Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. (56895 Views)

Swiss Woman Married To Anambra Guy, Compares Nigeria To Zurich- Pics / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Regex: 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
Here we go again. That time of the year.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by EmmaLege: 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
Praxis758:
She lied about the internet and house rent.

An average internet per month cost $50

House rent is $1300 per month on the average

California has a high rent and mortgage rate.

Someone who hasn’t left MMIA will be analyzing cost of living in another country

I swear that house rent own na big lie. That amount na per month for some places 🤣
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Brendaniel: 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
Draslo:
I hate it when Nigerians go to the US or UK, go online and begin to do comparison. Nigerians dey Germany, Italy, Ireland, Russia, Philippines, Mexico, Brazil, China....you will never see them online complaining or comparing. Instead, they will post pictures of how it was and how it's going.

Thunder strike the forces that continue to ensure Nigeria gets worse daily. It's not about who the president is. If it was, no sensible person will pick Buhari over BAT. Nigerian leaders are only celebrated in hindsight. Even here on Nairaland, ardent Buhari haters have been praising him since June. There are forces that are killing this nation and those forces are bigger than any one person, be him a president or a local government chairman. No matter what you do, a house with a shitty foundation will never give you peace of mind.
I just read on another thread that Djibouti has a higher minimum wage than Nigeria. That really pained me.

And who brought Buhari to power and supported him twice? Are we really dealing with human beings here?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by mukthar2000(m): 5:53pm On Aug 16, 2023
Imaging this ingratiate human being, can't you just thank God for ur situation, and why can't you stay back in Niger here to let us both face this present hardship, pls if u can't stay in State u can come back home pls and stop all this ur heartbroken analysis.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by MrPOTUS: 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2023
nwakibie3:

That $45 is someone's two hour wage in the US, menial job ooo; can you make such amount in Nigeria doing same job in two hours?

If our currency was strong, you won't ask this question. And that fool won't write such foolish comparison.

Let her come back to Nigeria if she feels we're enjoying here.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by pansophist(m): 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:
You know the most underrated advantage of living abroad is their swift medical treatment and care

Do you know that Sam Okparaji died at Surulere football stadium because ambulance no gree start

Does this lady know how many Nigerians that has lost their lives because NEPA took light during surgical procedures

Do you know how many lives that has wasted in Nigeria to negligence and poor facilities?

Do you know I know someone that lost a mom because of 10k balance before treatments?

This is a free health insurance you get abroad for free

Let’s not even talk of minimum wage, basic amunities, security, standard of living and the rest

Omo I’m very sure Nigeria is the forbidden country God told Abraham

People in the US die for all these things you mentioned. When it comes to the slum of the developed world, it's the US. Healthcare is not free, there, also college and the right to not die by someone exercising his right to carry a gun.

If you need free, quality healthcare, come to Europe. If you like, your medical drugs to be alive is 1M dollars a month, it will be free for you.

They like comparing the US with Nigeria, but never with Europe. Why? Because the US is shithole

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by ireke(m): 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
LegendHero:
Lol, the lady did some delusional tactics well. Most of the things she stated there are lies for USA or she probably live in the extreme suburb where she has to take 2hours ride to get to the nearest city.

—Consistent internet which will give Wi-Fi for a home for instance should be within $60-$100 monthly. Your phone bill could be $30, but it’s not gonna power most of your household gadgets and etc coz that $30 won’t be on an unlimited data plan.

—How can 2bed rent be $9600 per year? Does she mean in Houston for example, you’ll get a 2bed apartment for $800? She’s probably hallucinating.

In ATL for example, house rent in the city area for that 2 bed are usually within $1500-2500 per month. On top of that, you pay Light bill, gas bill, and the apartment monthly charges on sewage and common area if you live in an Apt complex. That could be additional $250 on it.

If it’s now mortgage, no way in hell will you get that monthly payment.

On average, in a city, you’ll pay nothing less than $18k yearly and that’s even being conservative. It could go up to $28k in total for most cities.

—I agree with her groceries of $700 monthly. That still make sense if you’re only spending on food.

However, to go out to a restaurant for 2 people, you spend nothing less than $80-100 in one sitting especially for Nigerian food restaurants. To the lounge, you spend nothing less than $100-$150 if you factor hookah and drinks for 2 people.

Except if you be get inside person will you even spend that monthly. Coz me I count jollification with food price.

Shhhh..... it's enough .... off your mic

rent at $9,600 per year. when even some student will pay upwards of $500 per month for shared accommodation in university dormitories.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by MrPOTUS: 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
mukthar2000:
Imaging this ingratiate human being, can't you just thank God for ur situation, and why can't you stay back in Niger here to let us both face this present hardship, pls if u can't stay in State u can come back home pls and stop all this ur heartbroken analysis.

Leave those selfish bastards, when they go abroad, they begin to discourage people from coming.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Eraddray(m): 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
If e no pay u come home

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Ofadaman(m): 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2023
One simple data invalidates all her nonsense and that is, what is the minimum wage?

The minimum wage her is 18,000 naira which is 20$
The minimum wage over there is over 2,000$(1,8m naira ).
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by mukthar2000(m): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2023
MrPOTUS:

Leave those selfish bastards, when they go abroad, they begin to discourage people from coming.
am very sure this type hardly send money to assist any of his families.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by RaptorX: 5:59pm On Aug 16, 2023
slowice:
The USA is way cheaper and minimum wage is also high
The US is actually a very expensive place to live, definitely not cheaper.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by EngGandalf: 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:
You know the most underrated advantage of living abroad is their swift medical treatment and care

Do you know that Sam Okparaji died at Surulere football stadium because ambulance no gree start

Does this lady know how many Nigerians that has lost their lives because NEPA took light during surgical procedures

Do you know how many lives that has wasted in Nigeria to negligence and poor facilities?

Do you know I know someone that lost a mom because of 10k balance before treatments?

Let’s not even talk of minimum wage, basic amunities, security, standard of living and the rest

Alaye no dey cap…. Not everyone is a zombie or naive like you. You ready pay for healthcare abroad? Healthcare is expensive abroad… and even the free ones. You’ll be on the queue for month…

Many people don die for road, many people have been refused ambulance because they don’t have money for healthcare/insurance.. you go just come dey talk rubbish … dey cap up& down…
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by yinkeys(m): 6:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:

Some Nigerian roads na death trap
Especially if you’ve been around the country
Hungry hoodlums can smash peoples screens o
Your employer can choose to owe you for3 months straight lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by RaptorX: 6:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
Regex:

Health care treatment in USA is not free.
Let that person be believing whatever fairy tale they were told. Health care cost in the US is the biggest cause of bankruptcy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Validated: 6:04pm On Aug 16, 2023
Nigerians with delusional analysis. You are analyzing cost but forget the revenue. What is the average earnings for a graduate in US, about $60,000. That is N57m. How much does a graduate earn in Nigeria? N840K, so how can you be comparing these two. Please, do not come here to talk of taxes. Average Lagosian pays about 22% PAYE yet have no option for tax refunds. In US, you are charged about 22-25% and with tax returns you could get back about 25 -50% of the tax deducted, sometimes higher.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Draslo(m): 6:04pm On Aug 16, 2023
Brendaniel:

And who brought Buhari to power and supported him twice? Are we really dealing with human beings here?
You're not getting it. Don't bother
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by poweredcom(m): 6:04pm On Aug 16, 2023
Wetin dis one de eat 700usd a month ..a
Glutton

Na only rent cost for abroad aside that d rest things are affordable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Angelfrost(m): 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:

Well, from her analysis, it is actually cheaper for a moderately earning and prudent person to stay in America than in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by yinkeys(m): 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2023
poweredcom:
Wetin dis one de eat 700usd a month ..a
Glutton

Na only rent cost for abroad aside that d rest things are affordable
Shes got family
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Dododawa01: 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
LegendHero:
Lol, the lady did some delusional tactics well. Most of the things she stated there are lies for USA or she probably live in the extreme suburb where she has to take 2hours ride to get to the nearest city.

—Consistent internet which will give Wi-Fi for a home for instance should be within $60-$100 monthly. Your phone bill could be $30, but it’s not gonna power most of your household gadgets and etc coz that $30 won’t be on an unlimited data plan.

—How can 2bed rent be $9600 per year? Does she mean in Houston for example, you’ll get a 2bed apartment for $800? She’s probably hallucinating.

In ATL for example, house rent in the city area for that 2 bed are usually within $1500-2500 per month. On top of that, you pay Light bill, gas bill, and the apartment monthly charges on sewage and common area if you live in an Apt complex. That could be additional $250 on it.

If it’s now mortgage, no way in hell will you get that monthly payment.

On average, in a city, you’ll pay nothing less than $18k yearly and that’s even being conservative. It could go up to $28k in total for most cities.

—I agree with her groceries of $700 monthly. That still make sense if you’re only spending on food.

However, to go out to a restaurant for 2 people, you spend nothing less than $80-100 in one sitting especially for Nigerian food restaurants. To the lounge, you spend nothing less than $100-$150 if you factor hookah and drinks for 2 people.

Except if you be get inside person will you even spend that monthly. Coz me I count jollification with food price.

Dnt mind her and she stay in Naija and she just dey write rubbish. Leave abroad expenses for oversea people and Naija expenses for Nigerian people
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Blitzking: 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2023
abhosts:
This person is out of touch with Nigeria. There are noise-free neighbourhoods where generators are prohibited in Nigeria.
Absolutely where I stayed as a student had 20hrs light per day for most per of the year. And it was inside the school or generator. In this same Nigeria..
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Regex: 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2023
RaptorX:
Let that person be believing whatever fairy tale they were told. Health care cost in the US is the biggest cause of bankruptcy.

People with dual citizenship usually go to their country of birth to treat themselves if they reside in the USA.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by IkeGod9891(m): 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2023
Olawrites:
Alot of diasporans like Justifying why they left Nigeria. Do your abroad and leave naija alone.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA. No matter what!!!!

God bless Nigeria is good but No matter what is bad to say.
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by UnfairLife7(m): 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2023
inoki247:
Lol so na Everybody wey dey US dey Live for Texas..

Shey she know fuel price are not the same at every state in US same as rent....
The worst place in US is far better than the best place in your shithole

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by Angelfrost(m): 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2023
Phranx1:
You dey forbid return ticket ni ? Nonsensical nonsensity

Are you sure you understood what she analysed there?!! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by FireUpNow(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
Who sponsored this one? Can she tell me the minimum wage in the US and the unemployment rate? What's the inflation like in the US? How many people can afford 2mi for accommodation in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by alamoht(m): 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2023
[quote author=Olawrites post=125104764]Alot of diasporans like Justifying why they left Nigeria. Do your abroad and leave naija alone.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA. No matter what!!!! Face reality man
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by UnfairLife7(m): 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2023
Abbeytoy:

Learn how to appreciate what you have.

Not everyone is a fan of Japa, and not all will do so.

I have lost a cousin on the football field in the USA and a brother to Covid 19 in Qatar too, and it's not new.

Accepted that our electricity is bad, but we're better than some people do.

I look at those that don't have what I have and I never complain or compete with people that have more than I do.

Don't Make Nigeria/Nigerians looks like the Worst in the World.
who are you better than in Africa? We top unemployment ladder in the world
We're no where to be found amongst countries with reasonable minimum wage in Africa.

Tinubu came and increased poverty and unemployment from where Buhari left it. An average Nigerians cannot feed anymore. I'm sure you know what would likely take place in the country with all those indices?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by kabillionaire(m): 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2023
What about earning opportunities?
Re: Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. by UnfairLife7(m): 6:26pm On Aug 16, 2023
EngGandalf:

Alaye no dey cap…. Not everyone is a zombie or naive like you. You ready pay for healthcare abroad? Healthcare is expensive abroad… and even the free ones. You’ll be on the queue for month…

Many people don die for road, many people have been refused ambulance because they don’t have money for healthcare/insurance.. you go just come dey talk rubbish … dey cap up& down…
America is heaven compare to your shithole. Your country is no where to be found amongst countries with reasonable minimum wage in Africa. Your country top the ladder of unemployment in the world. Most graduates in your country are either jobless or Yahoo Yahoo. An average Nigerians cannot even feed anymore. Your Emilokan has increased poverty and unemployment from where Buhari left it.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Python Killed At Flooded Lagoon Estate, Ogudu Orioke In Lagos / Onitsha From First And Second Niger Bridge (photos) / Trailer Saved Another From Falling This Morning In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.