Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Career Crisis - What Do I Do - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Crisis - What Do I Do (11006 Views)

Mass Job Losses Loom In Q1 2023 Amid Naira Crisis - Manufacturers, Economist / Artisans And Craftsmanship In Nigeria: A Looming Crisis. / COVID-19 LOCKDOWN: There is Opportunity In Every Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Crisis - What Do I Do by xammax(m): 11:39pm On Aug 01, 2023
Hi guys,

So I recently got a job in a big 4 firm. Apparently I’m in tax and I am absolutely not finding it enjoyable.

I’m sad about this because I want to do audit.

I’m only sticking it through, it appears I cannot move in my firm because I just joined and going to a year.

I do want to leave to another big 4 firm to audit as I don’t mind starting over but then I do not know the process of doing this to make this move.

How do I cope with something I absolutely do not find joy in.

Advise…..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by Oblongata: 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
Are you chartered?

Are you 25 and below?

Are you single?

Did you study accounting or related course?

Did you have good grades?

If you are you can apply for the post of Audit trainee in any of the big 4, but if not, try other audit companies and seek experience before you can be lucky and switch to big 4. It is well with you!

7 Likes

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by sofeo(m): 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2023

You sounded like you were forced into this though, and the msg isn't really clear at the same time.

The Lord is your strength, you only need divine wisdom for smooth direction and sailing.

2 Likes

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by Ombudsman1: 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
QUIT AND BECOME AN ENTREPRENEUR. YOU WILL FIND JOY UNLIMITED

5 Likes

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by slawomir: 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by airsaylongcome: 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
Sometimes you stay on the grind and grind it out

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by updatechange(m): 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
Big 4 firm… man derive the joy to enjoy your job at least for the moment while you find your way through. Pray for it but don’t force or push too hard for it.

2 Likes

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by Offpoint1: 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
You don't like the firm or the job? Which one is your problem?

3 Likes

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by BarrElChapo(m): 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
Do it for a year and within that year find out if you can be posted to the audit section of the firm or after then you can move to another Big 4 as a more experienced hire.
Every kind of experience is welcomed on the journey.
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by negaiyke: 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
If your switch is just for passion and not financial, That is if your well taken care of Financially in the Tax sector...

then I'll suggest you stick around, you'll adjust with time
Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by bennybuhari: 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
When are they fixing our refineries and when will Dangote refinery begin operation?

3 Likes

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by Thortp(m): 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
So, where is your diversity?
If you finally got the Audit job, what happens if you're moved to another department. Will you resign?
Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by being(m): 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
Young man, why are u stressing yourself psychologically?
What is there to know about d process of moving to another firm? Is it not just to be on the look out for their graduate or experienced hire adverts?
And you can also wait for 6 months or 1 year and apply to move to audit in your current firm-- u should be easily obliged as most people want to move the other way.
xammax:
Hi guys,

So I recently got a job in a big 4 firm. Apparently I’m in tax and I am absolutely not finding it enjoyable.

I’m only sticking it through, it appears I cannot move in my firm because I just joined and going to a year.

I do want to leave to another big 4 firm to audit as I don’t mind starting over but then I do not know the process of doing this to make this move.

Advise…..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by Starprince009: 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
What is the reason you don't have peace of mind?? Are you enjoying it or are you doing it to survive OMAH LAY

1 Like

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by IgOga(m): 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
Stay in tax and enjoy.....audit isn't as fun as it seems.

Think of what you can do with tax......don't loose your professional experience because you want to enjoy audit in another big 4

2 Likes

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by AgentGoat: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
Na your mind sey deceive you abi?
Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by JayDaily2: 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by PortHarcourtcit(m): 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
Some have food but can not eat, some can eat but have no food... What a world...

3 Likes

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by blackdover: 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
Sorry oh
Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by Suspect33(m): 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
You are looking for enjoyable job under Timubu administration grin grin

Naija resemble Canada for your eyes wey you dey find job satisfaction. Oga Timubu is currently your president, hold onto your job tightly because under Timubu the hardship will only get worse grin

1 Like

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by MykellOni(m): 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
A
Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by Mikelarteta(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
Abeg go out and join the protest forget work for now. Nigeria must be great again.
Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by NastiLord: 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
You be tax collector??
No near my area o

2 Likes

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by 1stola: 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
embarassed
Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by ImoleNaija: 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by BarrElChapo(m): 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
poseto9142:
My

SCAMMER
Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by Mindlog: 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2023
sofeo:

You sounded like you were forced into this though, and the msg isn't really clear at the same time.

The Lord is your strength, you only need divine wisdom for smooth direction and sailing.

Sometimes what you had passion for, fades and your heart yearns for something else. I studied accountancy, loved it at that time until I began to feel detached, went back to school to study something else.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by trevorlinda: 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2023
How much do u earn
Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by Cmanforall: 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2023
xammax:
Hi guys,

Advise…..

How many years of experience do you have in your field?

Gain the experience

1 Like

Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by wittywriter: 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2023
Keep grinding....find solace in your monthly stipends.
Work towards owning a firm of your own.

Wittyness

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. / FGN-ALAT Digital Skillnovation Training Starts Today: Share Your Challenge Here / Why Nigerian Youths Need To Make The Transition From Graduate To Apprentice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.