Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,101 members, 7,845,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Former Super Eagles Captain Set To Coach Super Eagles Of Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Former Super Eagles Captain Set To Coach Super Eagles Of Nigeria (308 Views)

I’m Ready To Coach Super Eagles Again – Sunday Oliseh / I Want To Coach Chelsea – Mikel Obi / Super Eagles Captain Mikel Obi Meets APC Leader Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Super Eagles Captain Set To Coach Super Eagles Of Nigeria by Tundetech2: 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2023
He amassed 65 appearances for Nigeria, serving as their first-choice goalkeeper at both the 1994 and 1998 FIFA World Cups.

Former Super Eagles goalkeeper and captain, Peter Rufai has now declared himself a candidate for the job of goalie coach for the Super Eagles setup.

In an open interview with Mitchell Obi on Sports Salsa (Kennis 104.1FM), Rufai expressed his readiness to use his vast experience to help the national team's goalkeepers progress.

The former goalie made it clear how committed he was to improving the goalkeeping skills of the national team members when he said,

He expressed, “I’m ready for them. To show them techniques of goalkeeping. I’m waiting to be one of the Super Eagles coaches sometime, someday.

“We have goalkeepers but something is missing. You can’t give what you don’t have. We have the talents. Goalkeeping goes beyond catching the ball.”

Rufai represented Nigeria in two World Cups and as many Africa Cup of Nations tournaments.

He amassed 65 appearances for Nigeria, serving as their first-choice goalkeeper at both the 1994 and 1998 FIFA World Cups. He also assisted the Super Eagles in winning the African Cup of Nations in Tunisia in 1994.

Rufai scored a penalty in a 6-0 home victory against Ethiopia on July 24, 1993, in a CHAN qualification game.

Source: Pulse Sports Nigeria

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/former-super-eagles-captain-peter-rufai-set-to-coach-nigeria-2023082611045115634

Re: Former Super Eagles Captain Set To Coach Super Eagles Of Nigeria by attat(m): 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2023
Big fan but just go cash out ur share.
NFf na d problem with Nigeria national team. Rufia no go fit do shit unless he is given a few hand wic I know corruption no go gree
Re: Former Super Eagles Captain Set To Coach Super Eagles Of Nigeria by kestolove95(m): 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2023
Baba to dey look for work ..
Re: Former Super Eagles Captain Set To Coach Super Eagles Of Nigeria by Visocrate(m): 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2023
Pray you get it we need experience home base player to unite and move the team

(1) (Reply)

Lamine Yamal Got Applause From Villarreal Fans / Transfer Deadline Day: Chelsea Confirm Palmer;Salah To Saudi; Amrabat To Man u / Rio Ferdinand Issues Warning To Andre Onana Following His Error Against Bayern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.