Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? (8247 Views)

If Employers Do Not Remove Tax From Source, Would You Pay / Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? / 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Osiki18(f): 10:27am On Aug 08, 2023
The Chairperson of the Federal Character Commission (FCC), Muheeba Dankaka, and some of its commissioners were, on Wednesday, engaged in accusations and counter-accusations of impropriety and nepotism at the resumed hearing of the House of Representatives ad hoc committee investigating job racketeering at federal establishments.

“Dr Dankaka will request the chief executives to come to her office and discuss 10 per cent. She does collect 10 per cent from all MDAs of all the employment she is signing. All those 10 per cent she is collecting, those are the slots that she employs agents that are selling.

“I have two employment letters here of her children in juicy agencies where the annual salary is N6.1 million; the other is N8.2 million. I have the appointment letters here.

From the above, it is seen that Nigeria has a far way to go.
My question is, can you pay to get your dream job? A job with good pay, good working environment, a nice ride, vacation and probably a great apartment.

Will your faith, conscience or family background hinder you from paying to get the job?
And as an employer, what would make you tell potential employees to pay in order to secure their spot?
Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 08, 2023
Wetin dream job matter dey find for romance section?

Abi Ur own dream job Na IndecentStar or relationship counsellor

12 Likes

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Osiki18(f): 11:08am On Aug 08, 2023
UnusualEmissary:

Why not just drop your opinion? If the thread was posted in the wrong section, the mods can handle it.

11 Likes

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by oyeb15: 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2023
I need a Federal job. Am ready to pay handsomely to get one. Am a 2:1 graduate of 13years,Bachelor of Arts, 7ft tall, versatile ,not religious and not tribal. Kindly message my signature if u can link me with a sure slot.

I will forever be grateful.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by aylive02(m): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2023
cheesy

Although I find it improper, Nigeria has made it a usual practice. I have no choice!

6 Likes

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Hambivert: 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2023
Someone paid ₦600k to get a job, another paid ₦1.5m, yet they all ended up not getting the job.
In Nigeria many people are just afraid of starting small, coupled with other socio-economic uncertainties that affects businesses.
If jobs were sparogatively available and surplus, who would pay?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Sonnobax15(m): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2023
lipsrsealed
Yes I can....

But here in 9ja,we no longer find ourselves achieving our dream jobs anymore....Na anywhere belle face jobs we dey do now......So far food dey our tables angry.

Cuz right here,you can easily find someone who studied civil engineering working in a bank...........and vice versa......

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Ekakamba: 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2023

Reality no dey play with wishes.
Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by SALLYBERRY01(m): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
Yes

1 Like

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Grupo(m): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
Lol. Majority of those jobs you pay to get are often useless MDA, agency and federal ministry jobs that barely pay around 150k.

Why would I pay to get such.

My dream job is to work with NLNG or to work remotely with a US based marketing agency or tech support firm. You can never pay to get such jobs.

Though I understand people who pay to get useless ministry jobs.

They usually don't intend to go to work. They just get the job, receive monthly salaries and continue being ghost workers. So it's usually like an extra source of income thing for them.

24 Likes

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Edipet(m): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
Yes
Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Lamanii22(f): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
UnusualEmissary:

😂😂😂😂
Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by SmartyPants(m): 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2023
Osiki18:

My question is, can you pay to get your dream job? A job with good pay, good working environment, a nice ride, vacation and probably a great apartment.

Will your faith, conscience or family background hinder you from paying to get the job?
And as an employer, what would make you tell potential employees to pay in order to secure their spot?

I can pay. As long as I'm qualified, the criminal here is the person who demands that I pay to get the job.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Akfrenzy(m): 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2023
grin YES and after that , I'll be FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT like Average Nigerian government workers 😆😆😆😆😆😆

2 Likes

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by sleek214(m): 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2023
Silly question.
Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by owiko(m): 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2023
Paying heavily to get a dream job is almost like a norm now,(except for people that have someone that knows somebody).

3 Likes

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by nikz(f): 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2023
Yes oh

1 Like

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by UcheKingsley1: 12:53pm On Aug 08, 2023
Provided is from a reliable source, anything for career growth is welcomed.

Put your business on Google first page.
* Google ads
* Google business ranking
* website traffic ranking
* Blog traffic ranking
* Marketplace/Online store traffic ranking
* Business on search engine results
* YouTube Video traffic ranking
Etc

I'm an SEO Expert.

1 Like

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by rajiedreez: 12:53pm On Aug 08, 2023
If it's a one off payment

1 Like

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by hspda: 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nope, the person that introduced me to the job didn't collect anything. Freely given

3 Likes

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by OLamylove: 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2023
No, That's Corruption

2 Likes

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Judolisco(m): 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2023
If it was before I would have said no, but if u knw d amount of people that have paid to get a job in Nigeria ehn...it starts from NYSC where people pay to get juicy states and PPA.... So for now I don't know oh... If I see sure plug I fit pay oh... Almost done with msc now, still no good job... Uber wey person dey manage.... Government increase fuel....

Dis country fit mad person

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Skyfornia(m): 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by JayDaily2: 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
rajiedreez:
If it's a one off payment

You can never tell.

Never put yourself under someone's mercy, humans can be ruthless. Most especially women.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Akfrenzy(m): 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
OLamylove:
No, That's Corruption

grin No it's not corruption , After some year's in service , try loot and embezzle some funds and join APC then your sins will surely be forgiven

5 Likes

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by BigDawsNet: 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nope... I tried to join the military or paramilitary in Nigeria but they decided to pick dia own people...

I will never pay to serve my country.. if I'm not worthy to serve my country... that's not a big deal

2 Likes

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Skyfornia(m): 1:00pm On Aug 08, 2023
From the time of the old.. everything has been trade by barter. Something must exchange hands

1 Like

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Error401: 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2023
Of course, yes, I can pay for it
Osiki18:

1 Like

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Skillsnigeria: 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2023
Hmmm, Job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Ademola47(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2023
Yes, since that's the reality of present-day Nigeria.

Not even paying to get the job alone, I can even pay to get juicy position/deployment after getting the job.

I once acted like a 'saint' some 2,3 years ago thinking it's bad. Now I'm literarily regretting it. Man can't afford to lose such again.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by Danidinho4: 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
Is there really a dream job in Nigeria as the case maybe?

Even Medical Doctor wants to work with NNPC.

Owo ni koko

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job? by GanagiBitrus: 1:16pm On Aug 08, 2023
Let's see.
If you have the opportunity to pay to get a job with NNPC. Will you pay?
LIKE =Yes
SHARE =No (it is Wrong. I am an upright citizen)

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Distributors And Resellers Wanted For NAFDAC Certified Packaged Foods / Difference Between Marketing Exec, Sales Rep, And Health/Medical Rep? / AB Micro Finance Bank Is Recruiting..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.