Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Magodo Estate Levy. Is This Legal? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Magodo Estate Levy. Is This Legal? (949 Views)

8 Accers Of @ Magodo Estate Lagos With G/c / Magodo Ph 2 Estate Levy. Is This Legal? / To Let: Flats At Gbagada , Magodo Estate, Abule-egba Becklay Estate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Magodo Estate Levy. Is This Legal? by otesy: 12:48pm On Oct 11, 2011
It has become a trend for certain estates in Lagos to levy residents with outrageous sums of money. According to these associations, the levy is to develop the estate. I live in Magodo phase 2 and the resident's association MRA, of which I am not a member have imposed a levy of about N50,000 on residents living in my zone (Tokunboh Macauley and environs). Residents are subjected to untold hardship in the mornings in a bid to enforce this so called development levy. In my presence, one of the security guards empowered by the association used a large stone to hit a man's head yesterday (10.10.2011) simply because the man insisted on being allowed to pass the street gates. His crime? He had not paid the levy of N50,000. My question to learned people in the house, are estate levy's legal? Does one immediately belong to an Estate association simply because he resides in that estate or is he entitled to decide if he wants to be part of this association or not? Is it not illegal to impose a levy on someone who do not consider himself a member of such an association? More annoying is the fact that last year, residents of my zone were made to pay N48,000 and as at today, that money remains unaccounted for. The MRA claims that they were the ones who tarred the road (Tokunboh Macauley) when everyone knows Fashola repaired that road. I am tired of being harassed on a daily basis since the same scene reoccurred today. How do we put a stop to this menace?

(1) (Reply)

Pvc Windows, Doors, Ceiling Boards, Clips, Partition / 8 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flat With Bq Each, Swimming Pool @ Asokoro For Sale N950m. / Cyber Cafe For Sale For 800k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.