Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Dave Umahi As Minister Of Works - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dave Umahi As Minister Of Works (96 Views)

Dave Umahi Have Seen Were The Pendulum Will Swing / Anti -corruption War Suffers Setback As Minister Is Declared Sick / Ongoing Protest: Group Seek Ngige Removal As Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dave Umahi As Minister Of Works by lazkizz(m): 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2023
what do you think about this letter to Dave umahi ??

Dear Minister Dave Umahi, kindly permit me to share my thoughts with you.

1. Your biggest challenge is money. Nigeria has a huge infrastructure deficit estimated at N10trn and with your ministry's annual budgetary allocation of N300bn, you can barely construct 200km of road in a year. Without money, your hands are tied. Assume every day that you have zero budget! What would you do?

2. We must move to long-term money for roads. HE Fashola started the HDMI, we need to rapidly implement it. I am not sure about the current tax for infrastructure programs because the govt needs revenue. Dangote, NNPC, everybody must pay taxes now. You need to hold the ICRC and move to tolling and concession. FG roads are economic roads, they have to generate income for either the FG or the concessionaire.

3. We need to float an infrastructure bond. N5 - N10trn and let Nigerians invest in it with as little as N2,000.

4. Nigeria is very big and 4 years is very short. Prioritize roads based on traffic count and economic activities. It's the most logical thing to do.

5. Choose between Cement and Asphalt. Nigeria imports bitumen even though we have one of the biggest bitumen reserves in the world but we don't import cement.

6. Work with customs are regulate the importation of heavy axle trucks. Our roads have tonnage capacities except the importers of such trucks intend to drive them in their bedrooms. The trucks are mostly responsible for the damage on our roads.

7. At FEC, lend your voice to rail projects. Put pressure on the Minister in charge of rail to take his cargo off your roads. The Lagos - Calabar rail line is a priority. His KPI must involve the amount of cargo moved by rail per annum, not just passenger traffic.

You are a good man, you will succeed and I wish you well.

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi As Minister Of Works by MrSinister(m): 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2023
lazkizz:
what do you think about this letter to Dave umahi ??

Dear Minister Dave Umahi, kindly permit me to share my thoughts with you.

1. Your biggest challenge is money. Nigeria has a huge infrastructure deficit estimated at N10trn and with your ministry's annual budgetary allocation of N300bn, you can barely construct 200km of road in a year. Without money, your hands are tied. Assume every day that you have zero budget! What would you do?

2. We must move to long-term money for roads. HE Fashola started the HDMI, we need to rapidly implement it. I am not sure about the current tax for infrastructure programs because the govt needs revenue. Dangote, NNPC, everybody must pay taxes now. You need to hold the ICRC and move to tolling and concession. FG roads are economic roads, they have to generate income for either the FG or the concessionaire.

3. We need to float an infrastructure bond. N5 - N10trn and let Nigerians invest in it with as little as N2,000.

4. Nigeria is very big and 4 years is very short. Prioritize roads based on traffic count and economic activities. It's the most logical thing to do.

5. Choose between Cement and Asphalt. Nigeria imports bitumen even though we have one of the biggest bitumen reserves in the world but we don't import cement.

6. Work with customs are regulate the importation of heavy axle trucks. Our roads have tonnage capacities except the importers of such trucks intend to drive them in their bedrooms. The trucks are mostly responsible for the damage on our roads.

7. At FEC, lend your voice to rail projects. Put pressure on the Minister in charge of rail to take his cargo off your roads. The Lagos - Calabar rail line is a priority. His KPI must involve the amount of cargo moved by rail per annum, not just passenger traffic.

You are a good man, you will succeed and I wish you well.

Very bright ideas. Unfortunately, he is not on Nairaland and the APC agents here are more interested in spreading propaganda and sowing discord amongst the populace. They will never notify their principals on ideas to move Nigeria forward.

(1) (Reply)

Business IT Support In London: Enhancing Efficiency And Growth / Unveiling The Creative Marvel: Canvas Edition / Cashgpt Empire Review: Next Cool Training Created By Alessandro Zamboni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.