Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Ugly Truth About Life - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ugly Truth About Life (2190 Views)

Victoria Irabor, Wife Of Chief Of Defense Writes About Life Of A Military Wife / The Ugly Truth Behind The Ugliest Zodiac Sign: Who Is It? / 6 Things Everyone Needs To Know About Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugly Truth About Life by CaveAdullam: 12:09am On Sep 04, 2023
1. What you'll become in life is positively correlated with your family background and the surrounding environmental influences.

The possibility of breaking out from a vicious cycle of familial poverty is ultra-thin. There are high chances of dying poor when you are procreated from poor gametes.

2. Geography determines your destiny. The place where you spend most of your time is a factor that either helps you achieve your dreams or die a dreamer.

Poorer and undeveloped countries have the highest number of squandered talents and frustrated ambitious people. The only way these people can manage to succeed in the most reasonable ways is through:

A. Migration to a better geography.

B. Wrestling with ugly powers withholding change.

However, both are difficult.

3. People show sympathy out of pretense. Doing so makes them feel alright and not because they want to help you. When you seek their help, they degrade you.

4. You can't gain something from anyone when you lack something. Appeal to pity isn't a better strategy. People would rather help a rich man who loses some investment than a poor man struggling for breakfast.

Reason: People believe that in a short time, the rich will bounce back. But the poor man has no hope.

If you're poor, find anything to hold on to and leverage. But some do leverage vices though, which ends in trouble + it's a myopic strategy to success.

5. People don't value wisdom. The beautiful and charming fool is more appreciated than the sage. People only value wisdom when they are in dire need. But when they've convalesced, they are lured by glittering masks.

6. You're loved to the extent of how usable you are. The higher the attraction towards you is an indication of the volume of value you produce.

Ants go to sugar; moths to light bulbs; parasites to healthy hosts.

You're not loved. You're just a tool. A means to an end.

To solve this problem, start a relationship as a business and see if it will end in kindness. Except in conditions where the opposite end is starting with kindness.

7. You want favors. You want promises. Because they're shortcuts to your desires. Because they tend to make you want to work less. However, they're dangerous.

Unfulfilled promises and favors drain you more than making several trials and attempts. It blocks your ambitions and reduces your speed.

Don't make promises. Give at that moment when you can. Don't tell anyone tomorrow when you don't know if you'll see tomorrow. And don't take promises to heart.

8. Everyone you'll come across in life will tell you they have a high preference for truth. But what they are trying to say is "they have a high preference for statements, ideas or opinions that don't offend their ego". Tell them something that runs counter to their sentiments and they'll unleash hades on you.

The average person is either a con man or a liar. Probably, both.

9. Nobody is coming to help you. Don't think of any. On a deeper level, all humans need help.

You'll see help along the way. But start to walk alone.

10. Contentment is a hoax. You think you'll be satisfied if you have just one. And if you gain one, you want two to make you feel comfortable; three to have some in your reservoir; four to save for the future; five to help your loved ones; six to boost your ego; seven to make you become a ruler...it never ends.

Bonus: Gift is a form of power. Cunning people used it to bid time. They're coming to leverage that gift for a needed job. Make an exchange when necessary as it saves you from being a pawn on people's boards.

Thanks.

58 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by MSN1(m): 12:24am On Sep 04, 2023
OP, you made 100% sense and they are all very valid. Of a truth, I have made a lot of your points in my posts but as usual an average human resists knowledge, very pathetic!
The only issue in your post is that you fail to add God or having a strong Faith and Patience.
If u don't believe in God, please do because a lot of people are creating different unrealistic theories for themselves.
For Christ sake; Someone that created u from scratch, u wake up one morning and start creating theories about the person, HUMANS FOOLISH SHA.

10 Likes

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by LikeAking: 12:25am On Sep 04, 2023
Great!

1 Like

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by MSN1(m): 12:31am On Sep 04, 2023
The Migration to other parts of life is one thing that is very difficult but it is the best way to get to your dreams.
The few people that had/will have the courage to move out of their zone MUST experience greatness.
I laugh at people telling me to be comfortable with less than 100k job, saying it's a life time job because these people don't know that very few top successful people abandoned millions paying job to start from nothing and rose to Everything.

9 Likes

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by pansophist(m): 12:41am On Sep 04, 2023
On a deeper level, all humans need help.

A different way of saying that life is suffering. Beautiful post.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by Zonefree(m): 12:55am On Sep 04, 2023
3. People show sympathy out of pretense

Na this one sure pass.

How bb9ja housemates show sympathy for evicted contestants is the height of pretense.

It's a game..any evicted housemate takes you closer to the mula, why faking sympathy when you're in the show only for the mula?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by 9182736455O1999(m): 2:03am On Sep 04, 2023
MSN1:
OP, you made 100% sense and they are all very valid. Of a truth, I have made a lot of your points in my posts but as usual an average human resists knowledge, very pathetic!
The only issue in your post is that you fail to add God or having a strong Faith and Patience.
If u don't believe in God, please do because a lot of people are creating different unrealistic theories for themselves.
For Christ sake; Someone that created u from scratch, u wake up one morning and start creating theories about the person, HUMANS FOOLISH SHA.
How is not adding God to his post an issue?
Is it written anywhere in our constitution that one must add God to everything he does?
What if he's a traditional worshiper.

1 Like

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by MSN1(m): 2:18am On Sep 04, 2023
9182736455O1999:

How is not adding God to his post an issue?
Is it written anywhere in our constitution that one must add God to everything he does?
What if he's a traditional worshiper.
Everything is wrong without putting God. Having any fetish belief is not the problem here but Inability to know that; WE ARE ALL PENCILS IN D HANDS OF THE CREATOR is.
Being a traditional worshipper is also wrong.
I have seen a lot of people who wasted 80% of their lives in traditional worshipping only to realise the truth at a late stage in life.
I am not forcing my belief on anyone neither am I interested in being schooled on baseless assumptions but failure to say the truth; is very wrong.
Alhamdulilah.
Have a nice day.

4 Likes

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by seguno2: 8:39am On Sep 04, 2023
CaveAdullam:
1. What you'll become in life is positively correlated with your family background and the surrounding environmental influences.

The possibility of breaking out from a vicious cycle of familial poverty is ultra-thin. There are high chances of dying poor when you are procreated from poor gametes.

Thanks for your OP, and especially for the ultra thin possibility of breaking out of a vicious cycle of familial poverty.

How much of that is due to an unselfish work for greater socioeconomic outcomes from governments (local, state and federal) to reduce inequality by having progressive taxation and pricing of common services and goods?

Are we not who we are either because of our background, or despite it
Re: Ugly Truth About Life by GodWrites: 9:08am On Sep 04, 2023
The irony is that op is still poor grin
Re: Ugly Truth About Life by Stawner16(m): 9:17am On Sep 04, 2023
GodWrites:

Joke’s on you

3 Likes

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by Reminderz: 9:28am On Sep 04, 2023
GodWrites:
how does this correlates with the post? truly, stupid people don't know they are stupid, just like dead people don't know they are dead either... caveadullam, well done...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by GodWrites: 10:04am On Sep 04, 2023
Reminderz:

how does this correlates with the post? truly, stupid people don't know they are stupid, just like dead people don't know they are dead either... caveadullam, well done...

Cry me a river.
Re: Ugly Truth About Life by emmaodet: 10:23am On Sep 04, 2023
Good write up Mr Cave

3 Likes

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by emmaodet: 10:32am On Sep 04, 2023
pansophist:
On a deeper level, all humans need help.

A different way of saying that life is suffering. Beautiful post.

Or in another way, most of humans are not self reliant.
Very very very few percentage of humans are self reliant.
Reason why you will see people running away from Nigeria because no free education/school, no free health care and no free handout at old age.
They run away from Nigeria just to rely on the government of the west. Hardly self reliant.
The ones at home are hoping to bank and count on their children to support them at old age.
Either way, whether 3rd world or 1st world, it is either they are relying on government or children and that is bad enough.
Outsourcing your existence at the mercy of others

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by pansophist(m): 10:53am On Sep 04, 2023
emmaodet:

Reason why you will see people running away from Nigeria because no free education/school, no free health care and no free handout at old age.
They run away from Nigeria just to rely on the government of the west. Hardly self reliant.
The ones at home are hoping to bank and count on their children to support them at old age.
Either way, whether 3rd world or 1st world, it is either they are relying on government or children and that is bad enough.

I don't think migration is an expression of helplessness, but more of hopelessness. Nigerians move abroad because living in Nigeria is like pouring water in a basket, all your efforts don't hold. Criminals live better than the good man. The system rewards the worst in people.

Besides, not only the Western countries our kinsmen migrate to, but even those that migrated to Western countries must have paid their dues, such as paying taxes to qualify for benefits in the first place.

To be self-reliant, you need a working system. If you think you don't need the input of a healthy society for self-reliance, see if you can go live in the middle of a forest and rely on yourself completely. We are interdependent.

But how I understood what Cave is saying through that passage is that suffering is just part of life, and your money can't rescue you from it. Money can alleviate, not rescue. So in essence, we all need help.

For a start, we will all die, and we don't know when. Or maybe plagued by a sickness that has no cure, which makes your money irrelevant. Or maybe found out in your 70s that two of your kids aren't yours, or maybe a billionaire as wealthy as you deal with you with his own political connection. How will your wealth help you here?

Or maybe hit by a truck, or your private jet crashed or your wife poisoned you, or your bodyguard killed you, or your country was at war and you became poor overnight. There are so many things that can happen to a person that make their wealth useless.

That's how I understand that sentence, that we all need help in reality. It is the difference between material suffering and existential suffering. Your money can help materially, but not existentially. In reality, we are really helpless.

This also makes me think bragging and showing off is a fool's idea of glory. Such a person havent seen real problems, that's why. If correct problem wey go gym handle you, you go humble. grin

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by LandMann: 10:56am On Sep 04, 2023
MSN1:

Everything is wrong without putting God. Having any fetish belief is not the problem here but Inability to know that; WE ARE ALL PENCILS IN D HANDS OF THE CREATOR is.
I have seen a lot of people who wasted 80% of their lives in traditional worshipping only to realise the truth at a late stage in life.
I am not forcing my belief on anyone neither am I interested in being schooled on baseless assumptions but failure to say the truth; is very wrong.
Alhamdulilah.
Have a nice day.

You're one of the colonial agents sent to keep feeding religious gibberish into the subconscious of Nigerians and Africans at large

Your colleagues are in other threads sowing seeds of ethnic hatred.

Kindly keep quiet as you've been identified and tagged

4 Likes

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by Olawade24: 10:58am On Sep 04, 2023
Op base on your number 6 is it good to be in that condition to be love by tour kindness even when you know the people are using you.

How can I learn from the bitter truth of sacrificing for people just for them to applaud me at the expense of me wearing out or be worn out.

I hope you know what I mean. Let me hear from your own point of view on this matter.

1 Like

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by ItisWell22(f): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2023
💯
Re: Ugly Truth About Life by pansophist(m): 11:09am On Sep 04, 2023
Olawade24:
Op base on your number 6 is it good to be in that condition to be love by tour kindness even when you know the people are using you.

How can I learn from the bitter truth of sacrificing for people just for them to applaud me at the expense of me wearing out or be worn out.

I hope you know what I mean. Let me hear from your own point of view on this matter.

That's the difference between being a Mr. Nice guy and a good man.

The formula of ¨good¨ is to assist people without losing yourself. The formula of ¨nice¨ is to assist people while losing and sacrificing yourself.

So the answer to your question is a capital NO. refused to be loved by people who are using you. Their love is useless. It is like a parasite milking its host, of course, it will love the host, but the parasite's love is useless.

Lots of people put themselves up to be used due to a lack of confidence, self-respect, and self-assurance, that you also matter, your interests, values, desires, etc. Do not sacrifice this just to be in someone else good book.

Anyone that preconditioned fraternity on you being the nice guy in the union, then reject that union. Better to be hated and stand strong, than be loved but a beech.

7 Likes

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by Olawade24: 11:14am On Sep 04, 2023
MSN1:
The Migration to other parts of life is one thing that is very difficult but it is the best way to get to your dreams.
The few people that had/will have the courage to move out of their zone MUST experience greatness.
I laugh at people telling me to be comfortable with less than 100k job, saying it's a life time job because these people don't know that very few top successful people abandoned millions paying job to start from nothing and rose to Everything.
Pls I want you to make emphasis on that above statement, you mean someone will abandon a million monthly paying job and start from scratch. For real?

1 Like

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by Olawade24: 11:18am On Sep 04, 2023
MSN1:

Alhamdulilah.
Have a nice day.

Wait a second, but been a traditional is also a faith on his own. I don't get you. You seem to kind of contradict the whole thing. I taught as long you make penchant to a higher being is also a call to salvation on his own.

Or will you say because you a christian then a Muslim is a bad faith or is not of God. Pls let me know?
Re: Ugly Truth About Life by CaveAdullam: 11:50am On Sep 04, 2023
emmaodet:

They run away from Nigeria just to rely on the government of the west. Hardly self-reliant.
The ones at home are hoping to bank and count on their children to support them in old age.
Either way, whether 3rd world or 1st world, it is either they are relying on the government or children and that is bad enough.

Well done big boss.

I beg to differ. Reason because:

1. Humans are in a cycle. That cycle is interdependence. We're all connected despite differences in culture, socio-economic status, environment, or religion.

2. Your take on self-reliance is coming from a place of higher leverage. That's you have skills, tools, or qualities that you can utilize to meet your needs.

But can you meet your needs when you can't leverage them? Simply put: How can you be able to leverage your qualities or tools when there are no people to test them on?

You can be a commercial/subsistence farmer and can feed your family and your society. However, your knowledge of agriculture is irrelevant if you have no tools to work.

Or, do you want to first branch into craft making and the chemical industry to produce your cutlass or agrochemicals before starting to farm?

3. If your value is high, it means your leverage will be high and you can make good deals. That's what people mean by "self-reliance".

However, if your value becomes irrelevant just like the carts and horses became redundant with the invention of the combustion engines, you can't say you are self-reliant any longer just like the cart owners and horse riders. Except you've built other areas to protect you or quickly learn to acclimatize to the new order.

4. Even those at the top of the pyramid are dependent on the large base of the pyramid - those at the bottom.
Remember that the top of the pyramid is tiny but keep standing because of its foundation.

Whether at the top or bottom, humans need each other.

5. Of course, it's stupid to live from hand to mouth, where your life oscillates between the lips of another man.
For this reason, one must be able to have something he can leverage to meet his needs. Like the farmer who plants seeds to gain both food and money.

It is for this reason people migrate, plan, think, or develop strategies to gain leverage and ensure their survival.

Thanks.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 04, 2023
Deep.
Re: Ugly Truth About Life by CaveAdullam: 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2023
Olawade24:

I hope you know what I mean. Let me hear from your point of view on this matter.

1. Were they with you when you were at your lowest point in life?

2. Is the relationship based on the help they rendered? Or, a business deal?

3. Do they appreciate you after each kind gesture and want to reciprocate in their little way?

4. Do they render assistance with no excuses?

If you get these questions right, then you're on your way to the truth.
But let each answer be based on repetitive analysis because emotions or vicissitudes of life can make people behave in certain ways that are outside their norm.

5. Business relationships are better to handle as the parties involved know what they want from the beginning.

In family and friendship, the questions above are relevant.

Now don't see reciprocation as identical or equal exchange. They can bring you a smile, happy moments, encouragement, and loyalty in exchange for the financial or any other help you gave them. However, it comes from a genuine desire to see you grow and succeed than your top-tier status.

Good example: your father, mother, and siblings. And good friends.

6. Be keen. With time you can sequester chaffs-sycophants from wheat - genuine lovers. Continue to test their reaction, with time their masks will fall.

Note: Don't make sacrifices to your detriment. Do as your muscles can and your mind pleases so that you can be able to carry yourself after every benevolence.

And don't withhold good when it is in your power to do it.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by emmaodet: 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2023
pansophist:

I don't think migration is an expression of helplessness, but more of hopelessness. Nigerians move abroad because living in Nigeria is like pouring water in a basket, all your efforts don't hold. Criminals live better than the good man. The system rewards the worst in people.

Besides, not only the Western countries our kinsmen migrate to, but even those that migrated to Western countries must have paid their dues, such as paying taxes to qualify for benefits in the first place.

To be self-reliant, you need a working system. If you think you don't need the input of a healthy society for self-reliance, see if you can go live in the middle of a forest and rely on yourself completely. We are interdependent.

But how I understood what Cave is saying through that passage is that suffering is just part of life, and your money can't rescue you from it. Money can alleviate, not rescue. So in essence, we all need help.

For a start, we will all die, and we don't know when. Or maybe plagued by a sickness that has no cure, which makes your money irrelevant. Or maybe found out in your 70s that two of your kids aren't yours, or maybe a billionaire as wealthy as you deal with you with his own political connection. How will your wealth help you here?

Or maybe hit by a truck, or your private jet crashed or your wife poisoned you, or your bodyguard killed you, or your country was at war and you became poor overnight. There are so many things that can happen to a person that make their wealth useless.

That's how I understand that sentence, that we all need help in reality. It is the difference between material suffering and existential suffering. Your money can help materially, but not existentially. In reality, we are really helpless.

This also makes me think bragging and showing off is a fool's idea of glory. Such a person havent seen real problems, that's why. If correct problem wey go gym handle you, you go humble. grin

I quiet agree with all you have said.
That is one way of looking it from another angle

2 Likes

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by emmaodet: 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2023
CaveAdullam:

Well done big boss.

I beg to differ. Reason because:

1. Humans are in a cycle. That cycle is interdependence. We're all connected despite differences in culture, socio-economic status, environment, or religion.

2. Your take on self-reliance is coming from a place of higher leverage. That's you have skills, tools, or qualities that you can utilize to meet your needs.

But can you meet your needs when you can't leverage them? Simply put: How can you be able to leverage your qualities or tools when there are no people to test them on?

You can be a commercial/subsistence farmer and can feed your family and your society. However, your knowledge of agriculture is irrelevant if you have no tools to work.

Or, do you want to first branch into craft making and the chemical industry to produce your cutlass or agrochemicals before starting to farm?

3. If your value is high, it means your leverage will be high and you can make good deals. That's what people mean by "self-reliance".

However, if your value becomes irrelevant just like the carts and horses became redundant with the invention of the combustion engines, you can't say you are self-reliant any longer just like the cart owners and horse riders. Except you've built other areas to protect you or quickly learn to acclimatize to the new order.

4. Even those at the top of the pyramid are dependent on the large base of the pyramid - those at the bottom.
Remember that the top of the pyramid is tiny but keep standing because of its foundation.

Whether at the top or bottom, humans need each other.

5. Of course, it's stupid to live from hand to mouth, where your life oscillates between the lips of another man.
For this reason, one must be able to have something he can leverage to meet his needs. Like the farmer who plants seeds to gain both food and money.

It is for this reason people migrate, plan, think, or develop strategies to gain leverage and ensure their survival.

Thanks.

Thanks for taking time to explain it to me.
I agree with you and appreciate the points you raised

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by Atolu01: 12:33pm On Sep 04, 2023
True.

1 Like

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by Goodlady(f): 1:03pm On Sep 04, 2023
Most are true.

1 Like

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by Alphaman007: 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2023
CaveAdullam:

2. Geography determines your destiny. The place where you spend most of your time is a factor that either helps you achieve your dreams or die a dreamer.

Poorer and undeveloped countries have the highest number of squandered talents and frustrated ambitious people. The only way these people can manage to succeed in the most reasonable ways is through:

3. People show sympathy out of pretense. Doing so makes them feel alright and not because they want to help you. When you seek their help, they degrade you.

4. You can't gain something from anyone when you lack something. Appeal to pity isn't a better strategy. People would rather help a rich man who loses some investment than a poor man struggling for breakfast.

Reason: People believe that in a short time, the rich will bounce back. But the poor man has no hope.

If you're poor, find anything to hold on to and leverage. But some do leverage vices though, which ends in trouble + it's a myopic strategy to success.

5. People don't value wisdom. The beautiful and charming fool is more appreciated than the sage. People only value wisdom when they are in dire need. But when they've convalesced, they are lured by glittering masks.

6. You're loved to the extent of how usable you are. The higher the attraction towards you is an indication of the volume of value you produce.

To solve this problem, start a relationship as a business and see if it will end in kindness. Except in conditions where the opposite end is starting with kindness.

7. You want favors. You want promises. Because they're shortcuts to your desires. Because they tend to make you want to work less. However, they're dangerous.

Unfulfilled promises and favors drain you more than making several trials and attempts. It blocks your ambitions and reduces your speed.

Don't make promises. Give at that moment when you can. Don't tell anyone tomorrow when you don't know if you'll see tomorrow. And don't take promises to heart.

8. Everyone you'll come across in life will tell you they have a high preference for truth. But what they are trying to say is "they have a high preference for statements, ideas or opinions that don't offend their ego". Tell them something that runs counter to their sentiments and they'll unleash hades on you.

9. Nobody is coming to help you. Don't think of any. On a deeper level, all humans need help.

10. Contentment is a hoax. You think you'll be satisfied if you have just one. And if you gain one, you want two to make you feel comfortable; three to have some in your reservoir; four to save for the future; five to help your loved ones; six to boost your ego; seven to make you become a ruler...it never ends.

Bonus: Gift is a form of power. Cunning people used it to bid time. They're coming to leverage that gift for a needed job. Make an exchange when necessary as it saves you from being a pawn on people's boards.

Thanks.
This is gold

1 Like

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by Oshin56(m): 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2023
to be born poor is your parent fault, but to die poor is your fault.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugly Truth About Life by b3llo(m): 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2023
CaveAdullam:

Thanks.
💯

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn Recharge Promo Scam / VIDEO: Nigerian Pastor Sucks Women’s Breasts In Church During Deliverance / 23 Things You Can Relate To If You've Ever Been Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.