The obvious place to get a replacement key coded to your Mercedes-Benz ECU, would be a Mercedes-Benz dealership. We're talking security issues here. You know the right thing to do, I'm sure. . .
Re: I Need To Code A Mercedes Key/brainbox by qunleajayi(m): 11:27am On Oct 11, 2011
The dealerships cost an arm and a leg as you well know. U could spend the cost of the car just coding a key. Am looking for an independent technician, I hear there's a guy in Ibadan and another at Apapa,
Re: I Need To Code A Mercedes Key/brainbox by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 12, 2011
^^^ Dealerships are expensive, but they know their respective cars. You only need to read tales of woe on here, to know how some non-qualified persons, masquerading as engineers wreck vehicles. A car goes in for something routine, like replacing foglamps, and ends up with a dead BSI. Result? One permanently grounded car. There's one on here, a 2004 Volvo S40. Check out a user by the name of Ikenna, and see what happened to his car!

Besides, Immobiliser is a security feature. I know I would not be keen on a non-franchised independent having access to my vehicle's security codes. When vehicles go AWOL, shortly after having keys and ECU's coded, it's not mere coincidence.

Most auto issues in Nigeria, especially newer models, is not due to reliability issues. These issues are mostly attributed to the owners of the vehicles themselves, where they prefer to go the El-Cheapo routes. Sometimes they work, often they don't.
Re: I Need To Code A Mercedes Key/brainbox by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 12, 2011
Just to give an example of an instance, whereby cutting corners can end in tears, and the ultimate death of your car, take a look at this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=779561.msg9319109#msg9319109

(1) (Reply)

Registered 2000 Model Mazda 626 Millenium: Price: N600k / Lagos Cleared 2005 Mitsubishi Galant / Neat Tokunbo Bmw 320i 2000 @ 1.5M(08096577304)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.