Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,529 members, 7,843,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football (29451 Views)

Nigeria Beat Cameroon 1-0 In Women's Olympic Football Qualifiers / Nigeria Draws 0-0 With Cameroon In Women's Olympic Football Qualifier / Stephanie Ogechukwu Onusiriuka Won Gold Medal At African Gymnastics Championship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football by mayor1814: 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2023
I don't think Nigeria can have a solid super eagles team again after the 94 and 96 set. That was vintage super eagles. The best era in super eagles and Nigerian football history.

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football by gaskiyamagana: 11:26pm On Aug 17, 2023
Kenmatt:

Shut your mouth!!!

I watched that game live.
Na lie.
There's none who watched the match that will downgrade its occasional remembance and celebration.
Re: THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football by Lexxxyy: 4:00am On Aug 18, 2023
Not just the comebacks but quality of goals scored by Nigeria

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football by Bordey: 5:03am On Aug 18, 2023
Re: THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football by Adaisback(f): 5:26am On Aug 18, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Ronaldo cried that day. He couldn't help but displayed his wonderful incisors for the whole world to see. He no sabi cry at all grin. They couldn't believe it. I wouldn't know how true. I learnt their coach warned them about Nigerians. That they must not give up till the last whistle was blown, that Nigerians were good in dying minute magic, judging from Saudi '89 performance and the rest. I watched Saudi '89 on our black and white tv grin

The coatch later reminded them of what he said about Nigeria after we beat them, lol.

We stopped enjoying super eagles performance the moment they introduced politics into the national team. Na celebrity players we get today, those who can book a Jersey slot at any price, just to participate sell themselves to good clubs during tournaments. Eagles used to be pride of Africa, then Cameroun and Ghana
father father! My respect sir
Re: THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football by Adaisback(f): 5:30am On Aug 18, 2023
MichaelSokoto:
Nostalgia!
it was during dis Olympic dat I saw comrades hook up b/w telly onto a car battery to watch matches...

nothing like inverter or solar power then!
na ummuna boiz 4 area run am oo!
Respect Igbos!

cool
shocked wow!!!
Re: THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football by Efisko1(m): 6:32am On Aug 18, 2023
OP such a well detailed something,,,

Nice to see smiley
Re: THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football by Kizzygentle: 9:13am On Aug 18, 2023
Napata77:

Honestly I don’t like watching those videos…it just makes me want to cry.

Those guys made us soooo proud.

I was studying in the UK back then, and would rush out of class even before the end of the lectures just to catch the games at home.

Can you imagine the pride they gave us in a foreign country that was designed to strip you of your African pride?

Back then there was no Burna Boy or Davido or Nollywood, and nobody really cared about Nigeria in the UK.

And there they were, beating Brazil, beating Argentina. Causing sensation.

I mean, we Nigerians in the UK were just flabbergasted and unbelievably proud of our country, and held numerous parties in celebration.

Absolute legends.
Exactly..
Re: THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football by phemmyfour: 9:37am On Aug 18, 2023
Buhari4dullard:
So wait most of the key players na southerners.

Which means when we break the only reason person go hear of north na for terrorism.

Chai and to think that key players are all from South

No wonder many no want make nija break
We have key players from the North in Amokachi, Babangida, Babayaro and lawal. Infact Amokachi is the player of the tournament

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football by YesDaddyTill203: 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2023
Bordey:

I took time to read your past comments and I saw how crazy you are of a tribalist. Like I said I'm surprised an exposed person can be this full of hatred for a tribe.

You just ask the half baked useless school I attended? Lol. I attended one of the best uni in US and the best in GA. The number one best uni for nursing and health care in the whole of US.. Obviously poor people don't attend and they don't admit imbeciles. I'm sure you can't afford to send your children there, that's if you have any .

Meanwhile I'm yoruba and I'm so much disappointed reading what you wrote earlier, calling everyone ipob. Respectfully, shame on you sir. You are a disgrace to those who have you as their love one

So a scammer like you looking for Paypal accounts on NL and posting this (below) is someone who already went to one of the best schools in the US? grin grin grin grin
"Hello everyone. Please I need help. My sponsor is in US and want to send statement to the embassy. Please how do I go about this. Or can I just attach the statement file to the application alone"

You must think that everyone is as dumb as your LP members and your Yahoo Yahoo clients.

I have 5 grown kids, and they are all doing wonderful. If anyone of them should sponsor you, your paper will be halfway approved already. But my kids will never sponsor a Yahooboy scammer like you. For your information, even a poor person can still go to some of the finest schools in the US. They have financial Aid, Student loans, and scholarships if you are very brilliant.

Hey kid, get a real job and learn about world realities before posting trash online. You are nothing but a brainwashed confused HELL U PEE headless mob member and a Yahoo boy at the same time. What a contradiction. grin

I have wasted enough time responding to a kid like you already. BYE
Re: THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football by Bordey: 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2023
Re: THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football by candidbabe(f): 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2023
Respect to the op
This post made my day.
Atlanta '96
I can never forget the year 1996 because of this match, when Nigeria won the Almighty Argentina and Brazil chai !!!!!!
The joy , the happiness .the jubilation that accompanied those matches was indescribable.

The good old days chai !!!!!!!

Some musicians even released songs concerning this match which goes by

When Nigeria win Brazil *3
Bebeto just dey cry

When Nigeria win Argentina*3
Bebeto just dey cry
Re: THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football by do4luv14(m): 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2023
candidbabe:
Respect to the op
This post made my day.
Atlanta '96
I can never forget the year 1996 because of this match, when Nigeria won the Almighty Argentina and Brazil chai !!!!!!
The joy , the happiness .the jubilation that accompanied those matches was indescribable.

The good old days chai !!!!!!!

Some musicians even released songs concerning this match which goes by

When Nigeria win Brazil *3
Bebeto just dey cry

When Nigeria win Argentina*3
Bebeto just dey cry

Austin melody

karere karate o, Demi kerere.....
Argentina dem Kerere......
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Still looking for that song, so sweet good old days

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

International Friendly: Nigeria Vs Ghana (2 - 1) On 22nd March 2024 / Gbadebo Samson Celebrates Birthday In Style (Photos) / Qatar: Cameroon's Goalkeeper, Onana, To Leave Camp After Disagreement With Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.