Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Heroic Applause For The Champions! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Heroic Applause For The Champions! (785 Views)

Pictures From The Heroic Welcome For Colombia World Cup Team / Premier League To Pay Tribute With Minute's Applause At All Weekend Games. / Rio Ferdinand Could Face Uefa Action Over Sarcastic Applause Of Referee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heroic Applause For The Champions! by hitsales(m): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2007
Atlast, with an Unbeatd record of Seven Wins, The golden Eaglets of Nigeria have finally clinged the trphy for the Third time for keeps. It was a brilliant performance for the Yemi Tella led team who conceded only four goals and winning all their matches on a clean sheet. The Eaglets have proven once more what they're capable of. They are the Champions of the under 17 World Youth championship!!!

The whole stood Agog for this lads who showed skills, energy and strength with every euthusiasm displayed in every match. Once more, a heroic applause for their coach who sat on the bench all through the matches without intefering in the lads game, having belief in them for their football exploits and confidence. I really I'm proud to be a Nigeria when it comes to national Glory!!! Stand Up for the Champions!!! They are really Champions of the World!!!!

Michael B
Re: Heroic Applause For The Champions! by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 10, 2007
Sorry to douse your excitement but i think it is nothing to be excited about when we take 27 year olds to go and beat 16 year olds. It is so shameful to look at the faces of those old men who most of them claim to be born after 1990.Let us change our mentality of 'wanting to win at any cost' and put real children who will benefit better from the experience. Chrisanthus that has been playing football since the 90s'!!!!

Look at the faces of the spanish players! Those children must have been so scared looking at the faces of those Nigerian monsters!

The old addage stands:When an old man is always fighting small children and winning, the day he fights his mate,he will be completely humiliated.
Re: Heroic Applause For The Champions! by labiyemmy(m): 10:28am On Sep 10, 2007
@og2711

Ok - we have heard you - say something else.

I guess u are in Europe and you can see how a real under 17 actually looks, then compare with all the white players in the tournament -

four or five of the Spanish players are playing in top Spanish clubs - Real Madrid etc - even one is in Arsenal - tell me how old u think they are to get to that level. 14?
Re: Heroic Applause For The Champions! by Bolarge(m): 10:38am On Sep 10, 2007
And the world bows to the greatest. cool

[size=14pt]Hail Nigeria!!![/size] cool cool cool
Re: Heroic Applause For The Champions! by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 10, 2007
labiyemmy,i am in naija here but have been privileged to travel to other countries to see how these things work.

These players are in clubs who have a well documented youth policy which identifies youth from as early as 5 years so there is no question of one man walking off the street to say that he is 15 years old. If you watch the club tv stations(such as man u tv and celtic tv etc) you will see that they hold under 10 tournaments in which these same players you are seeing now participated in some 5/6 years ago.

These players that we beat in the final are all the stronger and more experienced and if the two teams meet in 3 years time they will probabaly play us stupid.That is the point of the whole tournament: to give young players the experience of playing in a big tournament to make them better.Look at the under 21 tourney where we carried old men and were still disgraced like amateurs.There was a nigerian playing for the austrian team named Okotie.That is what a 20 year old nigerian looks like!

[b]Go to youtube.com and watch the video on 'rhain davies'.You will see a 9 year old playing like okocha.[/b]he has already signed for manchester united so when he appears in 6 years time and they say he plays for man u, it is not a big deal.
Re: Heroic Applause For The Champions! by obanikoro2(m): 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2007
if those Nigerian guys are really under 17, then I am under 3.
Re: Heroic Applause For The Champions! by labiyemmy(m): 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2007
@Obanikoro2

Ok - we have heard - say something new.
Re: Heroic Applause For The Champions! by damkollins(m): 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2007
obanikoro2:

if those Nigerian guys are really under 17, then I am under 3.
grin grin grin
Re: Heroic Applause For The Champions! by Banderas(m): 4:43pm On Sep 10, 2007
But Damcollins is a child genius, under 3 and able to use the pc.
Re: Heroic Applause For The Champions! by damkollins(m): 5:00pm On Sep 10, 2007
Banderas:

But Damcollins is a child genius, under 3 and able to use the pc.
Even if I'm 3 and using PC effectively, Am I different from MACAULEY CHRISANTUS(golden boot winner),is he not also a genious?
Re: Heroic Applause For The Champions! by labiyemmy(m): 9:23pm On Sep 10, 2007
@Damkollins

Your name says it all - Dam u.

(1) (Reply)

The Fate Of Chelsea Manager / Your Best Starting 11 In Epl, La Liga And Calcio / Great Gunners Lost To Boro! What Would Happen Come Dec 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.