Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

My Addiction (Episode 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Addiction (Episode 1) (464 Views)

'The Night Before I Killed Addiction' By Oche Joseph Otorkpa / Romantic Story : My Dirty Friend (18+) Episode 1 / Romantic Story : - My Boss (18+) Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Addiction (Episode 1) by Storymack: 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
"My goodness!" I gasped.

Who is that beauty? I asked myself.

I was in the lecture theater, incessantly waiting for the lecturer's arrival when my eyes caught a sight I wished I could behold forever.

Is couldn't believe my eyes, my jaw dropped Ajar.

This light skinned lady I saw was beauty in all it's perfection. Her hair was nicely braided, it was midnight black and just made her look astonishingly beautiful.

I saw her eyes, her enchanting Egyptian blue eyes. Fixed perfectly over her eyes were her crescent shaped eyebrows.

She smiled at her friend sitting beside her, her smile... my goodness! A set of luminous heavenly white teeth gleamed as she conversed with her friend.

She had this radiant genial smile, I was mesmerized by her very sight. I almost thought she was an angel, but she had no wings then I concluded that she must be a mermaid. I had never seen anyone that ravishing.l, not even in a movie.

I received a tap on my shoulder and I turned to see my close friend — Kelvin.

"Guy! I've been calling you but you keep ignoring me..." He grumbled.

I didn't take much notice of him, I shifted my gaze back to the captivating sight my eyes had seen, her beauty was intoxicating.

I had fallen deeply into a well of love and infatuation and I felt myself drowning.

But this was no infatuation... could it be love at first sight?

"David I'm talking to you..." I felt another tap on my shoulder, this time harder.

"The lecturer has arrived," He said slightly agitated.

"I'm sorry, don't be annoyed, please," I shrugged.

"Give me my note jare," Daniel said looking a bit upset.

His note and pen were in my bag, he hardly ever carried a bag to classes, that's if he even decides to attend classes.

We attended the same secondary school and I had always known him to be a troublesome as a mule.

He was among the noise makers and the most detested students. The girls loved him, not that he was very handsome, no. Kelvin was dark skinned just like me, he had a broad chin, bulgy eyes and he was slim and very tall.

So why did the girls like him? You may ask.

The girls wanted a real bad boy, a disruptive kid who would constantly piss off the teachers with his annoying jokes.

Myself on the other hand, I was very calm back in secondary school. I never considered myself handsome, whenever my reflection stared at me in the mirror I often felt disappointed.

Shockingly, I always got good comments on my looks and I had some really pretty girls swooning around me.

I was a very peaceful guy, but Kelvin... Kelvin was the exact opposite. Still, despite our contrasting characters, we seemed to get along so well. No doubt a theory in physics said; unlike or opposite charges attract and like charges repel.

Kelvin with an upset grin, dragged my bag from me and quickly brought out his lecture note. Instinctively, he followed my eyes and he finally realized what had grabbed all my attention.

"Wow!" He exclaimed, he appeared awestruck.

"So that's why you've been ignoring me... My goodness! She's drop dead gorgeous," he said loudly.

"Why haven't I taken notice of her all these while?" He was almost drooling.

"Exactly my thoughts," I responded.

Well, the students learning were quite much.

We were in hundred level, and all the departments under the medical sciences learnt together. We were always packed and despite how big the lecture theater was, it couldn't contain everyone. Some people would have to stand just to participate in the class.

Kelvin and I struggled just to get a seat at the back that day.

I was a student of Anatomy, while he was a student of Biochemistry, but we all had classes together. Just for the hundred level.

"Omo this girl is as pretty as a picture!" Kelvin exclaimed.

"Wait! Hold on bro... I saw her first," I said, I was getting uncomfortable with his many complements.

"You must be joking, it's not by who saw her first... Ogbeni that girl is mine already," He said smiling sheepishly.

"Guy you won't cease to amaze me, despite all the girls you have...you still want this one?"

"Bro this girl is exceptionally beautiful! I'll shoot my shot," he said rubbing his palms against each other with a dirty smirk on his face.

"Hmm!"

I heaved a sigh, I didn't really have any intention of making any move. Kelvin was a smooth criminal with the ladies, he had a large arsenal of words that could make a lady long after him in the twinkle of an eye.

I knew Kelvin very well. Once he says "that girl is mine," then he'll definitely get her.

I settled into my seat as the lecturer began his lecture. I barely heard what he said... maybe because we were at the far end of the class or maybe because I just wasn't listening. My mind was far away, I had journeyed beyond into my imaginations, all I found myself thinking of was the gorgeous lady in class.

I turned to where she was seated, but I could no more see her. A guy was now seated behind her and he obstructed my view.

Dāmn! I really need to talk to this girl, I thought to myself.

I was shocked when everyone began getting up from their seats, the class was over already? I was so lost in fantasy that I didn't even realize; a two hour class felt like two minutes to me.

For the first time since I entered the university, I paid absolutely no attention in class.

Kelvin was up already, signalling me that we have to get going.

"Omo bro I need to get that girl's number," I said swiftly.

He laughed.

"Guy I've told you that girl is mine," Kelvin said with a chuckle.

"Listen bro, I really like that girl, you have other ones just leave this one for me, please."

It sounded silly, how sure was I that she would even consider me.

"You know what..." Kelvin spoke.

"Just cuz we're really good friends, I'll let her be." He placed his hand on my shoulder and said softly, "try your luck."

"Thanks man," I said bringing him into a hand shake. Kelvin had been my good friend for some years, a true friend, we really understood each other.

"Okay, I need to get something to eat. Good luck with that girl." He said and started his way out of the lecture theater.

I turned around, my eyes searching all through but I couldn't find her. She must have left. I felt really devastated, where would I get to see her again.

"F*ck!" I cursed within myself.

Sluggishly, I carried myself out of the class and started my way home.

Just then, I saw her; I saw that angel again. My heart skipped a beat, goosebumps clouded my skin.

She walked gracefully and looked elegant under the smiling sun. I was about walking up to her when I noticed she was walking with another guy.

She had smiles all over her face, they were having a good chat and even though I barely knew her I felt a tingle of jealousy.

I looked closely at the guy, you have to be kidding me.

Alas! It was my very own friend; Kelvin.

TO Be Continued https://storymack.com.ng/my-addiction-episode-2/

(1) (Reply)

CBS Episode 4 Is Out!!! / Ongoing Admission To School Outside Nigeria / Evil Comedian Episode 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.