Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Midlife Crises.. Help! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Midlife Crises.. Help! (267 Views)

4 Keys To Winning The Midlife Career Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Midlife Crises.. Help! by Cloggym(m): 11:58am On Aug 14, 2023
I’m a single, young and healthy man of 29 with no underlying health issues living in the east.

I graduated in 2014, with a second class upper degree. After my nysc , I tried to get into a graduate program in Nigeria cos that’s was the only thing I could apply to as my course of study isn’t really a professional one and thus not very profitable in our country.
All my efforts got no results. With my little nysc savings , I made several trips to Lagos, delta and ph for job aptitude tests and interviews but none worked out.
As a brilliant and smart person , I searched for teaching jobs in my state but couldn’t get any.

In 2017, While giving up on job searching, I attempted going for a direct entry for a second degree but I was cut off by a few marks.

Mid 2018, I was frustrated and didn’t know what to do. I started a Masters degree program, trying to further in my field with the hope of securing a lecturing job after I’m done.

While on it, i was self sponsoring myself. i was struggling to meet up with bills and payments in Sch so it was difficult for me.

I got interested in scam and was introduced by a relative. I wouldn’t say I have made so much but I’ve been a millionaire since 24, till date.
I’ve got a Camry muscle 011
A piece of land in a developing area in my city.
A Korope bus.
I live in a comfortable apartment.
Currently my closing Bank account balance is N2.6m.

I still don’t consider myself successful because most times I’m always sad because I’m not stable and can’t start a family despite all these. The problem now is that this isn’t a way of life to be proud of and I want to stop. I fear I might exhaust all I have. I do not even touch my laptop to work anymore cos I’m sad and unhappy. And pls I haven’t done any rituals of any sort.

Please, how do i pick up my life back and have a purpose? All day I sit at home doing nothing.

I am comfortable putting this out here cos here is a faceless forum and also, I won’t sink in all the opinions here but I’ could pick up a few things.
Re: Midlife Crises.. Help! by Wodu89: 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
You've made a discovery of your condition. This is the first step of your recovery. Your moment of realization is your moment of redemption.

As people comment on this thread however much the comments maybe, I need you to grab a pen and get a big journal and begin to write all the slaient points you'll get from people. This is my own contribution to the solution.

More importantly,do not defraud, do not steal, retrace yourself and find God, God is the source of true peace, Him and Him only can guarantee lasting peace and achievement.

You should also learn that contentment inspite of the things you desire but lack. Your mental focus needs to be shifted from what you don't have, so you enjoy your peace of mind in the midst of your unfulfilled aspirations

Good Luck
Re: Midlife Crises.. Help! by solacong: 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
There is no peace for the wicked they say, you are into scam . imagine how many families you have caused pain, many may have committed suicide because they are unable to recover from your scamming activities.

The major problem now is you are living above your means, you have climbed against gravity without the means of sustaining your height

You mentioned you have a korope, that is all another person has and he is very happy to wake up everyday to hussle with it.

You also have 2.6m, go look for a business, start a new life you can also get another korepe while go learn a skill.

May God forgive you and lead in the path of Life
Re: Midlife Crises.. Help! by Sarang(f): 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
I'm gonna try as much as possible not to be judgemental even though I abhor scam with everything in me.

Get a skill in tech since you already work with computer
Give someone your bus to bring daily income
Use your car for uber or give it out as well
Go back and complete your masters
You have enough now so stop hurting and stealing from others.
Re: Midlife Crises.. Help! by AfonjaConehead: 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
You have nothing o....you have to give away everything you got from that scam life....
Re: Midlife Crises.. Help! by Herkim(m): 2:40am On Aug 18, 2023
Vanity upon vanity, try as much as possible to amend to your way of life. Scamming other people is not the best way to make it life.

You are a graduate, try other meaningful thing and legitimate means to engage in.

Don't be part of lazy Nigerian youths former president buhari talked about.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

How To Maintain And Stay Bloging / World Class And Practical Intensive Pest Control & Fumigation Training In Lagos. / World Class Fumigation And Pest Control Training In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.