Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

How Do I Know If My Nigerian Boyfriend Is A Scam Or Not - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / How Do I Know If My Nigerian Boyfriend Is A Scam Or Not (480 Views)

Help Pls I Don't Know If This Is An Std [warning Graphic Images ⚠️] / Bullmine Reviews Scam Or Legit / My Boyfriend Is Married In Nigeria” – Girl Seeks Help" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Know If My Nigerian Boyfriend Is A Scam Or Not by whoever11: 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
We started dating 10 months ago...although after 10 days without an official relationship he told me he had an emergency for which he needed money and he really did, I believe. And I gave him money. That was the first time, after that I must have spent thousands of euros.

We talk all the time and also we do video-calls on the evenings, he's thoughtful, he's very supportive but his days are spent playing video games or hanging out with his friends.

Mine are spent working, often at two jobs as my parents also depend on me.

I have sent money mainly because he wants to come here but I also "maintain him and his family", he always says that if he takes a job it's not worth it. And he usually doesn't tell much about his life.

I met his mother on a phone call, also his brother. And him in person on a holiday where I paid for everything.

I am overwhelmed with so many expenses and the last time I decided to speak out...but two days later he asked me for money again.

He always talks about the future, how he will give me everything and that this is just a bump in the road...but lately I don't believe anything and I'm really fed up with the relationship.

Sometimes I think it could all be true...but sometimes I think there are more options than just depending on your girlfriend. I have friends in Nigeria but I know it's hard but who would stay in a relationship that I have literally spent all my savings on?

I really like him but lately I have lots of health problems for all the stress too...

...and I don't know what to do, any advice (?)

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know If My Nigerian Boyfriend Is A Scam Or Not by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
Ever heard of "romance scams, OP?". This is exactly what this is. Look it up! Dude probably laughs hysterically with his friends while he's hanging out and playing video games with them, and while he spends your money on his real girlfriend in Nigeria. Your money o. He don find a mumu and mugu of a white [whatever your race is] woman in Europe be that. You're working two jobs and have parents who are also depending on you. Instead of saving your money or using it to help your parents, you're sending it to one loser in Nigeria. Do your parents or anyone in your family know what's going on? You cannot be this desperate for love to be this stupid.
Re: How Do I Know If My Nigerian Boyfriend Is A Scam Or Not by Rumor2ruth: 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2023
This is serious,there are so many genuine guys like myself that is looking for this kind of opportunity.avoid sending him money henceforth and work with you brain.you need no soothsayer to tell you you are only dating yourself. He isn't even taking you as his girl friend but his mugun.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know If My Nigerian Boyfriend Is A Scam Or Not by Sirhush(m): 10:50am On Aug 25, 2023
I will advice you stop sending him money. Instead if he is ready to come to you over there and that both of you will get married. Anything apart from that is weasting of money and time
Re: How Do I Know If My Nigerian Boyfriend Is A Scam Or Not by SageWithSarcasm(m): 2:54pm On Aug 25, 2023
There is a movie Tinder Swindler..... You would be enlightened
Re: How Do I Know If My Nigerian Boyfriend Is A Scam Or Not by lifenajeje(m): 6:44am On Sep 03, 2023
Would u love me to carry out an investigation on him?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know If My Nigerian Boyfriend Is A Scam Or Not by BabyOku2022(f): 9:50pm On Jan 10
Ifenajeje maybe u shuld check on my own pls
Re: How Do I Know If My Nigerian Boyfriend Is A Scam Or Not by shekonz(m): 5:17am On Jan 21
BabyOku2022:
Ifenajeje maybe u shuld check on my own pls

Hi, can we connect

I sent u a nairaland mail

Also u can whatsapp me: 07990754523
Re: How Do I Know If My Nigerian Boyfriend Is A Scam Or Not by Sirhush(m): 4:30pm On Feb 08
Who get head no get cap. but am sure if he take you serious you will know your Self
Re: How Do I Know If My Nigerian Boyfriend Is A Scam Or Not by yeslollipop(f): 12:24pm On Feb 09
YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED, financially and emotionally. That guy does not love you, heck he doesn't even like you.

For him, you are the means to an end. What end?
To constantly send him money to foot his bills aka maga... or to eventually pay his trip to come meet you abroad, where he will pretend to be humble so as to get Green Card.

After some years he may travel to Nigeria in disguise of attending a family friend's wedding.
Note, that is his wedding to his Nigerian wife. Forget all the lies he tells you about how special and different you are from Nigerian women. grin

He wants your money and will say and do anything for that to be a success. Cut him off cold turkey now! No explanations, no closure, no deliberation. Cut that mo'forka off now!

(1) (Reply)

Serious Female Friends Needed / I Need A Lady For A Seroius Relationship. / Who Is More Victims/number In Searching Guy Or Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.