Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,141 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Car Registration/licensing - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Registration/licensing (1321 Views)

4ur Car Registration,plate Number,tinted Permit,road Worthines...all N 24hrs / For Your New Car Registration(plate Number,change Of Ownership E.t.c / Car Registration In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Car Registration/licensing by mudom(m): 10:09am On Sep 11, 2007
Hi folks,

I just a got Mazda MPV, but have had challenges locating the engine number, so i put the licensing on hold.

All i was able to get was the chasis number, which is also the VIN.

The user manual does show me where it is, but i would definitely require dismantling some parts to get to it.

Please any advice in the house? I have had opinions like american spec of cars are usually licensed with just the VIN, is this true? If so any experiences with Police?

Any advice in the house.?
Re: Car Registration/licensing by jericho: 10:50am On Sep 11, 2007
Mfon,

All cars have engine numbers. The VIN number definitely aint the engine number. Cars from North America usually have VIN numbers to identify and track them.

Had a toyota camry once, had trouble locating the engine number, but finally found it.

Get a mech to locate it for you. It is definitely on the engine block.

Cheers,

Jericho
Re: Car Registration/licensing by appetitto(m): 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2007
Check on the web for the location of engine no for that specific vehicle.
A mechanic for Mazda, that knows such vehicles might be helpful. The mechanic that does not know might mess you up and give you the wrong engine no. I have had the experience once
To be on the safest side, check on the web .

(1) (Reply)

1999 Mercedes Benz Ml: With 3years Useage / Ford Mustang Convertible: 1999 Model ATTACHED WITH MORE PICTURES NOW / 2001 Toyota Camry Le For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.