Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. (24887 Views)

SOLD!! Land For Sale At Rumokoro Port Harcourt / SOLD!!!!Land For Sale In Lekki Posh Estate! Reduced Price!! Direct From Owner!!! / Sold!! Sold!!! : Land In Beechwood Estate, Shapatti. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Obainomilano: 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
Land wey u don buy ..u still waka go dey explain to others say u wan sell am ..Westin concern the family again...na u find trouble Shaa ... settle them small thing because they dey on their own u carry update come give them
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Edoziesmart(m): 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
obyrich:
Ask them to give you the dollar equivalent of the purchase price as at 2018.
He won't have the courage to tell them since he is a weak man. And that is why those people took advantage of him.

The only way to his solution is to involve army people if they do anything fishy to his land.

He will learn a lesson in a bigger way after this issue.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by tochez24(m): 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:
Please is that how it's been done? I bought a land early 2018 and now I feel like selling out. The families who sold it to me said they are entitled for their own percentage from the money the buyer is offering. Please I need to know if that's how it's done. I only went to inform them I would be handling the piece of land to a new owner and thought kola nut and palm wine would be it, since they also sold to several people there and also have some available I thought I should let them know for future reference... instead they are asking how much I am selling and wants to know every details of it.

Meanwhile the deeds that's about to be prepared would be in my name and that of the buyer, what consigns the family?

I had to tell them that's not possible it's my own land I bought from them I am selling, he went further and said it's either they buy it back from with same amount I bought 2018 or I give them their percentage from the appreciating amount or I develop and let matter rest.

Please help

You're a weakling⚠️⚠️

They have sensed it long time ago as I'm smelling it now oozing from my phone🥺🙄🙄

Nigerians are wicked people in general, so you have to be wicked and deadly when dealing with them!!!

That land is 100% your land the day you paid for it, how can you then go and meet the former owners because you want to sell it??🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Well you have shown them how weak you're already so they're already capitazing on it to defraud you 😆😆

You have no option than to either develop it as they have said, give them the percentage or go to court⚠️
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by jimmyvic(m): 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2023
Wetin concern agbero and overload?
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by hofeshhomes: 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2023
They are not entitled to any cut.

When they sold the land and transferred its ownership legally to you, the property is fully yours and you can do whatever you wish with it, including selling it.

Did any one in the said family bring the buyer? Then THAT person gets a commission.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by generalgisbon(m): 1:54pm On Sep 06, 2023
Na you wan go do oversabi and went to meet old seller.. wetin concern old seller with an already sold land..

This una oversabi sef.

It's just like buying a car, then you want to sell the car and you're meeting your previous seller to notify him that the car will be sold to a new person..
if na me, i go collect my own percentage as i see say you be novice.

xin5:
Please is that how it's been done? I bought a land early 2018 and now I feel like selling out. The families who sold it to me said they are entitled for their own percentage from the money the buyer is offering. Please I need to know if that's how it's done. I only went to inform them I would be handling the piece of land to a new owner and thought kola nut and palm wine would be it, since they also sold to several people there and also have some available I thought I should let them know for future reference... instead they are asking how much I am selling and wants to know every details of it.

Meanwhile the deeds that's about to be prepared would be in my name and that of the buyer, what consigns the family?

I had to tell them that's not possible it's my own land I bought from them I am selling, he went further and said it's either they buy it back from with same amount I bought 2018 or I give them their percentage from the appreciating amount or I develop and let matter rest.

Please help
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by xin5: 1:54pm On Sep 06, 2023
tochez24:

You're a weakling⚠️⚠️

They have sensed it long time ago as I'm smelling it now oozing from my phone🥺🙄🙄

Nigerians are wicked people in general, so you have to be wicked and deadly when dealing with them!!!

That land is 100% your land the day you paid for it, how can you then go and meet the former owners because you want to sell it??🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Well you have shown them how weak you're already so they're already capitazing on it to defraud you 😆😆

You have no option than to either develop it as they have said, give them the percentage or go to court⚠️
you are a kid who is probably typing this under your parents roof. Emoji and all gave you out.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by oliverwrites: 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2023
VeryGoodMan:
Let me guess...
South West?
A typical Yoruba area like Alimosho, Ikorodu or Agege?
The street is untarred?
They still have a Baale or Oba?
Oro is still practised there?

grin
Seun is a disgrace allowing all these nonsense. Your tribe constantly getting abused by idiots and you and your mods look away. Ban me all you wish, it is the true.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by wamide042(m): 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2023
You bought a car from the owner, the name on the car is yours, now you want to sell it the former owner says you should give him a cut of the proceed of the car.. does that make sense to you?.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Originalsly: 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2023
"What consigns the family?" This is the question you should've asked yourself before you ran to let them know what you're doing with your land.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2023
Am angry..you mumu abeg.informing them u want to sell a land u paid in full for.you deserve the treatment they are giving u because na u give dem upper hand.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by xin5: 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2023
Originalsly:
"What consigns the family?" This is the question you should've asked yourself before you ran to let them know what you're doing with your land.
for future reference I guess you don't understand that.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by rulin247: 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

Na wah for you o. Imagine the kind of question you are asking us here?

It's like asking us if it is right for a man who sold panties to your wife entitled to knack her kpekus.

Mtchewwww
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Lanmonfishery(m): 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2023
U made the first wrong move by telling them u wanted to sell ur land, don't make another mistake, I'm thinking u have all the documents for the land, bro sell and let them find out if they want to or will, that's not ur issue.

No let them scope u
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by djecstacy: 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

Good a thing you shared it here. There’s nothing like that. They just want to rip you off your land and entitlement. The gesture you portrayed ( Kolanuts and what have you) is humane and nice of you. You owe them nothing since you legally and lawfully bought the land from them. Desist from their unlawful extortion
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Xkale1996(m): 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help
am into land business der is nothing like that

Why did you even tell them
Which state are you
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by josielewa(m): 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:
for future reference I guess you don't understand that.
That is none of your business...that is even if they know the land has been sold..Even if they know, they can do nothing once you have the deed of assignment and I dont think the law states that they should be informed if you want to resell since you have their signature on the deed of assignment..

Abeg try dey stay Taliban for this life..Gentle people no dey last ooo
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by ican2020: 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
Foodqueen:
Your mistake was telling them beforehand.

They know u are soft so they want to capitalize on that.

U should av ask an agent to sell it for you.

Since you've involve them, they won't back off, the buyer may feel threatened and won't buy again.

If u leave it again, they might sell and tell u to come and collect your money since they are already certain you aren't interested in using the land yourself.

Alot of things can happen since you've involved them.

U night have to look for their family head.
Nice one

Since you foolishly told them you want to sell the land your only saving grace now is to fence the land thereby pretending as if you want to develop the land and use that opportunity to sell the land adding cost incurred during fencing

Or better still discuss with the interested buyer and both of you can work out the fencing cost and you will supervise the fencing before the new buyer can take over thereby bypassing those lowlifes
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by mukthar2000(m): 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2023
Op you contradict everything itself, most u informed the families that u sold the land for someone else. Can't you finish all transaction underground as if you give the land to ur own blood brother ?
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Otulented: 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

This is Ngwa people in Abia state

Please help
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by MySolace: 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help
Lol...
Them b thieves! cheesy dey want to eat dia cake and have it. No mind dem...

We did such transaction in d past... We didn't involve d family da earlier sold d land to us. Why should we?

And for saying dey should buy d land from u d amount dey sold it to u for close to 5yrs now tells their real intention. Dey still have eyes on d land.
Even if dey care to buy it back now, u should b d one to decide how much.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by ibinaboonline: 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2023
People here will immediately tell you to ignore the family, which, in the right sense, is just the fact. However, I'm super-curious to know why you felt a need to consult them with kola nut and drinks, as you said, to let them know you're about to sell the land. Something tells me you're not painting the full picture.

1 Like

Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Westerhoffe(m): 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Please help

What help?
Who asked you to go to them that you want to sell your land?

Who does that?

Na you carry yourself go meet them. So go and solve your case.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2023
You made a mistake by telling them.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by xin5: 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2023
ibinaboonline:
People here will immediately tell you to ignore the family, which, in the right sense, is just the fact. However, I'm super-curious to know why you felt a need to consult them with kola nut and drinks, as you said, to let them know you're about to sell the land. Something tells me you're not painting the full picture.
that's the full picture.
I only did that for future reference for them to know the new occupant, since they are the owner of the layout and the families are still within the environment.
So they won't disturb him when he decides to develop
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by Naijadaily: 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
The guys is foolish ! What is the purpose of informing them before selling your own property?? Now you have come to nairaland . Why didn't you come here first before informing them?? Abeg carry your problem face front .
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by ufotunang: 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:

Yes all my documents with them are intacts
...you should not have told them...you are already the owner of the land
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by josielewa(m): 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:
that's the full picture.
I only did that for future reference for them to know the new occupant, since they are the owner of the layout and the families are still within the environment.
look at your statement...now that you will split the proceeds 50 50...I hope informing them makes you a real g..

Am angry like this..Those bestad omonile will frustrate you

I will advise you fence your land and gate it...This is a case of monkey wey wise, na monkey go still chop am...
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by caandi: 2:33pm On Sep 06, 2023
Entitled people fah!
They really cornered you and put you in a hot spot
Please involve a lawyer that would advice you on appropriate measures to be taken…
When it comes to landed property people can do anything and go to any length
It’s the times we live in now sadly…
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by ibinaboonline: 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2023
If you say so, then you should've known it's not their business. I get what you're inferring but you handled it wrong. They're just capitalizing on your misstep. This is what you should've done: conduct your transactions and then inform them that a new owner is in the picture. Objective achieved. Going to them beforehand hints of needing their permission. You even went with gifts. Haba. You better take back control before their wings grow wider.
xin5:
that's the full picture.
As long as they've sold land to you, you can do with it as you please, unless there's a clause in the transaction that states what you can or cannot do with the land. Same way the new owner can do as he or she pleases with the property unless you passed on the clause.
Re: The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. by SonOfaRichman: 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2023
xin5:
that's the full picture.
2016 I bought a land sowhere I won't like to mention, it was actually a resold land. I was the 3rd party per say. All protocols were duely observed. But there was nothing like settlement to the person that sold to the man I was buying from.
Edit: if you get in a situation you may need to put some resistance, make sure you let me know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

SOPHISTICATED INTERIOR FUNDAMENTAL / FCT Begins Demolition Of Structures In Abuja After 24hr Notice / I Finally Moved Out Of Face Me I Face You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.