Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,340 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

The Man That Duped 90 Home Seekers Of N20m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Man That Duped 90 Home Seekers Of N20m (722 Views)

Lagos School Abduction: Kidnapper Demands N20m Per Student.. / Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m / 21-Year Old Student In EFCC Custody Over N20m Internet Love Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Man That Duped 90 Home Seekers Of N20m by doublekay: 6:48am On Oct 11, 2011
Tajudeen Yusuf allegedly collected rent from numerous unsuspecting victims for a building that was under construction

The Lagos State Police Command, on Monday, paraded a man who claimed to be a developer for duping over 90 persons of over N20 million.

Police spokesperson, Samuel Jinadu, said that the alleged fraudster, Tajudeen Yusuf, 47, duped over 90 persons of N20 million with a property that was listed for rent. He said that the house has been sealed to keep away any occupants in order to conclude the investigations.

Yusuf, who confessed to the crime, however said that he collected money from about 50 people for two houses containing four self-contained apartments and three mini flats.

He said that he could not confirm the total amount of money he collected from the victims to construct the building at 38 Thomas Animashaun Street, Aguda, Surulere.

Asked how he would repay the victims of the scam, the father of 4, who lives at 21 Arowoyabuna, Ajegunle said: "I go hustle to get money pay them", explaining that he would put the house on lease to get money for his victims’ refund.

One of the victims, Bartholomew Ewa, a staff of Tantalizers, said that he saw a poster which advertised a vacant mini-flat and when he called, he was directed to 38 Animashaun Street, and on getting there, he found that the house was still under construction.

He said that he paid N360, 000 for a mini-flat on 19th of August, and was given two weeks to come for the key and so was visiting the place frequently to check developments.

He said he once tried to fix wires for his generator on one of such visits but Yusuf told him that he cannot do that because they were flooring the house. On his return some days later, he found many people in the place clamouring for their own apartment.

"That was when it downed on me that I have been duped by this man," he said.

A widow, Bimbo Achi, said she borrowed money from her church to pay the rent for a flat in the house. "The church agreed to pay on my behalf and the pastor came to check the place and spoke with them and paid them a cheque of N300, 000," she said. "Later, they asked me to come and collect my key on September 20 which was the date I agreed to pay them their balance of N60, 000, but on getting there, I saw a lot of people fighting."

Jinadu said that the matter has been transferred to State CID, Panti, for further investigations, and urged people to go to the right channel whenever they are seeking houses in the metropolis to avoid being duped.

Re: The Man That Duped 90 Home Seekers Of N20m by BootyOnMe: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2011
Na Yoruba pipo get this "Odu" department.
Their men LOOOOOOOOVE to romance older women for their wallets! grin

I have met MANY "Yoruba" developers on the WWW who tried to 'inspire' me ooooh!!!

Can you imagine? A WHHHHHOLE ME? grin

(1) (Reply)

Pastor rap.es 12-yr-old Chorister. / Woman Chops Off Husband's Penis Over Alleged Infidelity / 13 Year-old-girl Murdered, Kept In Fridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.