Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,178 members, 7,860,235 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:09 AM

Low, Middle And High Income - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Low, Middle And High Income (21697 Views)

High Income Skills In Nigeria / ATTENTION Here Is Your Chance To Acquire High Income Skills For Free / Amazon KDP Is One High-income-generating Skills You As A Nigerian Youth Needs.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2023
080bjaked:
Up to 650k is middle income IMO.
Elite is 1.5m and above abeg.

My thought is a middle income family would have a good model car, mostly take with loans repayable for up to 4years (average Nigerian banking standards), that plus school fees plus feeding, maintenance and house rents takes away the 650k already. I've been there.

High income earner means you can cover middle income responsibilities and still conveniently pay mortgage.
Exactly
Re: Low, Middle And High Income by Blitzking: 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2023
Kashaamadupe less than 100k monthly
Poor 101k to 500k monthly
Middle class 501k to 1 m monthly
Rich 1.1m monthly to 10m
Elites 10.1m and above monthly

3 Likes

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by ceejayluv(m): 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2023
I earn 250k net and still feel very much in the lower income class.
Middle income, to me starts from 400k
Re: Low, Middle And High Income by Limassol(m): 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

Nobody actually cares about you, your plans, your goals, or your little dramas. So stop pretending they do, or getting upset when they don’t.

Well, that's actually false.

Happpy New Week 👍
Re: Low, Middle And High Income by Pearlqueen(f): 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
No category for 20k earners

2 Likes

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by MrBroke(m): 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2023
Mtcheww. Make I keep quiet

1 Like

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by Greystone: 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hope4Naja:
Hello, what is your opinion on the amount regarded as Low Income, Middle Income and High Income in Nigeria

Low Income (N30,000-N150,000)
Middle Income (N151,000-N400,000)
High Income (N401,000-N800,000)

I see anything above N800,000 as the elite class

In my opinion, 500k salary is still middle income.
Considering the high inflation rate and cost of living, I don’t even think 1m per month presently qualifies as high income.

1 Like

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by Greystone: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2023
DiamondPant:
500k cannot be high income oo, especially if you live in Lagos.
Rent, tp/fueling will finish the money.

Precisely.
Re: Low, Middle And High Income by YoshihideSuga: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hope4Naja:
Hello, what is your opinion on the amount regarded as Low Income, Middle Income and High Income in Nigeria

It's dependent on state. In Taraba, anyone earning 150K monthly na upper middle class person.

4 Likes

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by sheanzy(m): 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
Validated:
Wait in this Tinubu regime? Anyone earning less than N200k in just existing. Just imagine you buy 100 litres fuel in a month for your gen, that is N65k, your Light bill is another N65k. Then you are left with N70k. Transport never enter, house rent, etc. The only option is to retire to the village
slowpoke, if you don't on Gen will you die, foolish cow

2 Likes

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by YoshihideSuga: 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

Rent in owerri dey compete with rent in Port Harcourt o

That's not possible. What's in insecurity plagued Owerri that makes it to compete with Port-harcourt in terms of rent? Which kind work people dey do for there wey dey make rent compete with Pitakwa?
Re: Low, Middle And High Income by YoshihideSuga: 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2023
crossbreedwears:
Even in Lagos, 800k is big oga. You cut your coat according to your size. Earning 800k, your annual rent shouldn't be more than 2 months of your salary even in a good location. Most people don't know how to manage

That's not possible. The good locations are close to the island where those jobs of 800K+ exist. Yaba, Ikeja, Surulere, Ajah have extremely few two bedrooms apartments with rent of 1.6M. Most people earning such don marry and have at least a child.

Let's be honest with ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by Greystone: 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
If you are earning less than 1 million a month, you are still in Low income.
1 - 1,000,000 = Low Income
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 = Middle Income
5,000,000 - 10,000,000 = Upper Income
10,000,000+ = Elite

Exactly.
The low income group can be sub categorized.

1 Like

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by fineboynl(m): 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2023
In today Nigeria elite class are politicians.
They might not be on monthly income per say.

But the corruption money, oil thief, contract inflation, ghost workers and business lobby, shares, investments and all that make them billionaires in worth.

These are the elites.

The rich class are people who can afford to add fleet of cars if they so wish, can build houses in moderate choice locations. And can lift others from poverty. Its not necessary on a monthly income but net worth spring into hundreds of millions.

The upper middle class are federal government workers civil servants in highly and lucrative service like custom boss, military chiefs, police commission, INEC boss and other ogas at the top in several lucrative parastatals.

The middle class are fixed salary dependent from 500k above. With the buhari and Tinubu emergence has further impoverished Nigerians with weaken Naira and hyper inflation, has move the middle class to 1m a month.

The lower class are 150k to 500k in today Nigeria.

While the poor class is below 150k

At the Top
Elite
Upper class

At the middle
Upper middle class
Middle class

at the bottom
Low class
Poor class

Life feel good at the top

2 Likes

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by BennyDGreat: 1:11pm On Aug 21, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

That's not possible. The good locations are close to the island where those jobs of 800K+ exist. Yaba, Ikeja, Surulere, Ajah have extremely few two bedrooms apartments with rent of 1.6M. Most people earning such don marry and have at least a child.

Some jobs allow hybrid or remote so it's better to live in areas where you spend less on housing...

1 Like

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by IzRayl: 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2023
The way una dey talk this thing like say no be same Lagos I dey stay....abii everybody for Lagos dey earn 10 million per month....abeg madam no talk wetin u no sabi
DiamondPant:

5 Likes

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by BabaIbo: 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
abhosts:
It all depends on location of person. 800k is big money if you live in a small town but it is nothing when you live in major cities like Lagos and Abuja.

Oga 800k is ok in any of Nigerian cities, as long as you wise in spending and you spend according to your means.

You just dey overrate Lagos lifestyle, as if it is not the same Lagos state I once lived in.

4 Likes

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by BabaIbo: 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2023
DiamondPant:

Alaye, stop hyping Lagos abeg.

500k will give you a moderate life in Lagos as long as you are judicious in your spending.

If you are wasteful, even with 10m/month you will still be broke.

5 Likes

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by Minjim: 1:25pm On Aug 21, 2023
DiamondPant:

Let the poor breathe!!

Tell that to Akpabio
Re: Low, Middle And High Income by crossbreedwears(m): 1:26pm On Aug 21, 2023
That's the problem of most married people who don't want to cut doen cost because of what people will say or trying to satisfy their earnings. Bros, i once lived in an old 2 bedroom flat close to Oniru beach and the rent back then in 2021 was about 1.5M back then. Now, you can get a 3 beedroom around surulere, yaba, for 1.6m or 1.7M. If you doubt, i can link you up to a good agent. Remember, someone earning 800k has to save for the future too oh.
YoshihideSuga:

3 Likes

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by TheFacelessMan: 1:26pm On Aug 21, 2023
Damn..what will you call 4 million?

Seen many on this band.

God provide us with abundance. grin
Re: Low, Middle And High Income by nawaforyouo: 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
embarassed
Re: Low, Middle And High Income by crossbreedwears(m): 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2023
My point is, 800k is enough for even family of 4. Also you can get 2 bedroom around yaba, surulere and some parts of Ikeja for 1.6M. A friend of mine got a room and parlour self-con in surulere for 310k at Bode Thomas Junction. Most people who pay higher rent most times are under pressure to find a house. If you currently live somewhere and not in hurry to move else where, you'll see a goood affordable rent though it's not easy
YoshihideSuga:

1 Like

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by Wodu89: 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2023
crossbreedwears:
My point is, 800k is enough for even family of 4. Also you can get 2 bedroom around yaba, surulere and some parts of Ikeja for 1.6M. A friend of mine got a room and parlour self-con in surulere for 310k at Bode Thomas Junction. Most people who pay higher rent most times are under pressure to find a house. If you currently live somewhere and not in hurry to move else where, you'll see a goood affordable rent though it's not easy

God help us. See us pricing lifestyle

If we itemize it on paper it may turn out different o

Each kid needs like 300k per year for education. Education of four alone per year is 1.2 M

Rentage 1M

Now, 800k monthly means 10M per year. It's okay sha

1 Like

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by crossbreedwears(m): 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2023
Bros, na only God fit help us. Me no dey earn reach 100k a month and i thank God say i never marry because my wife go fight me tire lol. If i dey see 800k every month, i no go complain at all! I go dey play my 3 odds in peace lol lol
Wodu89:

God help us. See us pricing lifestyle

If we itemize it on paper it may turn out different o

Each kid needs like 300k per year for education. Education of four alone per year is 1.2 M

Rentage 1M

Now, 800k monthly means 10M per year. It's okay sha
Re: Low, Middle And High Income by etrange: 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2023
Weireldoo:
Anything below 100 is unnecessary

So the levels should be:
1) Unnecessary income
2) Low income
3) Middle income
4) High income

Lol.
Re: Low, Middle And High Income by iSense247: 1:52pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hope4Naja:

What about those that earn around N15,000? Many people are earning less than #20k in Osun State.

4 Likes

Re: Low, Middle And High Income by riches4me(m): 1:53pm On Aug 21, 2023
Saintinoo:

Why should you buy fuel of 65k for your gen when you are not using the gen for business. There is something called "rationality" in economics.
No matter how much you earn, if you are not rational, you will remain poor.
Don't say that. I've bought fuel worth of 60k this month for gen. Won't you entertain yourself at least? But dats Abt to change with d installation of solar inverter. I can't wait .
However, you can't buy 65k fuel and 65k electricity for your home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job / Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.