Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time (13541 Views)

The Memory Capacity On My Head Is Two Small, So I Can't Lean / Major Amazing 6 Ways To Improve Your Memory Capacity / How Far Can I Boost My Cgpa At This Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:20am On Aug 20, 2023
majesticguy:

It seems you've been cramming and reading, rather than studying.

Try to study.

Read to understand and not just for reading sake.

Relate what you read to real life events and activities.

Jot down points while studying, it helps you recall what you've read.

Some folks read once and never forget. Others need to read the same thing multiple times so as to remember, find out what works for you.

Irrespective of the handouts and material given, try to read further to gain more insight and knowledge on the topic, but make sure the additional information you are gaining falls within the scope of the study materials or handouts.

Revision of what you read the previous day in the wee hours of the following day also helps memory retention.

Look for folks you can revise with after studying, ask them questions on what you don't understand.

Although, the above rarely works for the fire brigade approach.

If you want to adopt the reading for understanding approach, then you should have started from the onset of the semester.

Well said, I remembered when we were doing an elective in university on advance differential equations, through further studies I discovered you could use that equation to predict the direction of cracks in walls, it just made me fall in love, the subject didn't look abstract anymore.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by zudozz: 10:36am On Aug 20, 2023

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Mosco100(m): 11:54am On Aug 20, 2023
Add emotion to the study, so that the amygdala will be involved.
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by DataPiercer: 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2023
Geovanni412:

Good question

Your job is to read first then develop questions for what you read

It is after you do that, that your focus should be on creating flashcards

Creating manual flashcards is more stressful than creating anki flashcards

If you setup your anki app properly using the tips on https://leananki.com/start-here and -https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXL_lTSgbB_VBrcQnK1c72A1AMTvXcu70

You won't have much issues with making the flashcards.

You can setup spaced repetition. If you want to learn the material for 3 years sef, anki will continue reminding you.

You can make the flashcards with your phone or when you are on your PC

The interface is not so simple . So, give yourself some time and read through the blog i posted whilst you download the app on pc and on mobile and check the youtube link i posted below

-https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXL_lTSgbB_VBrcQnK1c72A1AMTvXcu70
boss man,this anki is really confusing.. I've been trying to set it up on my phone
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Geovanni412(m): 6:40pm On Aug 20, 2023
DataPiercer:
boss man,this anki is really confusing.. I've been trying to set it up on my phone

Watch the videos in the youtube playlist

It will tell you all you need to know

That and the leananki website

Their user interface isn't something you can figure out easily without using tutorials unless you've used it before

Or you can DM me for guidance.
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Ajibade123(m): 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2023
MAVICK2000:
Pls, i need advise(s) on memory capacity and reading hours, i am quiet brillant but i find it hard to read an recall what i read even if i do intensive reading, i still forget most of what i read it like my brain doesn't store, and even after rercusion it still same. Pls s there a way to solve my problem because my exams is drawing near and i have few weeks left
Try to have enough sleep
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by xxxXXXxxx: 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
efikoefiko:
Place your self on vitamin B complex for 2month and see what happen.

Hey bro! could you please recommend a good brand of the vitamin supplements; that would be very much appreciated.
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by DataPiercer: 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
Geovanni412:

Watch the videos in the youtube playlist

It will tell you all you need to know

That and the leananki website

Their user interface isn't something you can figure out easily without using tutorials unless you've used it before

Or you can DM me for guidance.
Good day boss ,i use ankidroid now ,but the issue is that my cards are not usually randomized ,how can I do this ? Thank you boss
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Geovanni412(m): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2023
DataPiercer:

Good day boss ,i use ankidroid now ,but the issue is that my cards are not usually randomized ,how can I do this ? Thank you boss

Don't really understand your question. I'd have to see pictures to better understand what you mean.

You can send me an email via nairaland so I can see the details of what you talking of.
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by DataPiercer: 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2023
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Geovanni412(m): 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
DataPiercer:
...I'm sorry for this stress boss ..please tag me so that I can remove it

Sent you a message on Whatsapp
Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by femmy2010(m): 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
MAVICK2000:
Pls, i need advise(s) on memory capacity and reading hours, i am quiet brillant but i find it hard to read an recall what i read even if i do intensive reading, i still forget most of what i read it like my brain doesn't store, and even after rercusion it still same. Pls s there a way to solve my problem because my exams is drawing near and i have few weeks left

Reading a subject for too long can be counterproductive.
Try an hour, do whatever you like for 10- 15mins, do a little revision for about 20mins then try another subject for another hour.

Re: How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time by Neilpartel: 8:08am On Sep 05, 2023
cheapest countries to live and work

1. Vietnam

For those wanting to live and work in an exotic place, but not pay a fortune, Vietnam is any budget travelers dream. It’s one of the best and cheapest countries to live in for expats. Although Vietnam is still a bit of an insider tip when it comes to cheap countries in which to live and travel, there’s plenty to see and do. Vietnam has stunning landscapes to explore, delicious local cuisine for foodies and is also somewhat of an adventure travel destination.

The main cities are Ho Chi Minh city in the south, capital Hanoi in the north, and Da Nang in the center of the country. Most jobs will be found in these cities.

The currency, Vietnamese Dong, is currently worth around VND23,000 to $1 and is one of the few currencies that has weakened relative to the dollar in recent years.

Read Details

https://onlinestudyingservices.com/2023/08/06/10-cheapest-countries-to-live-and-work/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which University Is Currently Selling Their Pre-degree Form.pls Help! / Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri Imo State 2011/2012 Result Is Out Check It Now / Nota Bene: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Admission Notice Board.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.