Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle (23829 Views)

Patrick Doyle Remarries / Rita Dominic, Fidelis Anosike Are In Love — Patrick Doyle / Patrick Doyle Celebrates Wife Ireti On 15th Wedding Anniversary, Admits Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Rapmoney(m): 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2023
Veteran Nollywood actor, Patrick Doyle, has slammed Grammy-winning singer, Damini Ogulu, popularly known as Burnaboy, saying the singer does not deserve all the credit he gets.

Doyle stated in a post on social media that Burnaboy does not deserve the credit for recent feats in Nigerian music, adding that the ‘last last’ crooner has done ‘nothing’ to be described as great.

He said, “The credit for the feats that appear to be puffing the likes of Burna Boy up have to be properly ascribed to the greats who cleared the thorny paths that have created pathways for his likes to walk through practically effortlessly.

“Burna Boy has not by himself done anything that can be remotely described as great. He and his peers are recipients of the labours of heroes past. They need to be humble and respectful of their diligent and truly pioneering predecessors.

Great artistes like SunnyAde, Fela Anikulapo, Majek Fashek , I, k. Dairo and a galaxy of others who paved the way from the 60s, to the 2000s. Greatness and great feats don’t exist in a vacuum.

Let us not contribute to the creation of an arrogant and obnoxious monster
.” Patrick Doyle noted.

Burnaboy in a recent interview with Apple Music’s Zane Lowe in New York, claimed that most Nigerian songs lack ‘substance.’

His words, “90 percent of them (Nigerian musicians) have no real life experiences which is why most of Nigerian music or African music or Afrobeats as people call it, is mostly about nothing, literally nothing.

“There is no substance to it — like, nobody is talking about anything in it. it is just a great time. It’s an amazing time. But at the end of the day, life is not an amazing time. No matter how nice of a time you are having now or you had at some point or you plan to have, you are still going to face life.”

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/patrick-doyle-slams-burnaboy-says-hes-undeserving-of-being-labelled-great/

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 31, 2023
He simply dislike his arrogance
Truly Burner can be arrogant sha but I'm so blinded to see any of all his faults.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Rapmoney(m): 5:42pm On Aug 31, 2023
Do you think Uncle Patrick is right?

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Rapmoney(m): 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
He simply dislike his arrogance
Truly Burner can be arrogant sha but I'm blinded to all his fault

He is somewhat over hyped. He copies the late Fela.

206 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2023
Rapmoney:

He is somewhat over hyped. He copies the late Fela.
They all copy someone
Raw talent is scarce these days

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Edoreborn: 5:47pm On Aug 31, 2023
Pride

8 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Treasure17(m): 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2023
The guy is simply overrated. Still respect the doings of Davido, Wiz and Olamide compared to burna. Don't listen to his songs anyway.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by NwaAmaikpe: 6:01pm On Aug 31, 2023
shocked

This sounds a bit like jealousy and I relate to it.
Burna boy is really brainwashing our women; all they do is compare us with him.
Small thing, "press my yansh like Burna".

I just hope Patrick's new wife is not obsessed with Burna.
Because the worst mistake I made this year was to hit-and-run a Burna Boy groupie.
I later got an email from her which read,

Ye!!!
I can't believe this is real life.

I've been dying on the low, but last last, your odogwu was inside me causing collateral damage and boy it's plenty.
NwaAmaikpe is this how your Big 7 has been Killin Dem? Anybody wey taste your gbona can bank on it that it gives the high of sitting on top of the world or being inside a rollercoaster.

I know I am only 23 and it is way too big for me, but I want it all.

Na so I go gum body till I go pin you for my hand, and for me alone.

Lost in Love,

Your Taliban II.
Yaba Buluku.

204 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by chopnaira: 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2023
Burna boy is good, atleast for the age group that listens to his music, but that thing called pride is slowly eating him up.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by bigdammyj: 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2023
Noted.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by delugajackson: 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2023
Burna Boy has paid his dues. He has made a mark, even if not in comparison to his predecessors but then their time is over. A new cat is on the block. Put some respect on his name.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Vyzz: 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2023
cool
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by drizslim(m): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2023
misplaced priorities

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2023
My own is how can you be on stage in Nigeria and become a lunatic

But in foreign countries you act like Santa clause

Then believe without us you going high

21 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by itsme01: 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2023
cool

Burna boy go fire back at Afrobeat, Nigeria and Nigerians

That guy low key thinks he is bigger than Nigeria, he is now international

19 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by frankmoney(m): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2023
You might hate his arrogance . But he is actually a good singer

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Scammerr(m): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2023
Patrick ole alagbado

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by GaybigBoy(m): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2023
Thank you sir. Burnaboy is just one overhyped musician noting more full of his dirty self

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by pweeryambre: 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2023
I feel thesame way too, burna boy and his big head

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Nahunger(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
grin cheesy
E don reach like that 😅😅
This world is not my home 🥹
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by LegallyBlunt: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
“The credit for the feats that appear to be puffing the likes of Burna Boy up have to be properly ascribed to the greats who cleared the thorny paths that have created pathways for his likes to walk through practically effortlessly."

Holl-up, Holl-up

Did I read correctly? Where's all the venom and bile coming from? I don't really listen to music, but I appreciate talent and originality when I see one.

Sir Doyle, would you appreciate being called a crass, talentless, and unworthy presenter & actor by people who do not understand and appreciate your craft?

Burna has his issues. They're well-documented and available online. However, saying that he is not a legend goes way overboard.

The fact is this is Burnas time and season, much like Wizkid and Davido.

Of course, we can't compare him to Fela and other legends he obviously emulates, or as you said, paved the way. But this your take on him not being a legend is nothing but a personal vendetta against his person and musical career.

Let me remind you, Mr. Doyle that each sector or section of the world has predecessors that set the tone or paved the way. Nigerian music is no different.

If you must attack Burna, attack his person or personality. But you see music? Burna is a legend in his own right. Even in the eyes of the world, including those who deemed it fit to recognize his name and music with various awards.

He has won a Grammy.

The facts speak for itself.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by MakingBestDesig: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2023

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Felix6: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
G
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by 123yes(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
Me i Know know ooh.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by frugal(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
Treasure17:
The guy is simply overrated. Still respect the doings of Davido, Wiz and Olamide compared to burna. Don't listen to his songs anyway.
Be honest, Burna boy does better songs than those names you mentioned.

That afrobeat interview was just senseless talk from Burna Boy. I'm sure he regrets it now.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by gfon(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
Oga Patrick rest 👌

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Renderingbest: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
Man is good in his own way too, no doubt.

6 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
Last last, everyone must eat breakfast.

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by gfon(m): 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2023
Rapmoney:
Do you think Uncle Patrick is right?
make him go sit down

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by sylve11: 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2023
Lol 😆 🤣 😂 cool
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by lailo: 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2023
Imagine if it is a Yoruba man saying this to the Biafra man, heaven must fall today grin grin

15 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Williams Uchemba Bags An Endorsement Deal With Pennek / God Gave Alibaba's Phone Number To Me - Lady / Toke Makinwa slams those who say she sleeps around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.