Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

What Happens When We Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens When We Die? (657 Views)

There Is No Heaven Or Hell. This Is What Happens When We Die (Images & Videos) / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When We Die? by TheMadame(f): 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2023
Good day all members. I wonder what happens to human beings after death?
Is the judgment of God Almighty immediate? Do the dead depart to heaven or hell immediately or do the dead remain in the grave till an appointed date for judgment.
Please I would love response from more enlightened people.
Thanks in advance.
Re: What Happens When We Die? by confusedlady: 5:59pm On Aug 09, 2023
Read Hebrews 9.27.
The answer is there.
Re: What Happens When We Die? by illicit(m): 6:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
Rigor Morris will set in as sympathisers and family cry
Re: What Happens When We Die? by Caveatemptor(m): 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2023
Your body grows weak from age or sickness and you die. That is the end. You become fertiliser for plant life. No heaven! No hell!
Re: What Happens When We Die? by Emusan(m): 6:48pm On Aug 09, 2023
TheMadame:

Since you brought God into it then you must accept what God says that happened after death.

Is the judgment of God Almighty immediate?

Judgement as found in the scripture is of different type.

After death, the judgement of temporary place for the believers and unbelievers are established Heb 9:27

Do the dead depart to heaven or hell immediately or do the dead remain in the grave till an appointed date for judgment.

Bosom of Abraham for believers in heaven and hell fire for unbelievers.

Thanks in advance.

Hope it helps!
Re: What Happens When We Die? by TheMadame(f): 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2023
Emusan:

Since you brought God into it then you must accept what God says that happened after death.

Judgement as found in the scripture is of different type.

After death, the judgement of temporary place for the believers and unbelievers are established Heb 9:27

Bosom of Abraham for believers in heaven and hell fire for unbelievers.

Hope it helps!

Thank you sir, but is the judgement immediately? I heard some people saying that the dead will remain in the grave until an appointed judgement day for all. How true is this?
I hope my questions are not too much? I just want guidance and enlightenment.
Re: What Happens When We Die? by Emusan(m): 7:24pm On Aug 09, 2023
TheMadame:
Thank you sir, but is the judgement immediately?

That's why I said there are different categories of judgement as revealed in the scripture.

The first judgement is immediately, that is once a person died if the person is a believer in Christ straight to Abraham Bosom and if it's unbelievers then straight to Hell.

The second judgement is where both righteous and unrighteous will be resurrected to be judged finally. Acts 24:15. Where every deed will be made open to everyone.

After this the, the righteous will be judged at the judgement seat of Christ where everyone one will get their rewards like crown of life, crown of righteousness, Crown of glory e.t.c

I heard some people saying that the dead will remain in the grave until an appointed judgement day for all. How true is this?

Many unscriptural doctrines are flying everywhere today, so the best way to find out is to READ SCRIPTURE FOR YOURSELF, many versions are so easy to read and it won't take it much time. By this you will know if it's true or not.

I hope my questions are not too much?

Not at all, it's a pleasure discussing Bible with people without getting tired.

I just want guidance and enlightenment.

It's not bad but I believe you reading Bible especially New Testament about this topic will help so that you won't end up accepting wrong doctrines.

Some people who will say all dead end up in grave will tell you some verses where Jesus and people talk about Hell are FIGURATIVE and not to be taken as literal.

So that's why I advise you read it for yourself first and take note most important verses that address this topic.
Re: What Happens When We Die? by Maynman: 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2023
TheMadame:
Is the judgment of God Almighty immediate? Do the dead depart to heaven or hell immediately or do the dead remain in the grave till an appointed date for judgment.
Thanks in advance.
What if you wake up when you die?
Re: What Happens When We Die? by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2023
TheMadame:
Please I would love response from more enlightened people. Thanks in advance.
Which particular deity are you inquiring here of? Which Heaven/Hell? lipsrsealed

Technically when you die, nothing happens. You die and cease to exist there in your grave. undecided
Re: What Happens When We Die? by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2023
confusedlady:
Read Hebrews 9.27.
The answer is there.
Wrong, the answer provided there only applies to those of Hebrew descent as implied. undecided
Re: What Happens When We Die? by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Aug 09, 2023
TheMadame:
Thank you sir, but is the judgement immediately? I heard some people saying that the dead will remain in the grave until an appointed judgement day for all. How true is this?
I hope my questions are not too much? I just want guidance and enlightenment
You should go back and get information on the particular deity in that case. undecided
Re: What Happens When We Die? by confusedlady: 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wrong, the answer provided there only applies to those of Hebrew descent as implied. undecided

HERESY!!!
The passage is clear without any ambiguity. Stop this your blasphemy all over this section.

Hebrews 9.27 says

1 Like

Re: What Happens When We Die? by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
confusedlady:
HERESY!!! Hebrews 9.27 says[
Ignoring the fact that the contents of that letter is clearly addressed to only those of Hebrew descent is what is heretical in this. undecided
Re: What Happens When We Die? by TheMadame(f): 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You should go back and get information on the particular deity in that case. undecided

Are you saying you have not heard certain churches preaching this doctrine?
Re: What Happens When We Die? by confusedlady: 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Ignoring the fact that the contents of that letter is clearly addressed to only those of Hebrew descent is what is heretical in this. undecided

You take pleasure in preaching anarchy all over the place. I just pity any Christian that gets deceived by what you preach. So because the book is called HEBREWS, it means the message therein is addressed to only people of Hebrew descent?
Is that not heresy?

1 Like

Re: What Happens When We Die? by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
TheMadame:
■ Are you saying you have not heard certain churches preaching this doctrine?
If you are speaking of the Judgement to come as taught by Jesus Christ then I suggest you read Matthew 25, and John 5 vs 19 - 29 for more information on what Jesus Christ in fact said awaits those who are born-again. undecided

P.s. Only those who have the actual blood of Jacob coursing their veins are able to become born-again since the Kingdom of God was extended by God only to the Lost sheep of Israel.
Re: What Happens When We Die? by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Aug 09, 2023
confusedlady:
You take pleasure in preaching anarchy all over the place. I just pity any Christian that gets deceived by what you preach. So because the book is called HEBREWS, it means the message therein is addressed to only people of Hebrew descent?
Is that not heresy?
Again, the letter to the Hebrews was written to an audience ot Hebrew descent. This isn't rocket science. Even Jesus Christ made it known that He was set only to the Lost sheep of Israel --- Hebrews--- and no others. By your reasoning, Jesus Christ was clearly also a heretic, right? undecided
Re: What Happens When We Die? by confusedlady: 8:01pm On Aug 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, the letter to the Hebrews was written to an audience ot Hebrew descent. This isn't rocket science. Even Jesus Christ made it known that He was set only to the Lost sheep of Israel --- Hebrews--- and no others. By your reasoning, Jesus Christ was clearly also a heretic, right? undecided

So by this your reasoning we should read the titles of each book of the Bible before deciding which book applies to us. Is that not anarchy?
Okay "madam know it all" can you tell us which books in the Bible apply to Aficans?

1 Like

Re: What Happens When We Die? by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2023
confusedlady:
■ So by this your reasoning we should read the titles of each book of the Bible before deciding which book applies to us.
Okay "madam know it all" can you tell us which books in the Bible apply to Aficans?
All of the writings in the letter are centered around comparing the Law of Moses which applies only to those of Hebrew descent to the Gospel of Jesus Christ which Jesus Christ told you was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel. Since you ignore Jesus Christ and you equally ignore the direction of the contents of the letter, you mean it is equally too much to expect you to at least honor the fact that the letter was addressed only to an audience of Hebrew descent by it's owner? undecided

Where in your Bible did the God of Israel who boldly proclaimed that Israel(the people) is His only inheritance in the lane of men equally state that Africans are also His people? undecided
Re: What Happens When We Die? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:09pm On Aug 09, 2023
TheMadame:

Please I would love response from more enlightened people. Thanks in advance.
We came and discovered that humans do grow old, become weak and sickly then die so that's the situation we found ourselves both the good, bad and ugly. We also discovered that people all around the world believe in the existence of God/Gods and through the mouth of the adherents of these Gods we have heard so much about the world beyond.
So your question:

What Happens When We (humans) Die?

Should be a matter of concern for all right thinking humans that's why we need to ask the adherents of different Gods what their Gods are saying about the dead.

I became a worshiper of the Abrahamic God after considering what He said about the dead and i will like to share it with you:

The God of Abraham claims He is the Creator of all things only those worshiping Him in line with His instructions are considered as RIGHTEOUS so this is His promises regarding such ones:

"O that in the Grave you would conceal me, That you would hide me until your anger passes by, That you would set a time limit for me and remember me! If a man dies, can he live again? I will wait all the days of my compulsory service Until my relief comes. You will call, and I will answer you. You will long for the work of your hands" Job 14:13-15

The above is what one of those considered as RIGHTEOUS among His worshipers say, this means the God of Abraham has a special day when He will bring back His loyal worshipers to life so that they can live forever on this planet! Psalms 37:9-11; 29

But what about sincere and honest hearted worshipers of other Gods who had no knowledge about the God of Abraham?
Well such ones surely will live a conscientious life but since they're not His worshipers He will also bring them back for living by their God's given conscience! Romans 1:20

Yet many people are WICKED and they don't care about conscience so since they have nothing good at heart He said there's no need bringing them back to life therefore they're gone for good! Psalms 9:17

So all humans that have died are in their graves for now {Ecclesiastes 9:5-10} with the exception a limited number who has been chosen for a special assignment! smiley
Re: What Happens When We Die? by confusedlady: 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
All of the writings in the letter are centered around comparing the Law of Moses which applies only to those of Hebrew descent to the Gospel of Jesus Christ which Jesus Christ told you was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel. Since you ignore Jesus Christ and you equally ignore the direction of the contents of the letter, you mean it is equally too much to expect you to at least honor the fact that the letter was addressed only to an audience of Hebrew descent by it's owner? undecided

Where in your Bible did the God of Israel who boldly proclaimed that Israel(the people) is His only inheritance in the lane of men equally state that Africans are also His people? undecided

So Africans are NOT among God's people? Africans have no inheritance from God and his son Jesus?
Continue preaching your heresy.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When We Die? by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
confusedlady:
■ So Africans are NOT among God's people? Africans have no inheritance from God and his son Jesus?
Continue preaching your heresy.
I asked you a question which you should be able to answer directly please. undecided

Where in your Bible did the God of Israel who boldly proclaimed that Israel(the people) is His only inheritance in the lane of men equally state that Africans are also His people? Where did He declare Himself God of African or God of Nigeria(the people)? undecided

It makes no sense that your belief condemns Jesus Christ a heretic, yet you think It makes sense to hide behind the mentions of his same name. lipsrsealed
Re: What Happens When We Die? by confusedlady: 8:17pm On Aug 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I asked you a question which you should be able to answer directly please. undecided

Where in your Bible did the God of Israel who boldly proclaimed that Israel(the people) is His only inheritance in the lane of men equally state that Africans are also His people? Where did He declare Himself God of African or God of Nigeria(the people)? undecided

Like I said,you are noted in this section for your blasphemy and weird doctrines. It is a complete waste of time trying to have a discussion with someone like you.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When We Die? by Kobojunkie: 8:19pm On Aug 09, 2023
confusedlady:
■ Like I said, you are noted in this section for your blasphemy and weird doctrines. It is a complete waste of time trying to have a discussion with someone like you.
Noted by others who equally believe Jesus Christ, who proclaimed that He was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel, was also a heretic? I am honored. That you think Jesus Christ's teachings are weird confirms you are most likely nothing but an audio-believer, with nothing of God's Truth in you. undecided
Re: What Happens When We Die? by TheMadame(f): 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

We came and discovered that humans do grow old, become weak and sickly then die so that's the situation we found ourselves both the good, bad and ugly. We also discovered that people all around the world believe in the existence of God/Gods and through the mouth of the adherents of these Gods we have heard so much about the world beyond.
So your question:

What Happens When We (humans) Die?

Should be a matter of concern for all right thinking humans that's why we need to ask the adherents of different Gods what their Gods are saying about the dead.

I became a worshiper of the Abrahamic God after considering what He said about the dead and i will like to share it with you:

The God of Abraham claims He is the Creator of all things only those worshiping Him in line with His instructions are considered as RIGHTEOUS so this is His promises regarding such ones:

"O that in the Grave you would conceal me, That you would hide me until your anger passes by, That you would set a time limit for me and remember me! If a man dies, can he live again? I will wait all the days of my compulsory service Until my relief comes. You will call, and I will answer you. You will long for the work of your hands" Job 14:13-15

The above is what one of those considered as RIGHTEOUS among His worshipers say, this means the God of Abraham has a special day when He will bring back His loyal worshipers to life so that they can live forever on this planet! Psalms 37:9-11; 29

But what about sincere and honest hearted worshipers of other Gods who had no knowledge about the God of Abraham?
Well such ones surely will live a conscientious life but since they're not His worshipers He will also bring them back for living by their God's given conscience! Romans 1:20

Yet many people are WICKED and they don't care about conscience so since they have nothing good at heart He said there's no need bringing them back to life therefore they're gone for good! Psalms 9:17

So all humans that have died are in their graves for now {Ecclesiastes 9:5-10} with the exception a limited number who has been chosen for a special assignment! smiley

Thanks.
This sounds reasonable and self explanatory.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When We Die? by Emusan(m): 8:48pm On Aug 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Stop lying which ONLY THOSE OF HEBREW DESCENT?

The content actually says "And as it is appointed UNTO MEN(plural)..."
Re: What Happens When We Die? by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
Emusan:
■ Stop lying which ONLY THOSE OF HEBREW DESCENT?

The content actually says "And as it is appointed UNTO MEN(plural)..."
LOL.... so, if I make it known from the start that my audience is specifically those of Hebrew descent, I am not able to refer to them as men? Stop wiggling around trying to twist the obvious. undecided
Re: What Happens When We Die? by Emusan(m): 8:54pm On Aug 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
LOL.... so, if I make it known from the start that my audience is specifically those of Hebrew descent, I am not able to refer to them as men?

The content of that verse isn't for ONLY HEBREW DESCENT, stop lying.

Stop wiggling around trying to twist the obvious. undecided

You're the one twisting the obvious here!
Re: What Happens When We Die? by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Aug 09, 2023
Emusan:
The content of that verse isn't for ONLY HEBREW DESCENT, stop lying.
You're the one twisting the obvious here!
*** Yawn***
Re: What Happens When We Die? by Emusan(m): 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
*** Yawn***

Better!!!
Re: What Happens When We Die? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:51am On Aug 10, 2023
TheMadame:

Thanks.
This sounds reasonable and self explanatory.
That's not mine but the understanding of all members of Jehovah's Witnesses globally.
I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses!
Re: What Happens When We Die? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:12am On Aug 10, 2023
TheMadame:
Thanks in advance.

No.

You go to the awaiting trial room called "sleeping" to await Court Day aka Judgment Day.

Ditto, Satan, Eve, Cain, Cain's grandson Lamech, the pre noah people and fallen angels have not been judged. All souls which have walked the earth David, Napoleon, Hitler, Saddam Hussein are all waiting trial.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You Sick Or Afflicted? / Make 10 Pounds In 5 Minutes, 50 Pounds Each Day Or More / Trusted And Profitable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.