Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

10 Scientifically Proven Facts About Sperm Cells - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Scientifically Proven Facts About Sperm Cells (219 Views)

What You Should Know About Sperm. / How To Cure Pimples Using Sperm Cells / How Cell Phones Damage Your Sperm Cells And Causes Infertility In Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Scientifically Proven Facts About Sperm Cells by Treshmike(m): 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
I teach Human Anatomy and Physiology and love sharing facts about the human body. For this platform, I will begin with the sperm cells. Here are 10 things you should know about the human sperm.

1. Sperm cells are produced in the testis commonly called balls due to their texture. You have two testes located outside the body and covered by the scrotum.

2. The testes produce over 100 million sperm cells every day but it takes 64 - 74 days for them to mature. This process is called spermatogenesis.

3. The sperm cell is the smallest cell in men.

4. Wearing tight pants or boxers can lower sperm production. This is because the testes needs temperature that is 2 - 5 times lower than body temperature to function. So when you wear tight pants, you force your testis to embrace your body which is too hot for it to function.

5. The testes were formed in the abdomen but they descended down to the scrotum because body temperature is too hot for them to produce sperm cells.

6. Low sperm count is when you have less than 15 million sperm cells in 1 milliliter of semen.

7. A man with low sperm count can still get a woman pregnant if most of the sperm cells are healthy and in good shape.

8. Swallowing sperm cells is generally safe if there are no sexually transmitted infections. Infact, studies have proven semen to be a source of protein.

9. Sperm cells can spend as long as 3 - 5 days in the female body waiting for an egg to fertilize.

10. During fertilization, a sperm cell only contributes its nucleus. Every other part of the zygote like the cytoplasm and organelles come from the egg cell.

Do you have questions or contributions regarding these facts? Let's read them.

I also made a YouTube video on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JA_DBRjzjw?si=x9fnHbJW2thvqpVV

I

(1) (Reply)

Increase Your Blood Hemoglobin In One Week With These Easy Steps / Feeling Restless? Here’s What You Should Know About ADHD / Maternity Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.