Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday (3594 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 / Super Eagles Vs Peru (0 - 1) On Thursday May 24th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by Ayele12: 10:30am On Oct 11, 2011
THE Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, would make a prouncement on the fate of embattled Super Eagles coach, Samson Siasia on Thursday.
Technical Committee Chairman of the NFF, Barrister Chris Green who looked ruffled yesterday apparently from the harsh reality of Nigeria missing from the Nations Cup in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea next year said that they were still studying the contract of Siasia.
“His contract is clear. It is hinged on his qualification for the Nations Cup. But we are still looking at the details and will make it known to you people on Thursday”, Green who was accompanied by NFF image maker, Ademola Olajire said.

http://www.zoomheader.com/2011/10/nff-decides-siasias-fate-on-thursday.html
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by ekitikan(m): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2011
He shd be left alone.
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by otokx(m): 11:50am On Oct 11, 2011
They should take their time to crucify him
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by macayub(m): 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2011
They should sack him ASAP. We cant continue to tolerate failure.
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by mallorca(m): 1:39pm On Oct 11, 2011
sack him now
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by DaDoctor: 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2011
HE CANTS HAVE OUR MILLIONS MOTHLY, OUR BRAND NEW LATEST MODEL CAR AND CHOICE MANSION AT ABUJA ALL FOR HIS LUXURY YET HE IS FAILING!!!

HE EARNS WHAT WHITE COACHES EARN, WHY DIDNT HE DELIVER. HE SHOULD BE SACKED FOR IF IT WAS A WHITE COACH ,WE WOULD HAVE SACKED HIM LONG AGO

GOOD BYE SIASIA. SACK HIM BEFORE HE BRINGS US MORE SHAME
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by alexchuks: 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2011
Please NFF use Monday morning hammer to hammer him, let him face what he made Eyama to face for what goes aruond comes around. He cannot give us the joy of good football and to make matters worst he has failed to take us to African world cup cry cry cry cry o! siasia why? You must go, go and manage under 17 or 19 that is you level for now.
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by moreprof: 2:32pm On Oct 11, 2011
Good Bye Siasia
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by 1025: 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2011
why waiting till thursday? pls make them sack this bad workman that always quarrels with his tools. we wish him good luck in his future endeavour mr. $5k.
you expect mikel to get money from chelsea and give it to u here in nigeria.
if they sack, he can go and join the kidnappers.
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by Okijajuju1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2011
Abeg make una free the guy!! I kneel down dey beg una,

T.B Joshua is on the matter/, we go still qualify, grin
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2011
TB Jujuoshua should be on the NFF Technical Team instead of that Molue Babalawo called Festust Onigbindufus tongue grin
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by shakers(m): 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2011
I DONT THINK THE PROBLEM IS THE COACH, EVEN IF YOU BRING MOURHINO OR DEL BOSQUE TO COACH THOSE USELESS SUPER EAGLES BOYS, THEY STILL WILL NOT GET RESULT, ITS SAD TO SAY THAT WE DO NOT HAVE THOSE TALENTS ANYMORE IN OUR SUPER EAGLES LIKE IN THE DAYS OF J.J OKOCHA, AMOKACHI, FINIDI, IKPEBA AND THE LIKES, THE QUALITY OF OUR PLAYERS HAVE REALLY DEPRECIATED TO THE EXTENT THAT NO NIGERIAN PLAYERS HAS A REGULAR SHIRT IN ANY OF THE BIG CLUBS IN EUROPE.
ONCE AGAIN ITS NOT ABOUT SIASIA BUT ABOUT DEVELOPING THE GAME.
THANKS
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by SuperDan1: 4:10pm On Oct 11, 2011
Sincerely speaking, if Amodu who qualified us for the world cup and also took us to the semi finals of the nations cup was sacked, i do not see any reason why Siasia should stay till Thursday.I think Siasia is too unforgiving for my liking,Enyeama will never concede that second goal.He should be fired ASAP.
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by honeric01(m): 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2011
He's going to be sacked if we respect contracts and law in Nigeria.

The contract states that his first assignment is to get to at least quarter final of the nations cup, now that he didn't even qualify, how then can he get to quarter finals? so he's a failure 100% and by Thursday, we should be thinking of other coach for a long term plan just like Egypt is doing with Pole abi na bobby of the USA.
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by bong4(m): 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2011
If you like sack Siasia and hire Ferguson, as far as i am concern any coach you bring and he invites the likes of mikel, osaze, yobo, enyeama you will still get the same result-FAILURE cos these guys are lethargic and have pass the level of commitment to Nigeria football. It is better we do away with the whole team and give the job to John Obuh to bring in new eagles with purposeful football or maintain Siasia and tell him to get us a new and vibrant team. The olympic eagles is talented but with Eguavoen as the coach i dont think they will go far but one on one the olympic eagles is better than super eagles, but the under 20 is better and more committed than the super eagles and should form the bulk of the new super eagles.
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by honeric01(m): 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2011
bong4:

If you like sack Siasia and hire Ferguson, as far as i am concern any coach you bring and he invites the likes of mikel, osaze, yobo, enyeama you will still get the same result-FAILURE cos these guys are lethargic and have pass the level of commitment to Nigeria football. It is better we do away with the whole team and give the job to John Obuh to bring in new eagles with purposeful football or maintain Siasia and tell him to get us a new and vibrant team. The olympic eagles is talented but with Eguavoen as the coach i dont think they will go far but one on one the olympic eagles is better than super eagles, but the under 20 is better and more committed than the super eagles and should form the bulk of the new super eagles.

That's a pure lie, even without help and support, Amodu still delivered, under intense pressure, he still superseded all the tasks, goals, targets e.t.c the NFA gave him. Nigerians are short-sighted, i knew Siasia was never a good coach for the SE ever since watching that quarter final match against 10 man Germany (U-20 in Egypt).
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by Dandas: 5:00pm On Oct 11, 2011
So Siasia knows the meaning of apology when he refused to accept Enyeama's apology.Nemesis will continue to haunt him for trying to frustrate Enyeama.Let them sack Siasia now!
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2011
something everyone keeps forgetting to say is this

Osaze killed the game for Nigeria.he had 3 excellent chances to score,1 he lagoed,the other he passed to the GK,the third he just baloon am.he basically played like he was out to show siasia for dropping him in those other games but what he failed to realise is that na himself he do for he might not be able to go to another nations cup again
take a look at that game again and with all the chances osaze alone missed we should have been talking of like 4-0 1st half alone
not taking away the fact that siasia commited a blunder in his sub of obi but i believe that would not have been necessary if we had taken our chances.
the team actually had started playing better as a team in a long while and with the right players we will go places,not talking of some of the boys siasia seemed to be so much in love with for if i have a problem with him as a coach,it is his reluctance to drop some of these boys that will never make the SE.we can talk of his disciplinary methods but lets face facts,osaze and mikel(am a mikel fan btw) and TT who are our players mostly in the limelight are nothing but average players  at best.For christs sake,osas plays for west brom and if he could not get a top club when he was younger then he wont be getting one at 30 or 31,joel obi polays for inter regularly and he is a young lad,we have loads of players like that every where but we always go for the ones we see on the BPL(which is not a good league to nuture players with skill)
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 11, 2011
Quote from: bong4 on Today at 04:29:23 PM

That's a pure lie, even without help and support, Amodu still delivered, under intense pressure, he still superseded all the tasks, goals, targets e.t.c the NFA gave him. Nigerians are short-sighted, i knew Siasia was never a good coach for the SE ever since watching that quarter final match against 10 man Germany (U-20 in Egypt).

so siasia was a good coach before the game vs Germany?
see exactly thje problem with Nigerian football??
we are Gods when we perform but useless when we dont.when will the nation actually scraps the whole football thing and start from the scratch
let me give you examples
Ghana----see how good the nation is at football now,remember there was a time ghanaian football went thru an over-all
Ivory Coast--same can be said
Zambia---they just qualified for a nations cup after yrs away(restructured their football)

Nigeria-in doldrums cos game needs restructuring
cameroon-same boat
egypt-same boat

see a trend
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by denitro(m): 5:28pm On Oct 11, 2011
A win will clam down what is going on,
It will definitely save my job,                            , Siasia

If he draws or loses to Ghana,
FIRE HIM
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by honeric01(m): 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2011
milehigh06:

something everyone keeps forgetting to say is this

Osaze killed the game for Nigeria.he had 3 excellent chances to score,1 he lagoed,the other he passed to the GK,the third he just baloon am.he basically played like he was out to show siasia for dropping him in those other games but what he failed to realise is that na himself he do for he might not be able to go to another nations cup again
take a look at that game again and with all the chances osaze alone missed we should have been talking of like 4-0 1st half alone
not taking away the fact that siasia commited a blunder in his sub of obi but i believe that would not have been necessary if we had taken our chances.
the team actually had started playing better as a team in a long while and with the right players we will go places,not talking of some of the boys siasia seemed to be so much in love with for if i have a problem with him as a coach,it is his reluctance to drop some of these boys that will never make the SE.we can talk of his disciplinary methods but lets face facts,osaze and mikel(am a mikel fan btw) and TT who are our players mostly in the limelight are nothing but average players  at best.For christs sake,osas plays for west brom and if he could not get a top club when he was younger then he wont be getting one at 30 or 31,joel obi polays for inter regularly and he is a young lad,we have loads of players like that every where but we always go for the ones we see on the BPL(which is not a good league to nuture players with skill)

What is the job of the coach? was he not suppose to have seen that Osaze was playing under-per? why didn't he remove him on time? why wait till 70mins? was it also osaze that removed all the midfielders we had in the team except Mikel? Siasia KILLED the game, he lacked and still lacks technical ability as a coach, please remind me again, what formation did he play in the second half? all the players were just running around, once the Guineans get the ball out of their box, it's 100% free for them to play with because Nigeria had just Mikel left in the midfield.

Why did Emenike who kept wasting chances left to play 90mins?
Why did he remove Joe Obi for Ekigho?
What about Ejide? why didn't he use Ejide? we all know Ejide is better than Aiyenugba, even if you want to punish Enyeama, what about Ejide?

Just tell, what was he thinking?

Infact i too dey waste my time, he's only good at age-grade tournament, not for this level.

milehigh06:

Quote from: bong4 on Today at 04:29:23 PM
so siasia was a good coach before the game vs Germany?
see exactly thje problem with Nigerian football??
we are Gods when we perform but useless when we dont.when will the nation actually scraps the whole football thing and start from the scratch
let me give you examples
Ghana----see how good the nation is at football now,remember there was a time ghanaian football went thru an over-all
Ivory Coast--same can be said
Zambia---they just qualified for a nations cup after yrs away(restructured their football)

Nigeria-in doldrums cos game needs restructuring
cameroon-same boat
egypt-same boat

see a trend

C'mon, go and sit down somewhere, i knew he was just an average coach there right from the beginning, you can go and check the thread i put up when they were looking to hiring either him or Keshi, i chose Keshi because i knew from the start that he was not a "complete coach" for the SE.

No one would have killed him if he was able to play anyhow but still wins, then he can decide to experiment in the nations cup or thereafter.

Keshi's not just a coach, in his playing days, his team mates feared and respected him because he was a leader-player-coach.

Put yourself in a reasonable man's shoe, what would you do if your worker you employed to manufacture and also sell your products for 50% profit reward end up not even able to manufacture, not to talk of selling your products? what would you do to such a worker? promote him or increase his salary?

Lets take away sentiments and always support meritocratic approach to life.
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2011
honeric01:

What is the job of the coach? was he not suppose to have seen that Osaze was playing under-per? why didn't he remove him on time? why wait till 70mins? was it also osaze that removed all the midfielders we had in the team except Mikel? Siasia KILLED the game, he lacked and still lacks technical ability as a coach, please remind me again, what formation did he play in the second half? all the players were just running around, once the Guineans get the ball out of their box, it's 100% free for them to play with because Nigeria had just Mikel left in the midfield.

Why did Emenike who kept wasting chances left to play 90mins?
Why did he remove Joe Obi for Ekigho?
What about Ejide? why didn't he use Ejide? we all know Ejide is better than Aiyenugba, even if you want to punish Enyeama, what about Ejide?

Just tell, what was he thinking?

Infact i too dey waste my time, he's only good at age-grade tournament, not for this level.

C'mon, go and sit down somewhere, i knew he was just an average coach there right from the beginning, you can go and check the thread i put up when they were looking to hiring either him or Keshi, i chose Keshi because i knew from the start that he was not a "complete coach" for the SE.

No one would have killed him if he was able to play anyhow but still wins, then he can decide to experiment in the nations cup or thereafter.

Keshi's not just a coach, in his playing days, his team mates feared and respected him because he was a leader-player-coach.

Put yourself in a reasonable man's shoe, what would you do if your worker you employed to manufacture and also sell your products for 50% profit reward end up not even able to manufacture, not to talk of selling your products? what would you do to such a worker? promote him or increase his salary?

Lets take away sentiments and always support meritocratic approach to life.

About Osas,he played well leading up to the chances but when the chances came it just fluffed it and if you say you knew siasia was a bad coach before then it does not show in your post and based on his results,you cant say he is an average coach cos his ratio of wins to losses is way greater than most Nigerian coaches if not all and that is just plain facts
Amodu had a success rate with the SE but at what expense,all of us including you had heart attack when the SE played,despite we getting far(which is mediocre by naija standards)we always got far by the skin of our teeth but that does not say I would not prefer qualifying to not qualifying but the blame is not only on siasia,what of the NFF who scheduled travelling arrangements for a must win match shabbily?what of the players who felt it was their right to don our jersies?
SE has been in decline since 1995 and siasia was not coach then while amodu also was not coach then so basically it tells you that our problems is more than just the coach but the management and wrong players being chosen to represent us or maybe we should say lack of Nigerian plkayers in good teams
the 94 team had at least 15 1st team starters in there
even rufai was number 1 in his club
same with everyone that was in the starting 11,how many of our players are starters at their respective clubs and compare to ghana,ivory coast,even senegal,and guinea(yes guinea) and you will see that our football is basically dead
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by ifyalways(f): 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2011
Why wait till thursday really?
The slowpoke should have been booted out since.Unforgiving,unproductive wimp.

Abeg,he should just disappear.Yeye coach that won all friendlies and lost out in all competitions.
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by tjtough: 6:10pm On Oct 11, 2011
It's funny how just few months ago Nigerians were saying only Siasia could deliver.
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by honeric01(m): 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2011
ifyalways:

Why wait till thursday really?
The slowpoke should have been booted out since.Unforgiving,unproductive wimp.

Abeg,he should just disappear.Yeye coach that won all friendlies and lost out in all competitions.

Won all friendlies? which friendly did he win all?

milehigh06:

About Osas,he played well leading up to the chances but when the chances came it just fluffed it and if you say you knew siasia was a bad coach before then it does not show in your post and based on his results,you cant say he is an average coach cos his ratio of wins to losses is way greater than most Nigerian coaches if not all and that is just plain facts
Amodu had a success rate with the SE but at what expense,all of us including you had heart attack when the SE played,despite we getting far(which is mediocre by naija standards)we always got far by the skin of our teeth but that does not say I would not prefer  qualifying to not qualifying but the blame is not only on siasia,what of the NFF who scheduled travelling arrangements for a must win match shabbily?what of the players who felt it was their right to don our jersies?
SE has been in decline since 1995 and siasia was not coach then while amodu also was not coach then so basically it tells you that our problems is more than just the coach but the management and wrong players being chosen to represent us or maybe we should say lack of Nigerian plkayers in good teams
the 94 team had at least 15 1st team starters in there
even rufai was number 1 in his club
same with everyone that was in the starting 11,how many of our players are starters at their respective clubs and compare to ghana,ivory coast,even senegal,and guinea(yes guinea) and you will see that our football is basically dead

I hope u sabi read abi? so show me where i said Siasia is a bad coach, i said he's not a complete coach and not fit for the SE, better used for age-grade tourney.

Which kind all of us had heart attack during Amodu's time? now tell me, is it not the same problems we "suffered" under Amodu that we still suffered on Saturday?

Let me break down the difference between Amodu's SE and Siasia's SE.

Amodu's SE got the job done at the crucial moments, never went missing when it mattered most but Siasia failed in this situation.

Amodu had no journalists praising him nor NFA giving him free hands to work, yet broke all the records set for him to achieve. in the other hand, Siasia with all journalists praising him and the NFA treating him like the queen of England couldn't even pass his no 1 assignment (the simplest of all his assignments), WTF

Please be sincere with yourself, if it was Amodu that screwed up at this crucial moment, or Keshi or Ikhana or any other coach, would you be fighting for them this way?

You claim that Siasia's winning ratio is greater than almost all the coaches we have in Nigeria, this just prove to me that you really do not watch football, apart from the fact that Siasia only coached age-grade team, he has mostly failed in all the task given to him (if cheating with over-aged players is not included). most of all the players he used in age-grade tournaments are even older than the average SE players, he didn't even groom players to replace the old SE, so what are you talking about here?

Even if Amodu got far by the skin of your teeth, he still got the JOB DONE, of what use is a beautiful car that can't take me to my destination? of what use is a dead lion? of what use is a crippled horse? of what use is a dead refinery?

Even during Amodu's time, we were one of the first to qualify for the nations cup, so you lied there by saying we qualified by luck, we beat all our opponents black and blue until the world cup era which can be traced to alot of factors (hostile fans, hostile NFA, hostile media/press), none of them saw anything good in what he was doing, they said he had no power over the team, yet they still played for him and got the job done for him, Siasia they claim's got power over his team kept clashing with his top players and in the world got nothing done.

Open your eyes, go and watch that match again, there was nothing tactical from Siasia, the Guinean coach was miles ahead of him, understood the game, played as if he was the one at home and showed THE WHOLE WORLD how technically unsound Siasia was and still is. ( if he wants to succeed as a senior coach, he should go back to a top coaching school).

Finally, stop making excuses for failure, Amodu did his job twice, he met all his obligation still under the excuses you're giving while Siasia failed woefully.

Amodu qualified for the nations cup in 2002 and also the world cup, when he was sacked, Chukwu was unable to qualify us for the world cup in 2006, Amodu again was brought back in 2008 after vogts screwed us up, Amodu got the job done again under intense criticism, what more do you want from a competent man like that?

As for as i'm concerned, Amodu remains the best coach (citizen) we have and have ever had, miles ahead of Siasia, even Keshi that was Amodu's assistant is twice ahead of Siasia too. ( we have been to the world cup only 4 times, Amodu alone qualified us twice out of these 4 times, what else do you want from such a competent man?
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 11, 2011
NFF, SiaSia, NFL, Super Chickens, big fail. The government shouldn't pay a dime to anybody who plays for the national team, they are all fucking losers, freaking Maggots.
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 12, 2011
He should be sacked for failing to qualify for AFCON for the first time in 25yrs (QED) angry
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by ifyalways(f): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2011
@Honeric,He won Argentina,Kenya and Sierra Leone friendlies now.

I cant wait for thursday,Sia1 just have to go.
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by honeric01(m): 10:27am On Oct 12, 2011
^^^^
When did he play Kenya? what about Argentina? you mean the "staged" one in Abuja or the real one in Bangladesh?
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by ifyalways(f): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2011
^They played Kenya sometime in march @ Abuja.We won Argentina "C team" 4:1 but lost out to the Argies "A team" @ Bangladesh.

All in all,Sia 1 needs to go assist Coach Eucharia of super Falcons.He can now there fully maximize his potentials of gossiping and fighting every player,carrying grudges about like a mad market women.shioor.
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2011
all those siasia should be sacked agitators, when you are done sacking every coach after 3 years,you will all be satisfied with no progress with the SE,it took westerhof 5 yrs to create a winning team,amodu was coach times for a total of 5 yrs, 1yr 1yr 3yrs and we were expecting miracles we will never get any and it is not a coincidence that the only coaches that achieved anything with nigeria spent some time with the team
Re: NFF Decides Siasia’s Fate On Thursday by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2011
and what has anyone got to say about the NFF not letting the team know that at 2-1 they were through,even tv comentators were busy saying we needed one more goal.
if that was the case,what if the substitution of Joel obi for an attacker had produced a goal and we qualified and we will all hail him as the messiah
not saying we should sack or not sack siasia,we will always see trhe result of our actions later on in life,but as long as we keep on sacking coaches we will never get anywhere
the only coaches that achieved anything with the SE stayed more than 2yrs straight
I was an amodu supporter cos he had very very good results in the local league with all clubs he managed but wanted him out for just 2 reasons when he took over the SE this last time,
1 He seemed to be in bed with most of these players
2 He was too timid a coach with the SE for the NFF could push him anywhere they felt like

and after reading about the coaches we have had,he also was not given time the 1st 2 times and i guess that was why he decided to be the NFF's boy-boy the 3rd time which speaks volume of his characteristics as a man.for Amodu is a very good coach but he allowed himself to be cowed by certain players and the NFF
Siasia is also a good coach who has results with the junior teams but he is young and needs to learn that you dont always have to be hercules for the players to respect you
he needs to pipe down a little but still be firm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Football Betting A Means To Financial Freedom / World Football Player Rankings - Useful Tool For Checking On Player Performance / Tennis Club(s) In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.