Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? (1816 Views)

Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? / Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? / Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by Utsmandanfodio: 8:36am On Sep 02, 2023
Despite having the largest population, you will hardly see them talked about in western countries, why?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by TemplarLandry: 8:36am On Sep 02, 2023
Get your facts right.
You'll see them en masse in UAE, Saudi, Somalia, Sudan, even in Niger.

16 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by PUSSYHOE(m): 8:41am On Sep 02, 2023
Them dey travel o but not advanced countries like most of us in the South they prefer Islamic states or Islamic dominated. They do it codedly with ease self with religion.

9 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by Frigga13: 8:48am On Sep 02, 2023
They travel a lot ..

USA
Britain
Japan
Australia

Only that they don’t stay.. like southerners

They do their things .. Education or business and return..

Every northerner Muslim dream is Oman..

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by eteebanky: 8:50am On Sep 02, 2023
Go to Sudan, Saudi, Somalia, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and all those Arabic countries

You'll see them there

Technically, southern people are soooo different from them

The person that merge us to form a country is very clueless

Northern states will be better off, if they merge them with Niger country

Southern states would have been better off without them also.......so it's a win win

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by Wainey: 8:50am On Sep 02, 2023
That is just USA na.
How about charts from UAE, Egypt, Somali, Niger, Qatar etc?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by Mekus68: 8:52am On Sep 02, 2023
Because their minds are not fashioned for development but for religion, that's why they travel only to Islamic countries mostly for religious pilgrimages rather than development.
That's why of all their travels, yet no meaningful development in their rural communities unlike in the south where almost all the states are gradually becoming mega cities courtesy of individuals not the government.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by melonsgroup: 8:52am On Sep 02, 2023
aboki no feet pass interview for U.S embassy now

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by helinues: 8:54am On Sep 02, 2023
If they are happy at their home land, no need of going to other places and be struggling.

Sometimes when you consider people living in urban areas, more than average of them are only working to pay bills,after bills, it's back to square zero

BTW, Northerners do travel though no in enmass like Southerners. They don't like to make noise like we Southerners. I have met reasonable number of Northerners outside Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by Okwyjesus(m): 9:01am On Sep 02, 2023
Utsmandanfodio:
Despite having the largest population, you will hardly see them talked about in western countries, why?

Honestly l don't know YORUBAS are more travelled this much than lgbos in US.
I thought they are majorly in UK.

Very impressive...

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by FreeStuffsNG: 9:06am On Sep 02, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Get your facts right.
God bless you sir. There are even significant number of multigenerational black Palestinians who trace their origin to Northern Nigeria. Like a century ago, their ancestors moved from Nigeria to settle in Palestine in solidarity with the Palestinians and Islam. Some stayed back while some kept moving back and forth. There's an ancient trade route from northern Nigeria to the whole Northern Africa that's still active till today for moving goods to Northern Africa.

There's a particular popular cap Northern Africans and Arabs wear, they source it from Northern Nigeria. In fact, in one aljazeera documentary, an Arabian merchant in Egypt or so acknowledged that they source those caps only from Northern Nigeria because that's only where the original authentic brand of that cap comes from.
There's so much ignorance most Youths in the South have about the North and it's so sad.
The North has produced a lot of best graduating students in the top southern universities more than most even know.

If you attend top Nigerian universities located in the SW like UNILAG, UI and OAU to study the top courses like Pharmacy, Medicine, Engineering, Maths/Statistics, Agriculture, you must have met at least one of those Northerners. They are geniuses and most are so integrated that you may not even know that they are Northerners. Some speak Yoruba very fluently and most that I know are from Kano, Kaduna and Borno. Kano leads though, probably because of their huge population I can't say 100% or as a state policy. The few I know are proteges of Kwankwaso

proeast:

Smh. I can see that your stark ignorance is giving you blissful satisfaction. Go on and keep wasting your time and life scoffing

18 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by proeast(m): 9:09am On Sep 02, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
God bless you sir. There are even multigenerational black Palestinians who trace their origin to Northern Nigeria. Like a century ago, their ancestors moved from Nigeria to settle in Palestine in solidarity with the Palestinians and Islam. Some stayed back while some kept moving back and forth. There's an ancient trade route from northern Nigeria to the whole Northern Africa that's still active till today for moving goods to Northern Nigeria.

There's a particular popular cap Northern Africans and Arabs wear, they source it from Northern Nigeria. In fact, in one aljazeera documentary, a merchant acknowledged that they source those caps only from Northern Nigeria because that's only where the original authentic brand of that cap comes from.
There's so much ignorance most Youths in the South have about the North and it's so sad.
The North has produced a lot of best graduating students in the top southern universities more than most even know.

If you attend top Southern universities in the SW like UNILAG, UI and OAU to study the top courses like Pharmacy, Medicine, Engineering, Maths/Statistics, Agriculture, you must have met at least one of those Northerners. They are geniuses and most are so integrated that you may not even know that they are Northerners. Some speak Yoruba very fluently and most that I know are from Kano, Kaduna and Borno.

This one don write epistle to eulogize their masters grin grin

Simple question someone asked, why don't they travel at least relative to Southerners and this one wrote a whole book without even answering the damn question. He even politicized it by mentioning Kwankwaso and how you can meet one Northerner studying medicine, Engineering and how they can be genuises grin grin A region that is the most populated in Nigeria yet he made it appear like seeing just one single Northerner in SW universities is such a huge achievement. This sort of human worship is shameful.

No wonder the situation in Illorin has become so pathetic grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by Antimandatethie(m): 9:12am On Sep 02, 2023
helinues:
If they are happy at their home land, no need of going to other places and be struggling.

Sometimes when you consider people living in urban areas, more than average of them are only working to pay bills,after bills, it's back to square zero

BTW, Northerners do travel though no in enmass like Southerners. They don't like to make noise like we Southerners. I have met reasonable number of Northerners outside Nigeria

chai! helinues your and lies, have you ever been out of this country?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by helinues: 9:13am On Sep 02, 2023
Antimandatethie:

chai! helinues your and lies, have ever been out of this country?

No I have not

Happy now?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by olisaEze(m): 9:14am On Sep 02, 2023
Northerners also travel/migrate like everyone else in Nigeria. Their destination might not be the same with yours because of 3 factors, motivation, information & culture. For example, all the abokis selling fruits at the junction of my street travelled home en masse to vote for their broda GMB in 2015. By 2017 they all came running back on the backs of lorries with many more of their brothers and wives because of poverty & insecurity! The destination on your mind is not necessarily the same for your neighbor, but all na the same travel! grin

7 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by Godwin4444: 9:14am On Sep 02, 2023
proeast:

This one don write epistle to eulogize their masters grin grin

Simple question someone asked, why don't they travel at least relative to Southerners and this one wrote a whole book without even answering the damn question.

No wonder the situation in Illorin has become so pathetic grin grin
though d comment he made might b too much for u to comprehend but d basis is that northerners travel like southerners do too but they don’t make noise n don’t commit crimes wherever they go so they are relatively unknown

Unlike Eze of everywhere in obodoyibo that will always n arrested or the emekas that will always b on death row for one crime or d others

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by BoldBrainz(m): 9:15am On Sep 02, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Get your facts right.

OP is right. Northerners don't explore. Those places you listed are literally their other homes. And it's even the rich ones that do these travels. The average northerner is very confined to his space. They're mostly timid, except when in packs and in areas where the atmosphere promotes their religious excesses.

10 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by Antimandatethie(m): 9:15am On Sep 02, 2023
helinues:

No I have not

Happy now?

Fair enough cheesy
Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by BoldBrainz(m): 9:17am On Sep 02, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
God bless you sir. There are even multigenerational black Palestinians who trace their origin to Northern Nigeria. Like a century ago, their ancestors moved from Nigeria to settle in Palestine in solidarity with the Palestinians and Islam. Some stayed back while some kept moving back and forth. There's an ancient trade route from northern Nigeria to the whole Northern Africa that's still active till today for moving goods to Northern Africa.

There's a particular popular cap Northern Africans and Arabs wear, they source it from Northern Nigeria. In fact, in one aljazeera documentary, a merchant acknowledged that they source those caps only from Northern Nigeria because that's only where the original authentic brand of that cap comes from.

If you attend top Southern universities in the SW like UNILAG, UI and OAU to study the top courses like Pharmacy, Medicine, Engineering, Maths/Statistics, Agriculture, you must have met at least one of those Northerners. They are geniuses and most are so integrated that you may not even know that they are Northerners. Some speak Yoruba very fluently and most that I know are from Kano, Kaduna and Borno. Kano leads though, probably because of their huge population I can't say 100% or as a state policy. The few I know are proteges of Kwankwaso

Smh. I can see that your stark ignorance is giving you blissful satisfaction. Go on and keep wasting your time and life scoffing

This entire epistle is just you eulogising your fine mood this morning. The average northerner doesn't travel or explore, and that's not even supposed to be a subject for debate.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by proeast(m): 9:19am On Sep 02, 2023
eteebanky:
Go to Sudan, Saudi, Somalia, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and all those Arabic countries

You'll see them there

Technically, southern people are soooo different from them

The person that merge us to form a country is very clueless

Northern states will be better off, if they merge them with Niger country

Southern states would have been better off without them also.......so it's a win win

Merging Niger with NW (without Southern Kaduna) and NE (without Taraba, Bauchi and Adamawa) would have been a perfect arrangement but no, they lumped together people from very diverse backgrounds that are strange to each other. Yet you wonder why we are having chaos.

SMH.

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by proeast(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2023
Godwin4444:
though d comment he made might b too much for u to comprehend but d basis is that northerners travel like southerners do too but they don’t make noise n don’t commit crimes wherever they go so they are relatively unknown

Unlike Eze of everywhere in obodoyibo that will always n arrested or the emekas that will always b on death row for one crime or d others

Shut up your mouth, especially when you're completely ignorant!

Did you even see the data op presented, which he used to base his argument?

You saw percentages of different ethnicities in Nigeria, including Edoid yet the region with the largest concentration of Nigeria's population wasn't represented at all.

Did anyone make noise or someone just presented a graph? Look at the dumb nitwits I'm sharing a country with. SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by proeast(m): 9:27am On Sep 02, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Very impressive...

Yoruba speaking doesn't mean they're only those from Nigeria. Those from Benin are included as well. Secondly, many Igbos don't really make it a priority teaching their kids to speak Igbo until recently when awareness on it started gaining ground.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by Ritchiee: 9:29am On Sep 02, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Very impressive...
We have always known because we see the census data but our Eastern brothers will always argue.
Yorubas have always loved travelling especially to where they can get better livelihood than their land and also for leisure.
They are the only people according to the Oyinbo media that you will see where there is no other African.
The difference is that they don't make noise about all these things until our brothers began to pinch them aggressively cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by id4sho(m): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2023
My Igbo friend said USA is the capital of the world cheesy. We travel to western countries for education, businesses and work, Come back afterwards. Some choose to spend their lives there.

For instance, their are many pharmaceutical companies in Kano, they send their kids abroad to study and come back to establish in the manufacturing sector or market consumables imported straight from abroad, franchise etc
Read the profile of the newly appointed naseni DG. You will get the jerk.

I have lived in many states in Nigeria due to my father's job. There are worldly things you will get to in Kano with exception of Lagos, I repeat with the exception of Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by ehikwe22: 9:56am On Sep 02, 2023
Frigga13:
They travel a lot ..

USA
Britain
Japan
Australia

Only that they don’t stay.. like southerners

They do their things .. Education or business and return..

Every northerner Muslim dream is to Oman..

They don't stay? Then they don't travel.

We're not talking about multimillionaires travelling, we're talking about poor Nigerians, selling lands, borrowing money etc to travel and hustle

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by ehikwe22: 9:57am On Sep 02, 2023
id4sho:
My Igbo friend said USA is the capital of the world cheesy. We travel to western countries for education, businesses and work, Come back afterwards. Some choose to spend their lives there.

For instance, their are many pharmaceutical companies in Kano, they send their kids abroad to study and come back to establish in the manufacturing sector or market consumables imported straight from abroad, franchise etc
Read the profile of the newly appointed naseni DG. You will get the jerk.

I have lived in many states in Nigeria due to my father's job. There are worldly things you will get to in Kano with exception of Lagos, I repeat with the exception of Lagos
The number is limited. Only few people can afford to travel this way you painted, hence the limited number

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by ehikwe22: 10:00am On Sep 02, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Very impressive...
I've always known that Yoruba are more in US and UK but the Igbos are more in every other places - that's in more than 100 - 150 other countries; both developed and undeveloped that's why everyone believe that Igbos travel more

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by fk001(m): 10:01am On Sep 02, 2023
We travel out but just for vacation, study and business but we always come back to our home state.

I and my siblings with friends have travelled to various Western countries, but we came back after what took us there.

Also, Northerners get their visa with ease as long as you applied for it and willing to travel, The VO won't even ask so many questions if they see you are from Northern Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by Uyomiya: 10:30am On Sep 02, 2023
helinues:

No I have not

Happy now?

You don't want to be useful in life ?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by Okwyjesus(m): 10:41am On Sep 02, 2023
ehikwe22:

I've always known that Yoruba are more in US and UK but the Igbos are more in every other places - that's in more than 100 - 150 other countries; both developed and undeveloped that's why everyone believe that Igbos travel more

Yeah. That's insightful.

Honestly this widely travelled team have a key to our future. India and China turnaround was their diasporal.
Re: Why Don't Northerners Travel Out Like Southerners? by bdon12: 10:43am On Sep 02, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Get your facts right.
Not true...not like igbo n yorubas

(1) (2) (Reply)

New In Kaduna! / Hong Kong, Anyone Please! / Are They Nigerian In Czech Republic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.