Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,400 members, 7,812,173 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Reece James Named Chelsea FC Captain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Reece James Named Chelsea FC Captain (292 Views)

Mikel Obi Named Chelsea’s Youngest Centurion Ahead Of Terry, Mount, Others / Chelsea Star, Reece James Reveals CCTV Of Thieves That Broke Into His Home / Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reece James Named Chelsea FC Captain by Kpeshi10(m): 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2023
Academy graduate Reece James has been named Chelsea's new captain following Cesar Azpilicueta's summer departure to Atletico Madrid.
WHAT HAPPENED? The defender fulfils a lifelong dream by taking on the armband having joined the Blues aged six. Now 23, James has been picked to replace former club captain Azpilicueta by new head coach Mauricio Pochettino, ahead of veteran centre-back Thiago Silva.

THE BIGGER PICTURE: Silva has captained Chelsea on multiple occasions in the past, but Pochettino has opted for James in a decision made alongside the club. Having been limited to just 24 appearances last season due to injury, the wing-back will hope to put his fitness issues behind him to fulfil the role to the best of his abilities.

WHAT THEY SAID?: Speaking to Chelsea's official website, James said: "I know I've got big shoes to fill because we have had huge captains here in the past, but I am excited. I have been at Chelsea pretty much my whole life. I started here when I was six and to come through the Academy is tough. But to go on and become captain, it's a great feeling for me and my family."

SOURCE
https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/reece-james-named-new-chelsea-captain-cesar-azpilicueta/blt02b51b8b74c6174a

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Share

Re: Reece James Named Chelsea FC Captain by Acekidc4(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2023
Why will you give James Captain when Thiago is there🤔🤨
Re: Reece James Named Chelsea FC Captain by Kpeshi10(m): 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2023
Acekidc4:
Why will you give James Captain when Thiago is there🤔🤨
Thiago Silva hardly plays 3-4 games straight, it’s good we picked Reece who will obviously be more present (w/o injuries) than Thiago. Beside RJ was always going to be a Chelsea Captain
Re: Reece James Named Chelsea FC Captain by nzebig: 6:09pm On Aug 09, 2023
I Hope 🤞 and prays 🙏 he makes a great leader and unites the players together

1 Like

Re: Reece James Named Chelsea FC Captain by kerchak(m): 6:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
I really thought it was going to be Thiago. Oh well, I'm sure Pochettino knows what he is doing.

1 Like

Re: Reece James Named Chelsea FC Captain by Kpeshi10(m): 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2023
kerchak:
I really thought it was going to be Thiago. Oh well, I'm sure Pochettino knows what he is doing.
Most matches Thiago played last season he was the captain when Azpi wasn’t on the pitch. Besides RJ will be here for a long time. It’s good that he became captain this early. Could be more motivation for him to stay fit
Re: Reece James Named Chelsea FC Captain by kerchak(m): 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
Yeah, let's see how it goes
Kpeshi10:

Most matches Thiago played last season he was the captain when Azpi wasn’t on the pitch. Besides RJ will be here for a long time. It’s good that he became captain this early. Could be more motivation for him to stay fit
Re: Reece James Named Chelsea FC Captain by Bahamas95(m): 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2023
Congratulations to him but he should try and avoid injuries. I hate it whenever I see him walking outta the pitch injured.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Your 2 Sure Odds Is Back! Payment After Winning / Who's In Control Of Champions League? Not Everyone Knows The Meaning Of UEFA / 49ja/bet9ja Sure Strategy Win �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.