Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Nollywood Cash! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Cash! (799 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Cash! by JayDawg: 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2011
Ok so can anyone tell me how marketing and distribution works in Nollywood? I've heard the marketers basically give you a fee upfront and pirate the hell out of your movie. Is that it?? What if you print your own copies and sell to the marketers, or distribute it yourself somehow??

And what is this fee? I understand it depends on popularity of your actors and producers but roughly what, 30k/50k/100k USD?

I'm a new director and i need to know that i can recoup the costs of my first movie. Not bothered about profits yet, i just want to get my style noticed, and believe me you will notice.

Nollywood films must shift millions in copies, it will be a shame if the producers never see the money.
Re: Nollywood Cash! by kscreens: 9:09am On Jan 03, 2016
Hi,

Your posts pique my interest. Can we meet?

(1) (Reply)

Film Director Needed / Wole Soyinka's Child Of The Forest Showing In Japan / Help A Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.