Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London (1133 Views)

Generator Thief Caught And Tied To An Electric Pole In Abuja (Photos) / Commercial Driver Attacks LASTMA Official With Pestle (Graphic Picture) / #EndSARS Protesters Hail A Traffic Warden In Abuja, Give Him Money, Food (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by Ilekokonit: 2:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
Oyinbo driver attacks Black traffic warden with wooden pole in London

See the 2 minute Youtube video below but because it is a fight, you will need to log into your Youtube account to be able to view it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cokt3hgEikQ

Andre Langlois
Fri, 25 August 2023 at 8:55 am BST·2-min read

Shocking footage shows a daylight street brawl between a disgruntled driver - and a traffic warden.

The fight broke out in the middle of a road in Manor Park, Newham, East London on August 16.

The clip - shot by a passer-by - shows the warden taking photos of a man’s van. The angry driver, who is dressed in a hi-vis, then grabs a wooden pole and starts attacking the officer - escalating in to a full-blooded fight.

Police said the warden suffered an injury to his finger and the other man was arrested.

The matter has since been resolved using a community resolution.

The witness who shot the video, who asked to remain anonymous, said: “To be honest it didn’t really phase me, as you see so much crime around that area.

“I didn’t think the man was going to get a piece of wood though. I was just glad it didn’t get out of hand.”

The witness said he was stuck on the street for around 10 minutes watching the fight.

He added: “I was just driving down the street but they were blocking the road so I couldn’t get through. I was driving to see my mate but couldn’t get through. There were a lot of people around watching.

“I had to drive an alternative route but when I drove past 10 minutes later they were still there. I presume they were waiting for the police.”

A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: “Police were called at 12:34hrs on Wednesday, August 16 to reports of an altercation between two men at Chesterford Road, E12.

“Officers attended. At the scene a 38-year-old man, a traffic warden, has suffered an injury to his finger. His injury did not require medical treatment. The victim’s earphones were also broken in the assault.”

They continued: “A 41-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and causing actual bodily harm.

“However, after speaking with the victim and the suspect, officers were able to resolve the incident by way of a community resolution.

“The victim agreed to accept payment from the suspect to replace the damaged earphones. The assault allegation was not proceeded with.”

A Newham Council spokesperson said: “We are pleased that the Police have taken immediate action to deal with this man, who attacked one of our staff as he was carrying out his duties.

“The prompt arrest underlines our own clear message of Newham’s zero tolerance policy to abuse and violence aimed at staff; we will always standby employees in pursuit of justice if they are victimised.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/newham-shocking-footage-driver-attacks-075547823.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHVV5ANfthqJtxkizx73od6UYzFRPJCTAKF48nZWEmAcElwcxkC0H4cE_a9d5Tw9CpTMWiHduvhmk5NpVjSvMblnxlouEpoTRnnRnrTIZsIDYJdIXOyNUwzuFb82PI3bL8jkBNmmvXM06zcpG-t_D7NJ0etGqqIT8W2pUSYuw_sz

1 Share

Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by TemplarLandry: 2:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by illicit(m): 2:12pm On Aug 25, 2023
grin
Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by EwuuGambia: 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2023
Who won?

Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by Ilekokonit: 2:22pm On Aug 25, 2023
EwuuGambia:
Who won?

See the second photo above.
Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by EwuuGambia: 2:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ilekokonit:

See the second photo above.

Doesn't mean he won.
He may be getting ready to drop Dolph Ziggler's ZigZag move on his opponent.

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by Visocrate(m): 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2023
Racism everywhere nepotism, cronyism.
favoritism, chauvinism and any other ism

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by tommy589(m): 2:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
The black warden did not disappoint cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by sleek214(m): 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2023
Racism in the UK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by sleek214(m): 2:54pm On Aug 25, 2023
Visocrate:
Racism everywhere from trump to the least on the street
That's not USA
Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by Treasure17(m): 2:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
That warden with Anthony Joshua skill.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by carvic(m): 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2023
Crazy fight but we already know who won.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by Nemesis0147(m): 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2023
They will be the first to attack and dy no get strength 😂

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by Gadafii: 7:38pm On Aug 25, 2023
I see that he’s already going down with his weapon, case closed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by Ilekokonit: 11:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
sleek214:
Racism in the UK

True talk and its getting worse by the day.

I once had cause to tell a desk staff in a London police station that if she was not as old as my age, then I came to the UK before her.

For those who are observant and can see beyond the headlines, disdain for black people in the UK has increased in the past few months since the home secretary Suella Braverman came up with her policy to deport Asylum Seekers from the UK to Rwanda and forcing them onto a Barge Floating Prison in a city where the residents don't want them without testing the water supply on the barge which turned out to be infected with the deadly legionnaires disease.

I applied for a job last week and was phoned up by a lady from their recruitment team for pre-interview screening. Obviously they were impressed with my CV as someone else had told me a few days ago of the impending call.

The lady called me and the only 2 questions she asked me were about 1) if I had the right to work in the UK and 2) If I was aware of the salary on offer.

To question 1) I told her I had a British Passport but because her line was bad she did not hear me properly (and she refused my offer to call her back). So, to clear any miscommunication, I told her I was born in London and for some reason she was offended by this and retorted that she was only asking me if I had a UK passport.

To question 2) I told her that the salary on offer was not stated on the job Ad and she retorted that surely it must be and I told her I was looking at the Ad as we spoke and there is no salary mentioned thereon. She grudgingly went behind the scenes and stated the salary and asked if I was OK with that and I said Yes.

The call took a total of 5 minutes at the most and the only 2 questions she asked were 1) about my residency status and 2) about the salary they are offering but I could sense that she was not happy about something from her tone.

In hindsight now, i think when she looked at the salary behind the scenes she must have thought to herself that that salary was probably a multiple of hers (a white woman working in HR) but she fails to realise that I work in ICT and you can't compare HR salaries with ICT salaries.

But maybe she has something against a black man with an African Accent earning multiples of her HR salary.

In a nutshell, after that 5 minute non technical phone call, she sent me an email saying that after careful consideration, I had not been selected to proceed to the next stage.

Normally, I don't reply such emails but on this occasion, I replied her email by asking her how that 5 minute non technical phone call we had (where the only 2 questions she asked were 1) about my residency status and 2) about the salary they are offering ) amounted to after careful consideration.

She has not replied till date 'cos she knew I already sussed her out.

For good measure, I searched the web and copied in the email address of their careers office and I also asked in the email if that lady was the best person the company had to screen applicants in a 2023 Britain that is multi ethnic.

They have not replied to date and its 48 hours ago that I sent them the email reply.

Slowly but surely, since the Asylum seekers were being picked on and labelled as unworthy to be in the UK by the home secretary and the press, if you have been a keen follower of UK society and politics, you will notice that the UK is becoming more and more hostile to ALL black people and this can explain why that idiotic Oyinbo man in the above video decided to get a wooden plank and attack a black traffic warden who was only doing his job.

The sad thing is that the traffic warden (despite being injured on his hand by the wooden plank) told police that he did not want to press charges against the oyinbo man and that he was happy to accept some monetary compensation from his assailant for his damaged head phones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by Namaster: 11:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
If this happened in UK, someone would have been shot dead.
Re: Oyinbo Driver Attacks Black Traffic Warden With Wooden Pole In London by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:44am On Aug 26, 2023
Na wa o..i have never really liked UK.make God help black staying there.e no easy

(1) (Reply)

How An Igbo Man And His Son Killed A Yoruba Woman In Ogun State / Brother Killed Sister Over Land In Lagos. / House Help Who Murder Magistrate Now To Die By Hanging(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.