Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,401 members, 7,861,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:17 AM

If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? (582 Views)

Why Do Churches Still Speak In Tongues Despite Apostle Paul's Teaching / What Do Churches Use Tithe, Offerings, Vows, Etc, For? / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Nobody: 3:19am On Aug 13, 2023
" Knowest ye not that the Kingdom of Heaven is within thee?"

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Luke 17:21

Well, this is the new I sha. I am still not a Christain. But I believe I am now born again, and I have this new spirit within me that is the spirit of God, and this presupposes that the Kingdom of God is within me.

Learnt this from a book authored by Robert Collier, " the secret of the Ages". He made loads of references to the Bible and other books, and I had to do some research. I recalled Bishop David Oyedepo had mentioned something like this before now in some of his older books I read that didn't mean so much to me at that time.

It was like I was reading a novel for the sake of knowledge and nothing more. But looking back, I can't help but ask.

But wait fess. This matter nor clear abeg!

If this kingdom dey inside me, why many churches come still dey preach about one kingdom wen dem dey package us to go after our time on earth?

Jehovah's Witnesses say that is no resurrection after death. We simply die, and that is it. I have read loads of materials authored by them, and they are the only sect of preachers that do discuss the Bible with you like you are in a class. I give that to them.

They were the first sect of believers that made the Bible an interesting book to me. Well! That is about that. Now back to my story.

So, what do you think?

If there is already a kingdom within us that has guaranteed us all we need on earth if we are able to look inwards, why do churches and religion teach us to look outside of us for a kingdom that is to come?

I am just a young bible student who needs some Biblical education.

Shalom.
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Image123(m): 3:33am On Aug 13, 2023
i'll get back to this. Make i no forget. cheesy
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Kobojunkie: 4:40am On Aug 13, 2023
litigator:
... Luke 17:21....But wait fess. This matter nor clear abeg!
If this kingdom dey inside me, why many churches come still dey preach about one kingdom wen dem dey package us to go after our time on earth? ...Now back to my story.

So, what do you think?
If there is already a kingdom within us that has guaranteed us all we need on earth if we are able to look inwards, why do churches and religion teach us to look outside of us for a kingdom that is to come?

I am just a young bible student who needs some Biblical education. Shalom.
Una go just pick one verse from here and from there come build skyscraper on top am all while completely ignoring the contextual meaning intended by the one who said it or the author. Na Wa for the religion of Christianity. undecided

If you paid attention to the passage you pulled that from, you would note that Jesus Christ instead instead that to stop those who are born-again from running here and there trying to get God's attention because by virtue of being born-again, they are become citizens of the Kingdom of God and His presence is with them wherever they may be. Basically, your church attendance rituals are meaningless because where a born-again is, God can be accessed so long as he or she lives his life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Nobody: 4:53am On Aug 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Una go just pick one verse from here and from there come build skyscraper on top am all while completely ignoring the contextual meaning intended by the one who said it or the author. Na Wa for the religion of Christianity. undecided

If you paid attention to the passage you pulled that from, you would note that Jesus Christ instead instead that to stop those who are born-again from running here and there trying to get God's attention because by virtue of being born-again, they are become citizens of the Kingdom of God and His presence is with them wherever they may be. Basically, your church attendance rituals are meaningless because where a born-again is, God can be accessed so long as he or she lives his life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

First, I am not a Christain. Second, you can teach the bible or educate my ignorance without condescending. I learnt from your submission, regardless.

Thanks a million. It kinda resonates with Robert Collier's and Florence Scovin Shinn's positions. And also, Kenneth E. Haggin spoke concerning your last paragraph in his book " I Believe in Vision".

My understanding of your submission is that churchianities, indoctrination and religiosities are way different from actually being born again.

Now, my question is; do you by any chance mean that one can maintain his/her new found faith in the Bible without necessarily submitting to the politics and psychological use of churchianities, indoctrination and religiosities?

Nagode.
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Kobojunkie: 5:07am On Aug 13, 2023
litigator:
First, I am not a Christain. Second, you can teach the bible or educate my ignorance without condescending. I learnt from your submission, regardless. Thanks a million. It kinda resonates with Robert Collier's and Florence Scovin Shinn's positions. And also, Kenneth E. Haggin spoke concerning your last paragraph in his book " I Believe in Vision".
My understanding of your submission is that churchianities, indoctrination and religiosities are way different from actually being born again.
■ Now, my question is; do you by any chance mean that one can maintain his/her new found faith in the Bible without necessarily submitting to the politics and psychological use of churchianities, indoctrination and religiosities?

Nagode
1. Absolutely nothing to do with God! undecided

2. Nothing of the politics of religion is connected to God. It is impossible to find God in any such things because God warned vehemently against the religion of men. In fact the religion of Judaism is at the core of why God eventually cursed and scattered Israel in your Bible. undecided
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Nobody: 5:11am On Aug 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Absolutely nothing to do with God! undecided

2. Nothing of the politics of religion is connected to God. It is impossible to find God in any such things because God warned the religion of men. undecided

I just saw this now. Thanks a million. But if one must attend church like I hope to begin today, how do we reconcile attending church with your question?

Apologies if my questions sound foolish. It's better to act a fool and gain knowledge than assume you know and remain foolish.
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Kobojunkie: 5:13am On Aug 13, 2023
litigator:
■ I just saw this now. Thanks a million. But if one must attend church like I hope to begin today, how do we reconcile attending church with your question?

Apologies if my questions sound foolish. It's better to act a fool and gain knowledge than assume you know and remain foolish.
1. Who told you you must attend church? Certainly, not God. So, I am not sure why you must attend church. You created this thread by pointing to a verse that clearly informs you that you do not need to go here or there to access God. So why then must you attend your churches abeg? undecided
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Who told you you must attend church? Certainly, not God. So, I am not sure why you must attend church. You created this thread by pointing to a verse that clearly informs you that you do not need to go here or there to access God. So why then must you attend your churches abeg? undecided

Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God. Never forget the gathering of the saints.

It's purely virtual for now, sha. I have internet grin grin grin
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by paxonel(m): 5:23am On Aug 13, 2023
churches are simply greedy, that's the best way to describe them.

They want what is not possible.
They are like some greedy flocks who demanded that Jesus should show them a sign from heaven and Jesus will tell them, the only sign felt for wicked and adulterous generation like you is the sign of Jonah
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Exmilitant(m): 5:26am On Aug 13, 2023
Live a life free from attachment and you will understand.
All other religions apart from Christianity and Islam understand this sacred secret.
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Kobojunkie: 5:49am On Aug 13, 2023
litigator:
■ Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God. Never forget the gathering of the saints.

Recall what I said earlier...
Kobojunkie:
You completely ignored the contextual message intended by the writer of that verse you half quoted all so you can apply your own meaning and idea instead, why? undecided

Again, God of Scripture no send you message so your religion is your own. undecided
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by paxonel(m): 5:53am On Aug 13, 2023
litigator:

Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God. Never forget the gathering of the saints.

like you have tried to point out, a scripture says do not forsske the gathering of the brethren. So it is very important to attend church for the purpose of knowledge.

But when the church begins to exploit your ignorance of the kingdom that it is within you and not beyond the clouds, and begins to make wealth from the giving you are giving them because you want to make heaven thereby making you look stupid. Then common sense demands that you have to reconsider your stand and let them know that you are aware that this heaven race is not a race, that you have that heaven already.

It is right inside you, therefore there is no point of all the church wahalla if they can't use it to help the needy
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 13, 2023
paxonel:
churches are simply greedy, that's the best way to describe them.

They want what is not possible.
They are like some greedy flocks who demanded that Jesus should show them a sign from heaven and Jesus will tell them, the only sign felt for wicked and adulterous generation like you is the sign of Jonah

You have confused me finish patapata abeg explain.

Ejoor
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 13, 2023
paxonel:
like you have tried to point out, a scripture says do not forsske the gathering of the brethren. So it is very important to attend church for the purpose of knowledge.

But when the church begins to exploit your ignorance of the kingdom that it is within you and not beyond the clouds, and begins to make wealth from the giving you are giving them because you want to make heaven thereby making you look stupid. Then common sense demands that you have to reconsider your stand and let them know that you are aware that this heaven race is not a race, that you have that heaven already.

It is right inside you, therefore there is no point of all the church wahalla if they can't use it to help the needy

You finish work. You just said what I needed to hear. Go to church for the purpose of knowledge and fellowship. But use your head, cos you don't even know if your pastor is real or a wolf in sheep's clothing.

But they will all preach the Bible. So take what is useful and edifying and leave the rest for them.

Thanks for this. I appreciate you.

1 Like

Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2023
Let me contribute from my learnings.

There are two main things involved:
• The Kingdom Of God
• The Age To Come (New Heaven and Earth)

Note: I fully acknowledge that there are many wrong doctrines flying around.
2. I won't be quoting scriptures directly cos I'm not too good at it but if there's a problem, inform me.

The Kingdom Of God is Righteousness, Peace and Joy.
These are some of the basic things that Children of God ought to posses during their stay on earth.
These things are fruits of the Holy Spirit and a Christian is meant to build his/her relationship with God until he/she attains these (and more).
Now we are made of Body, Soul and Spirit. We ought to work against the desires of the flesh (Body) in order to make it to be Righteous — sinless. The Lord will spontaneously cause your Soul to find Peace and rest in Him. In this whole process, you've shifted your leanings from the earthly things onto the things of the Spirit — God's Things, so it's inevitable that you'll experience Joy in your Spirit-Man. You'll be happy in Christ.

The Age To Come is, as the name implies, a time that is coming where there will be a New Heaven and a New Earth.
Both will be of God, so we should expect it to be filled with HIS Kingdom (aka Righteousness, Peace and Joy)
This is the period where God's people will be perfected and enthroned as Kings and Queens over the new nations of the Earth (just like the Judges — not just normal kings — in the old testament).
We'll be Kings and Priests unto God. That's, we'll be their rulers and the their pastor, ruling according to God's plans and indoctrinating people accordingly.
All this will happen after a resurrection because obviously, the likes of Paul will need to have his kingdom too...
I don't think I can say much about the ruling structure, but basically, once the time is up, the people of God will 'rule and reign with Christ'.

Obviously both look similar, but the Kingdom Of God (Righteousness, Peace and Joy) starts in this present age and extends unto the Age To Come.
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Image123(m): 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
litigator:

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Luke 17:21

Well, this is the new I sha. I am still not a Christain. But I believe I am now born again, and I have this new spirit within me that is the spirit of God, and this presupposes that the Kingdom of God is within me.

Learnt this from a book authored by Robert Collier, " the secret of the Ages". He made loads of references to the Bible and other books, and I had to do some research. I recalled Bishop David Oyedepo had mentioned something like this before now in some of his older books I read that didn't mean so much to me at that time.

It was like I was reading a novel for the sake of knowledge and nothing more. But looking back, I can't help but ask.

But wait fess. This matter nor clear abeg!

If this kingdom dey inside me, why many churches come still dey preach about one kingdom wen dem dey package us to go after our time on earth?

Jehovah's Witnesses say that is no resurrection after death. We simply die, and that is it. I have read loads of materials authored by them, and they are the only sect of preachers that do discuss the Bible with you like you are in a class. I give that to them.

They were the first sect of believers that made the Bible an interesting book to me. Well! That is about that. Now back to my story.

So, what do you think?

Shalom.

Context is key. Jesus was talking to a people who eternally placed their hopes in the future when the 'Messiah" will come, and did/do almost nothing but routine till then. Jesus told them, get up and work, don't keep waiting till kingdom come.

Luk 17:20  And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 
Luk 17:21  Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. 

BTW, you cannot be born again and not be a follower of Jesus Christ(Christian). If any man be IN Christ, he is born again.

The famous Lord's prayer teaches us to pray for God's kingdom to come.
Mat_6:10  Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

So evidently, there is a kingdom to come that wasn't there at the time of the disciples. Nonetheless, we as followers of the King of the kingdom can receive some dose of the powers of the world/kingdom to come.

Heb_6:5  And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

So quit waiting on fate and on the kingdom to come without doing anything, the kingdom is right there. We are not just going to be saints in Heaven, we can be saints right here. We can have God's presence, power and glory right here in good dosage.
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2023
The obsolete English used in the translation of your copy of the scriptures is what you need to update.

Today that verse will be rendered this way:

‘For look! the Kingdom of God is in your midst." Luke 17:21

Jesus is saying God's Kingdom is already in their gathering in a figurative sense since he who will teach them how to get there is right in their midst! Zechariah 9:9
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:32pm On Aug 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
The obsolete English used in the translation of your copy of the scriptures is what you need to update.

Jesus is saying God's Kingdom is already in their gathering in a figurative sense since he who will teach them how to get there is right in their midst! Zechariah 9:9

See jw twisting!
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:35pm On Aug 16, 2023
litigator:

Shalom.

You have said the difference. One is what you need "on earth"

The second one, is what you need for eternal good life!
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:40pm On Aug 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See jw twisting!
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the mad drug fed failure who is olosho mother rejected and threw in the dustbin. Your madness is obviously working. Useless universal failure. Gray haired at 30, died at at 30 and 2 months.
Please i'm not your type that's uncultured let the OP respond!
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Nobody: 4:47am On Aug 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I actually agree with the person that says this your translation is twisted...

We should all be knowledgeable enough to understand King James Version and use it as the basis for understanding other translations.
Why? Because it was one of the earliest translations (there was more of that direct relationship between it and the original Bible languages, not now that people are translating King James, instead of translating the original Bible languages)
There was also Tyndale's work, which helped prove at that time that the King James Version was very correct
(Tyndale translated first before King James' scholars, both looked very similar, which proves that they were genuine at the time).

From the King James, Jesus is seen asking a question (which could be understood almost very easily)
Your translation translates that question into a statement which ends up having a totally different meaning.
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:52am On Aug 17, 2023
preciousee17:

I actually agree with the person that says this your translation is twisted.

What is the goal of TRANSLATORS? smiley

When Jesus walked the earth that's exactly the same thing all the Jewish rabbis said about him:
"He is twisting God's word" John 9:24
But then only Jesus was able to organize his disciples and make them do the work of God zealously, faithfully and industriously.
So if you think our translation is twisted then try to agree among yourselves not only when arguing {1Timothy 6:4} but get to work {James 2:18} and prove you people understand Jesus by doing the work he assigned to his disciples {Matthew 10:11-13} and start making disciples {Matthew 28:19} who are peace loving people as expected of Christ's followers! Luke 6:27-28 compare to Isaiah 2:4

That's what proves you people truly understood what you're reading not just arguing fruitlessly! Matthew 7:16-18
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

What is the goal of TRANSLATORS? smiley

When Jesus walked the earth that's exactly the same thing all the Jewish rabbis said about him:
"He is twisting God's word" John 9:24
But then only Jesus was able to organize his disciples and make them do the work of God zealously, faithfully and industriously.
So if you think our translation is twisted then try to agree among yourselves not only when arguing {1Timothy 6:4} but get to work {James 2:18} and prove you people understand Jesus by doing the work he assigned to his disciples {Matthew 10:11-13} and start making disciples {Matthew 28:19} who are peace loving people as expected of Christ's followers! Luke 6:27-28 compare to Isaiah 2:4

That's what proves you people truly understood what you're reading not just arguing fruitlessly! Matthew 7:16-18

1. Even the same words that Jesus said, we look at it now and see the references in the Old Testament and we agree that what Jesus said was in line.

2. Even all the Judges that Jesus was brought before on grounds of Twisting God's Word — Blasphemy (not twisting translation as I say you're doing), all those judges couldn't find fault. Why? Because he didn't actually twist any translation or blaspheme (in the eyes of the normal judge)

3. The Bible makes us understand that there's a curse that covers the heart of people so they won't understand the Laws of Moses (Why do you think the Old Testament gives new readers a very hard time)... Even scholars have come to agree that the Old Testament was written in an unfriendly language, while the new Testament was written in a friendlier language.
The point is, the people didn't really understand the Old Testament so what Jesus said countered their previous knowledge. But you're using that point to defend your retranslation of the New Testament (meanwhile no one ever argued that the Apostles had Twisted Jesus' Words).
Only Jesus' Parables needed untwisting...

As for your point on actions, not words... I believe that not only your organization are doing it, but even other Churches and non-christian religions... How do you think my Church found me?
All these hype because JW has a huge fanbase may quickly escalate into huge punishment because the fans were wrongly indoctrinated... Remember the Pharisees with their huge fanbase managed to prosecute the true Messiah and even his disciples, the size doesn't confirm the authenticity.
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:31am On Aug 17, 2023
preciousee17:

Because he didn't actually twist any translation or blaspheme (in the eyes of the normal judge)

That's exactly what you should think about!

All the judges in Judea agreed that Jesus is guilty of twisting God's word so he deserves to die {Matthew 26:65-66} these are people who are KNOWLEDGEABLE in the scriptures!

So what could make a normal judge differ from these Jews?

Well any normal judge will ask:
What is the will of their God who authored the scriptures they're contesting?

Only Jesus was able to organize his disciples so that they're going about preaching zealously and industriously teaching {James 2:18} in all their neighbourhood to fulfil what their God foretold in the scriptures {Isaiah 2:2-4 and Zephaniah 3:9} all other Jewish schools of thought were racists fighting and killing one another for political reasons so they can't preach nor teach to make peace loving worshipers as their God foretold! Micah 4:1-3

That's how to figure out a normal judge! smiley

preciousee17:

As for your point on actions, not words... I believe that not only your organization are doing it, but even other Churches and non-christian religions... How do you think my Church found me?

All religions are fetching for members to increase their number but the purpose of such a religion is to gain relevance so Satan who is the ruler of this world {John 14:30; 2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19} is recruiting his agents right in the midst of all the false religions so that their members can be used to forward political ambitions.
But only Jesus' true disciples (Jehovah's Witnesses) can't be recruited to support Satan's system of government that's what Jesus meant when he said:

When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say: “Come!” Another came out, a fiery-colored horse, and it was granted to the one seated on it to take peace away from the earth so that they should slaughter one another, and he was given a great sword! Revelations 6:3-4

So my friend, i'm not disputing the fact that all other religions are fetching for members but by their fruits we will distinguish between the God's children and Satan's agents! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:38am On Aug 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Please i'm not your type that's uncultured let the OP respond!

Yet you unculturedly mixed my post from 2 threads with the one not even directed at you. That is not what a cultured person would have done.
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:55am On Aug 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Yet you unculturedly mixed my post from 2 threads with the one not even directed at you. That is not what a cultured person would have done.

To show you the type of person you are which is totally unchristian from the viewpoints of the Author of the Bible:

“But I say to you who are listening: Continue to love your enemies, to do good to those hating you, to bless those cursing you, to pray for those who are insulting you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also; and from him who takes away your outer garment, do not withhold the inner garment either. Give to everyone asking you, and from the one taking your things away, do not ask them back" Luke 6:27-30

If you disregard the speaker above then i have nothing to discuss with you!
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

To show you the type of person you are which is totally unchristian from the viewpoints of the Author of the Bible:

“But I say to you who are listening: Continue to love your enemies, to do good to those hating you, to bless those cursing you, to pray for those who are insulting you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also; and from him who takes away your outer garment, do not withhold the inner garment either. Give to everyone asking you, and from the one taking your things away, do not ask them back" Luke 6:27-30

If you disregard the speaker above then i have nothing to discuss with you!

I don't disagree i just know that the Author of the bible also Said "There is a time to kill" and that The Lord Commanded that

Leviticus 24:16
He who blasphemes the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall certainly stone him: the foreigner as well as the native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.

So if you truly loved God, you would have joined me in stoning him. Res ipsa loquitor.
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

All the judges in Judea agreed that Jesus is guilty of twisting God's word so he deserves to die {Matthew 26:65-66} these are people who are KNOWLEDGEABLE in the scriptures!

Only Jesus was able to organize his disciples so that they're going about preaching zealously and industriously teaching {James 2:18} in all their neighbourhood to fulfil what their God foretold in the scriptures {Isaiah 2:2-4 and Zephaniah 3:9} all other Jewish schools of thought were racists fighting and killing one another for political reasons so they can't preach nor teach to make peace loving worshipers as their God foretold! Micah 4:1-3

All religions are fetching for members to increase their number but the purpose of such a religion is to gain relevance so Satan who is the ruler of this world {John 14:30; 2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19} is recruiting his agents right in the midst of all the false religions so that their members can be used to forward political ambitions.
But only Jesus' true disciples (Jehovah's Witnesses) can't be recruited to support Satan's system of government that's what Jesus meant when he said:

When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say: “Come!” Another came out, a fiery-colored horse, and it was granted to the one seated on it to take peace away from the earth so that they should slaughter one another, and he was given a great sword! Revelations 6:3-4

So my friend, i'm not disputing the fact that all other religions are fetching for members but by their fruits we will distinguish between the God's children and Satan's agents! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley

You're deviating from everything and wrongly chasing one line of my point.

You mistranslated the Bible.
The normal judge I meant was Caiaphas and the other guy that Caiaphas referred Jesus to, not the Pharisees.
Then 2. Check the fruits of my Church Members (God's lighthouse)... Ask your people in Uyo...

The only difference here is your mistranslation, not all these random points that seem special for you.

Let's stop beating about the bush

Can you use scriptures to prove your translation?
If I drop my scriptures, will you run and avoid them?
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2023
preciousee17:

You're deviating from everything and wrongly chasing one line of my point.
You mistranslated the Bible.
The normal judge I meant was Caiaphas and the other guy that Caiaphas referred Jesus to, not the Pharisees.
Then 2. Check the fruits of my Church Members (God's lighthouse)... Ask your people in Uyo...
The only difference here is your mistranslation, not all these random points that seem special for you.
Let's stop beating about the bush
Can you use scriptures to prove your translation?
If I drop my scriptures, will you run and avoid them?

It will result in fruitless arguments since you'll stick to what your church teach you but if you want to talk about the activities of true disciples of Christ and the fruit expected of them count me in!
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

See it here, the problem is when you think someone doesn't believe what you're saying because it's JW doctrines... Or maybe you think I don't support you at all and I believe something very far and different.

If you check, you'll see what I replied to the OP
You'll also see that I didn't really condemn you at all, I only support the condemnation of mistranslation of the Bible

Mind you, my Church didn't reach out to me through evangelism or something...
I heard the teachings from the Church and it struck me as authentic, that's when I ran after the Church. We aren't pentecostal or celestial or any of those classifications, we're almost like you all, standing individually and we operate on things gotten from many places collectively, that's why you'll tend to see us share similarities with others...

For instance, we pray and speak in tongues like Mountain Of Fire
We are determined to unveil every truth in the Bible just like JW
We are keen on proper dressing just like Deeper Life and so on...
But we try our best not to pickup any bad character from any church.

All your talk on putting words to actions, you should have seen that we first of all live by faith, not works or size... TB Joshua's Church has done the most massive givings, Winners are the largest I'm size, Deeper Life has the most holy-looking souls... And so on... True Islams easily do everything and appear righteous (on the outside) that doesn't mean they'll make it to 'Paradise' so I would rather not use that as a basis for boasting (even when I know my Church members always stand out spiritually wherever they appear)

Then I made it clear that I'm only after the truth and no one forced me to criticize anything because it comes from JW...
The first time I saw JW as something else was in my JSS3 when a member in my class told the class that there was no hell... I didn't really care much about any other thing she said but I had to step in and defend myself because I had sufficient proof that there's a hell. Not just JW, any other Church that disperses gibberish...like a brother that said pastors aren't meant to plant. The same brother said that birthdays are evil and till today, I can't argue against him cos I'm not sure yet.

So let's leave all these exaltation of Churches or whatever you call JW Gatherings and focus on proving that your message is genuine. It's not the Church I argue against, just the message.
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It will result in fruitless arguments since you'll stick to what your church teach you but if you want to talk about the activities of true disciples of Christ and the fruit expected of them count me in!

Haha... I just finished dropping a message about Church and this argument.

Have I ever said, "My pastor said..." whenever I'm dropping the meaning of a scripture (that's my own explanation of a scripture)... Rather you're the one who is spreading strictly JW interpretations for scriptures and proclaiming your Church so we can be sure...

I remember where I just listed multiple scriptures and you ran, meanwhile I just explained straightforward, without twist and i asked you to counter anyone.
You ended up defining a word, I did copy and paste definition and you ran all all.

I attended a church that teaches people how to read the Bible, not just how to listen so I can proudly say that no one will have an easy time convincing me to accept something false from the same Bible.
Re: If The Kingdom Of God Is Within Me, Which Other Heaven Do Churches Preach? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
preciousee17:

focus on proving that your message is genuine. It's not the Church I argue against, just the message.

So what is the THEME of your MESSAGE? smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

”let The GAYS Breathe. LGBTQ Community Is Not A Threat To The Nation”- Pastor / Pls Advise Me, I Don't Wan't To Make A Mistake That Would Affect My Career. / I Bet We Can Find 1000 Prayers From You That Will Change Nigeria-s0 Please Drop Your Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.