Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) (48678 Views)

Female Chorister Discovered To Be A Man After Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Man Electrocuted To Death In Aba Few Weeks To Traditional Wedding (Graphic Pic) / Lady Electrocuted To Death By High Tension Cable In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by sarrki(m): 10:28pm On Aug 21, 2023
Five billboard installers electrocuted to death, several others critically injured, after the metal signpost they were trying to install, had contact with a high tension wire at Rumuosi axis of East West Road, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

- Journalist Kc

Rivers: Five electrocuted, four hospitalised while erecting billboard, police begin probe

No fewer than five persons were electrocuted while trying to mount a billboard in the Obiri-Ikwerre area of Rumuosi in the Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the Rivers State on Monday.

Also, four others who received life-threatening burns are currently battling for their lives at the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital where they were rushed to for treatment.

The PUNCH gathered that the billboard, a major outdoor advertisement with a metal frame, reportedly touched a high-tension cable, thereby causing a spark.

The nine men were said to have lifted the gigantic structure when its metal component touched the cable and immediately conducted an electric current.

The electric current gripped and shocked five of them to death while four others were said to be in critical condition.

The victims were said to be private businessmen contracted to mount the billboard for a new generation church.

When contacted, the spokesperson for the state Police Command, Grace Iringe-Koko, confirmed the incident, describing it as unfortunate.

She said, “Yes, we are aware. It is very unfortunate. Investigation is ongoing to ascertain what really happened. “

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/rivers-five-electrocuted-four-hospitalised-while-erecting-billboard-police-begin-probe/%3famp

2 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by sarrki(m): 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
May their souls rest in peace

Please let’s be careful

The best safety practice when you are working under high tension is 10 feet 360 degrees

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Visocrate(m): 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2023
Life is not easy RIP to the dead and wish the injured quick recovery

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by jmoore(m): 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2023
People will keep perishing for lack of knowledge.
So none of them had eyes to see the high tension wire?

189 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Wainey: 10:32pm On Aug 21, 2023
jmoore:

Just say RIP and move on abeg.
U go explain tire.

Nigerians are not known to be safety conscious
No be still in this same Nigeria that people build shops under high tensions?

194 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 10:38pm On Aug 21, 2023
I hope they were not the ones that installed that useless "All Eyes on the judiciary" in Benin?

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by spagettiluv: 10:40pm On Aug 21, 2023
jmoore:

walai
I was thinking the same
Why will any sane person erect billboard under high tension

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by jmoore(m): 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2023
Okoroawusa:
I hope they were not the ones that installed that useless "All Eyes on the judiciary" in Benin?

Portharcourt is not in Benin.

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by JOemmy(m): 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2023
Very tragic rip

2 Likes

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 10:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
jmoore:

Portharcourt is not in Benin.
I am just saying... just in case

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by sarrki(m): 10:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
Wainey:
Just say RIP and move on abeg.
Mistakes do happen

It’s to protect future occurrences

That’s why the caveat

We must learn from our mistakes

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Iamcrazy: 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2023
It's not new that I'm not going to end the world. The idea by which the world will continue to exist is the only reason why many more things will happen. Terrible things, interesting things, all these are the result of their improvement and update of their wisdom and understanding. I will make them destroyed themselves by thier wisdom and inventions. They have tried so well that believe we reason alike and I'm been depriving them of becoming like me. Of trees could talk, humans will understand how useless and cruel that are. Some animals always thank God when they remember the kind of creature human beings are. Nigerians especially is one the hell on earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Asgard73: 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2023
Rest on ..

Pains on some people tonight ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Wainey: 10:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
spagettiluv:
walai
I was thinking the same
Why will any sane person erect billboard under high tension
e be like u no deh this Nigeria.
People build shops and houses under high tension.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Kingosytex(m): 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2023
Life no easy abeg angry
People go jam death for where dem go hustle for their daily bread.
Chai! Life is indeed strange. Today we're here, tomorrow we're no more.
I extend my regards to their respective families, may their souls find eternal rest.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by fkelly(m): 10:57pm On Aug 21, 2023
Seems they went to remove the all eyes on judiciary

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Alchemy528: 11:02pm On Aug 21, 2023
Jezzz this one is something else oo
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Vinnie2000(m): 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2023
Quite a Pity!😟

This USELESS APC Govt has Taken the lives of too Nigerians.😕

During Pres Goodluck Jonathan's Era, you rarely Hear such news. 🤨🙂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Nicepoker(m): 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2023
So non of them could locate danger above.

5 Likes

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by sarrki(m): 11:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Quite a Pity!😟

This USELESS APC Govt has Taken the lives of too Nigerians.😕

During Pres Goodluck Jonathan's Era, you rarely Hear such news. 🤨🙂

Are you actually ok ?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by NaijaCowFarm: 12:09am On Aug 22, 2023
Nigerians lack PPE awareness, very bad!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by MarketDispatch: 12:26am On Aug 22, 2023
Who approved the installation under high tension wire

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by TheFacelessMan: 12:38am On Aug 22, 2023
fkelly:

You are really stupid. Can't you see they were just erecting the billboard ?

Not everything is about politics but an imb3cile like you has to be reminded.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Godson1996: 12:57am On Aug 22, 2023
May their souls RIP. But was the high tension invisible to all of them?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 22, 2023
Conquered ibos 😂😂😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by PDJT: 1:06am On Aug 22, 2023
- I see many Nigerians desperate for Darwin Award but these ones take the biscuit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by PDJT: 1:08am On Aug 22, 2023
Naijaboy18:
Conquered ibos 😂😂😂😂

-This is one those Nigerians desperate for Darwin Award. Don't worry you will soon collect yours. 😉

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by tishbite42: 1:22am On Aug 22, 2023
R. I. P sef don dey cost for this Tinubu era
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Brownville007: 1:42am On Aug 22, 2023
na wao
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by PortHarcourtcit(m): 3:24am On Aug 22, 2023
fkelly:
LP members who went to install all eyes on the judiciary bill board...

3 Likes

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Vinnie2000(m): 3:37am On Aug 22, 2023
sarrki:

Are you actually ok ?

Ask yourself 'Am I owk'? 😏🤨

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Got Ruthlessly Harassed By Police This Night For Holding Vega 100 / Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � / 400 Level UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Two Failed Attempts (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.