Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 (1101 Views)

I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel / The Good Old Days Of Toyota Prius / Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by amliftedhigher: 10:48pm On Aug 20, 2023
Just like someone suggested, I decided to fill up my gas tank after making 254 miles (408km) round trip. The total fuel bought today is 10200 17 litres @600. This simply means that 36 litres of fuel can take me to lagos and back to warri. My total average MPG is 60.2 mpg going and coming back to warri.
This 17 litres was due to reduce pump gauge from matrix filling station. If the pump, it should not take more than 12 or 14 litres

Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by Kingdemu: 10:57pm On Aug 20, 2023
Expect that charge and bail lawyer called Buygala to come and cry under this post. He'll wail and tell you to dump your Hybrid because of the cost of replacement batteries.

4 Likes

Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by SpaceAngel: 12:01am On Aug 21, 2023
The consumption is impressive but from the average speed looks like it's driven more inside town. It's even more than rated. How's the combined consumption for like more of highway speed.?
Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by buygala(m): 1:08am On Aug 21, 2023
Kingdemu:
Expect that charge and bail lawyer called Buygala to come and cry under this post. He'll wail and tell you to dump your Hybrid because of the cost of replacement batteries.

Whether he dumps it or not is not my concern..

Last discussion I had with op on his other thread, he stopped responding when I asked him the price of a brand new hybrid battery replacement for his vehicle grin

The same Kazeems who will mock you to stupor if you try buying a fairly used car starter battery are the same ones swearing with even their parents' lives while trying to market their okrika mixed-cell hybrid batteries...

Ask those same kazeems to give you even a 2-year warranty on those their concocted hybrid batteries and they will tell you "Chairman, shebi na me give you battery... No fear.. Guarantee cover you".. But when the battery starts acting up, which it definitely will, those sellers will blame the car's charging system, the car owner, heat inside car bonnet, position of the driver seat, in fact everything else instead of admitting they sold you fearfully used scrap...

Only a Nigerian will assume he will get from an okrika battery a life span close to the 10-year life span of hybrid battery fitted to the car during its manufacture.

For some of us, even if op gets 60mpg, we are not moved. grin... He should enjoy until it's time to replace or service that hybrid battery in naija.. Na dat time e go know the meaning of the Ibo Proverb "agbacha oso, a guo mile".. Na dat time e go sabi how much e really spend on fuel grin

Brand new hybrid battery na 2m +, but dem tell you say the okrika one of 150k go work well, and you believe them... Make e no worry, e go be like me in 2017 who kept buying fairly used car batteries every other month until I gave myself brain and bought a brand new one grin.

3 Likes

Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by amliftedhigher: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2023
SpaceAngel:
The consumption is impressive but from the average speed looks like it's driven more inside town. It's even more than rated. How's the combined consumption for like more of highway speed.?
That's a highway trip. Warri to Asaba, drive inside Asaba and back to warri. Totalling 254 miles. I am driving between 70km to 100km
Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by amliftedhigher: 11:40am On Aug 21, 2023
buygala:

Whether he dumps it or not is not my concern..

Last discussion I had with op on his other thread, he stopped responding when I asked him the price of a brand new hybrid battery replacement for his vehicle grin

The same Kazeems who will mock you to stupor if you try buying a fairly used car starter battery are the same ones swearing with even their parents' lives while trying to market their okrika mixed-cell hybrid batteries...

Ask those same kazeems to give you even a 2-year warranty on those their concocted hybrid batteries and they will tell you "Chairman, shebi na me give you battery... No fear.. Guarantee cover you".. But when the battery starts acting up, which it definitely will, those sellers will blame the car's charging system, the car owner, heat inside car bonnet, position of the driver seat, in fact everything else instead of admitting they sold you fearfully used scrap...

Only a Nigerian will assume he will get from an okrika battery a life span close to the 10-year life span of hybrid battery fitted to the car during its manufacture.

For some of us, even if op gets 60mpg, we are not moved. grin... He should enjoy until it's time to replace or service that hybrid battery in naija.. Na dat time e go know the meaning of the Ibo Proverb "agbacha oso, a guo mile".. Na dat time e go sabi how much e really spend on fuel grin

Brand new hybrid battery na 2m +, but dem tell you say the okrika one of 150k go work well, and you believe them... Make e no worry, e go be like me in 2017 who kept buying fairly used car batteries every other month until I gave myself brain and bought a brand new one grin.

As far as I am concerned, your questions are not relevant to me. My Lexus LS 460L Air suspension OEM is over 5k dollars. The engine and transmission is over 10k dollars so the hybrid battery is a smallest problem I will have.
Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by valarinz: 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2023
amliftedhigher:

That's a highway trip. Warri to Asaba, drive inside Asaba and back to warri. Totalling 254 miles. I am driving between 70km to 100km

At the bolded speed, don't you think this is not a proper way to ascertain proper comparison figures? 🤔

If you also drive the regular petrol cars on highway at same speed you'll get equally impressive mpg figures

I think you should repeat the recordings next trip and take it up to 100kmhr - 120kmhr on average
Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by buygala(m): 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2023
amliftedhigher:

As far as I am concerned, your questions are not relevant to me. My Lexus LS 460L Air suspension OEM is over 5k dollars. The engine and transmission is over 10k dollars so the hybrid battery is a smallest problem I will have.

Despite all the above, fuel saving is still a concern to you and you dey find 150k okrika Hybrid battery grin

2 Likes

Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by amliftedhigher: 2:27pm On Aug 21, 2023
valarinz:

At the bolded speed, don't you think this is not a proper way to ascertain proper comparison figures? 🤔

If you also drive the regular petrol cars on highway at same speed you'll get equally impressive mpg figures

I think you should repeat the recordings next trip and take it up to 100kmhr - 120kmhr on average
Just like you said. The Toyota EPA for highway is 46mpg at 100km to 120km. So I am not doing that knowing that I am not in a haste I always choose my time before travelling. So if you check you will know that the only car who can pass this car is same Prius no other car. Hyundai ioniq hybrid is closer but no ICE can get 35 mpg on highway if you like drive 30km. So at 100km to 120km I am getting 46 to 48mpg. But no need, if I want speed I will drive my LS 460L with over 380HP that takes fuel whether you are idling or crawling or speeding. This Prius C was bought for a purpose and to be Frank, it is over serving the purpose.
Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by amliftedhigher: 2:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
buygala:

Despite all the above, fuel saving is still a concern to you and you dey find 150k okrika Hybrid battery grin

Rest in Jesus Christ name.
Even Americans and Europeans buys use parts from junk yard more than Africans so no big deal

1 Like

Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by valarinz: 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
amliftedhigher:

Just like you said. The Toyota EPA for highway is 46mpg at 100km to 120km. So I am not doing that knowing that I am not in a haste I always choose my time before travelling. So if you check you will know that the only car who can pass this car is same Prius no other car. Hyundai ioniq hybrid is closer but no ICE can get 35 mpg on highway if you like drive 30km. So at 100km to 120km I am getting 46 to 48mpg. But no need, if I want speed I will drive my LS 460L with over 380HP that takes fuel whether you are idling or crawling or speeding. This Prius C was bought for a purpose and to be Frank, it is over serving the purpose.

Great..

I didn't ask you to repeat the recordings in hope it'll be low as that of a regular ICE though, I just think you rigged the ballot grin🤭

I think you'll still get fantastic figures when you do 120kmhr average but it won't be as high as 60mpg

Btw, how do you manage to drive that slow on the highway and fail to fall asleep or lose concentration, you must be a special breed of human, I hail you oo🥺

2 Likes

Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by SpaceAngel: 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
amliftedhigher:

Ok, from that consumption figure it shows your hybrid battery is very ok and will last for years to come. Remember to clean the hybrid battery air filter from time to time for good health of your hybrid battery.

1 Like

Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by 9icetoo(m): 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
amliftedhigher:

My Skoda Octavia diesel gave me 47-48mpg.

My Honda city gave me close to 42mpg.

Your hybrid is good but don't rubbish ice cars just yet.

The famous Volkswagen rabbit regularly gets above 50mpg.
Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by amliftedhigher: 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2023
SpaceAngel:

Ok, from that consumption figure it shows your hybrid battery is very ok and will last for years to come. Remember to clean the hybrid battery air filter from time to time for good health of your hybrid battery.

Thank you. I did this 2 weeks ago
Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by amliftedhigher: 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2023
9icetoo:

My Skoda Octavia diesel gave me 47-48mpg.

My Honda city gave me close to 42mpg.

Your hybrid is good but don't rubbish ice cars just yet.

The famous Volkswagen rabbit regularly gets above 50mpg.

This is debatable Sir. I know that Corolla has good mpg more than Civic
Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by amliftedhigher: 6:28pm On Aug 21, 2023
valarinz:

Great..

I didn't ask you to repeat the recordings in hope it'll be low as that of a regular ICE though, I just think you rigged the ballot grin🤭

I think you'll still get fantastic figures when you do 120kmhr average but it won't be as high as 60mpg

Btw, how do you manage to drive that slow on the highway and fail to fall asleep or lose concentration, you must be a special breed of human, I hail you oo🥺
Hahahaha. My brother driving with high life music Oriental brothers especially.
Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by valarinz: 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2023
amliftedhigher:

I don't think you're accurate here, I mean the claim of corolla having better mpg than a civic

Just do a year to year comparison search, say 2005 corolla vs 2005 civic

1 Like

Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by amliftedhigher: 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2023
valarinz:

I don't think you're accurate here, I mean the claim of corolla having better mpg than a civic

Corolla 2010 vs civic 2010
Same combine mpg 29

Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by amliftedhigher: 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2023
valarinz:

Just check. Even the 3 cylinder engines could not beat any prius

Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by 9icetoo(m): 11:48am On Aug 22, 2023
amliftedhigher:

I did not say civic.

I said city.

It's a lightweight 1.5l small sedan with cvt.

And I documented my trip here on Nairaland.

The Octavia is a 1.9 turbocharged diesel engine.

Also documented the trip on Nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/1925327/trip-ph-lagos-ph
Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by amliftedhigher: 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
9icetoo:

I did not say civic.

I said city.

It's a lightweight 1.5l small sedan with cvt.

And I documented my trip here on Nairaland.

The Octavia is a 1.9 turbocharged diesel engine.

Also documented the trip on Nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/1925327/trip-ph-lagos-ph
Driving distance from Lagos to PH is 627km
So how did you arrive at 1400km plus?
Also starting off gives more mileage than when you have taken off and gone far?
You did well in your driving techniques to achieve those mileage.
I am too sure that I won't use 40 litres for that journey. I didn't use up to 16 litres when I drove from Lagos to Warri but is a hybrid. Also note that if Honda City can give this mpg, Honda would not have built Civic hybrid which is below any Toyota prius
Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by Kingdemu: 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
amliftedhigher:

I am too sure that I won't use 40 litres for that journey. I didn't use up to 16 litres when I drove from Lagos to Warri but is a hybrid. Also note that if Honda City can give this mpg, Honda would not have built Civic hybrid which is below any Toyota prius
Now I understand why Buygala is on your case. You don't seem to agree that another car has considerable fuel economy so long as it is not your almighty hybrid Prius. Whatever rocks your boat.

2 Likes

Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by buygala(m): 2:27pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kingdemu:
Now I understand why Buygala is on your case. You don't seem to agree that another car has considerable fuel economy so long as it is not your almighty hybrid Prius. Whatever rocks your boat.

How im go agree when 2m+ Hybrid battery cost dey im front?...

Pesin wey gats justify to himself his decision to go hybrid in Nigeria of all places.

If na u, u go gree?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by amliftedhigher: 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kingdemu:
Well you are free to say what you like.
Note: I never said that no other car has good mileage.
Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by amliftedhigher: 6:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
buygala:

How im go agree when 2m+ Hybrid battery cost dey im front?...

Pesin wey gats justify to himself his decision to go hybrid in Nigeria of all places.

If na u, u go gree?
It seems that you are pained?
Well I am getting a Tesla or Chevrolet bolt soon so get ready for the main hybrid traction battery. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: I Drove 254 Miles With 17 Litres On My Toyota Prius C 2016 by 9icetoo(m): 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
amliftedhigher:

So everywhere from pH to lagos is 627kms? cheesy
Whatever rocks your boat man.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Best Car That Save Fuel / Pls Help With My Toyota Carina E Manual / Tips On Avoiding Vehicle Accidents On The Road.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.