Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,208 members, 7,849,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:52 AM

Why Do Babies Have To Take Immunization Shots - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Babies Have To Take Immunization Shots (170 Views)

What Do Babies Look Like In The Womb During Pregnancies / Anambra State Wins World Bank Award On Immunization-photo / Why Do Babies Kick In The Womb? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Babies Have To Take Immunization Shots by Vboot1: 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
Today I came across a story in India where many children were badly affected due to a vaccine shot and it keeps me wondering why new born babies have to take immunization shots and other injections, aren't they immunized already by the creator who created them?

During the old days in Africa precisely, there wasn't any vaccine or immunization their babies grew up to become healthy and strong without having to take these shots 💉.

My questions are:

How safe are these vaccines to babies?
Lastly, can't babies grow healthy without vaccines and immunization?

Health practitioners please.

Re: Why Do Babies Have To Take Immunization Shots by OlaHolla: 11:13pm On Aug 21, 2023
Some strains of microorganisms become more virulent due to a number of things...
Population, settlements and living standards differ also. We can not compare a time where people living in a place were exposed to microorganisms that must have been endemic to them with present times dating back to the start of the 20th century. Their guts and all, were very familiar with the things around them...not the very foreign others .. .
Even though continental and overseas travel were quite common but the world was less of Global village then..
A lot came with inventions, industrialization, overcrowding, scarcity and population boom.

Vaccines are generally made to be safe and pass through lots of vetting and stages to check for adverse effects. Statistical analysis and significance are employed but the number of possibilities of the different effects vary to a very large exponent as the number of genes...
So a vaccine would hardly be expected to be 100% safe .. I think
I'm sure we'd get better opinions tho..

(1) (Reply)

Comprehensive Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) In Los Angeles, CA: Your Path T / Retirement Reinvented Crafting Your Next Chapter / Migraine Drugs Market Size, Growth And Research Report 2029.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.