Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi (446 Views)

Cute Family Photos Of Lionel Messi Staying Safe / Photo Of Lionel Messi Receiving Yellow Card / Fans Praise Lionel Messi Humility As He Rates C.ronaldo Alongside Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by tundetech4: 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
Chioma's husband Davido picks Ronaldo ahead of Messi.

American-born Nigerian singer, songwriter, and record producer David Adedeji Adeleke professionally known as Davido is back on the trends.

The 30-year-old Davido is on top of the trends for his comments on who is the greatest football of all time.

Davido on Ronaldo vs Messi
Davido recently performed at the 2023 Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) Awards.

His showing at the PFA Awards comes after he performed at the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

At the award ceremony, Davido was asked by GOAL about his thoughts on the greatest football of all time debate between Ronaldo and Messi.

Davido decided to go with the Portuguese football icon over the Argentine Maestro.

He said, "Cristiano for me, you know, what outcomes, very, very disciplined,

"I am a very, very disciplined person, you know, and to have that kind of success and to be so disciplined at the same time is something I've always admired about him.

"I like both of them. But, I personally, I'm a Ronaldo guy."

This is not the first time Davido has been involved with a football event.

The Afrobeats star was invited by PUMA for an appearance after Manchester City won the Premier League title.

Source: Pulse Sports Nigeria

https://www.pulsesports.ng/sports-gist/story/goat-debate-why-davido-rates-ronaldo-ahead-of-messi-2023090713122782913

Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:12pm On Sep 07, 2023
Who is Davido? If not because today's world celebrates mediocrity?
Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by Beverlyjean(f): 9:04pm On Sep 07, 2023
No be by world cup ... I just heard LeBron James is heading to saudi ... seems like Ronaldo wanna move those American stars to saudi

2 Likes

Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by Sizwezi: 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2023
OBO ! If you are angry about his choice, drink sniper.
Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
Sizwezi:
OBO ! If you are angry about his choice, drink sniper.
If you didn’t drink sniper when Rooney, a former teammate of Ronaldo labeled Messi the best ever, why should anyone be concerned about Davido’s choice?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by Sizwezi: 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2023
OJEEMAH:
If you didn’t drink sniper when Rooney, a former teammate of Ronaldo labeled Messi the best ever, why should anyone be concerned about Davido’s choice?

Go to his page and see the insults he is receiving because of his choice. Obviously I don’t mean drinking sniper literally, I am saying go Bleep yourself. Y’all most times have a problem when people pick CR7 as their choice, why ? I don’t know ! I come on here and read what majority of you type when the comparison starts and just laugh. It’s one thing to Troll and one thing to have a bitter heart towards someone. Honestly, for majority of you, it’s beyond trolling, it’s pure hate ! Y’all can continue, peoples choices would remain theirs.
Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by mayor1814: 10:32pm On Sep 07, 2023
I respect davido. I respect his choice. Everyone has right to make a choice. But the fact still remains that davido is a professional singer so naturally his forte is not football.

Will u say Luis Figo, a legend and authority in Portuguese and world football, hates Ronaldo? Not at all. But he chose Lionel Messi as the best player. Kroos and Ramos are former teammates of Ronaldo, they don't hate Ronaldo, but they chose Messi as the best player.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2023
Sizwezi:

Go to his page and see the insults he is receiving because of his choice. Obviously I don’t mean drinking sniper literally, I am saying go Bleep yourself. Y’all most times have a problem when people pick CR7 as their choice, why ? I don’t know ! I come on here and read what majority of you type on here when the comparison starts and just laugh. It’s one thing to Troll and one thing to have a bitter heart towards someone. Honestly, for majority of you, it’s beyond trolling, it’s pure hate ! Y’all can continue, peoples choices would remain theirs.
Those that insulted him no get sense.

Direct your post to those that insults and attack him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by Sizwezi: 10:46pm On Sep 07, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Those that insulted him no get sense.

Direct your post to those that insults and attack him.

Feeling guilty ? Because I don’t remember calling your name before you responded. You are one of the few people I respond to on here because you are civil, not like you don’t cap in your arguments but maintaining courtesy is something you try do, which is cool. If na to go dirty with anybody I game, but of what use is it ?
Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 2:15am On Sep 08, 2023
Sizwezi:

Feeling guilty ? Because I don’t remember calling your name before you responded. You are one of the few people I respond to on here because you are civil, not like you don’t cap in your arguments but maintaining courtesy is something you try do, which is cool. If na to go dirty with anybody I game, but of what use is it ?
Guilty? Why should I when I know full well I don’t belong to that category. I responded because it was written under your reply to my post.

Not sharing same views does not mean I cap. I could also say the same about you.

Most people do not intend to go dirty. They were pushed by some uncouth and unguarded people who can’t control their emotions. It’s necessary sometimes cos some think say na only them get craze. Matching their energy is the only language they understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by DenreleDave(m): 3:23am On Sep 08, 2023
Beverlyjean:
No be by world cup ... I just heard LeBron James is heading to saudi ... seems like Ronaldo wanna move those American stars to saudi

No evidence.. You go explain tire grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by MrsTwrite(f): 7:53am On Sep 08, 2023
His choice.
Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by Beverlyjean(f): 9:42am On Sep 08, 2023
DenreleDave:

No evidence.. You go explain tire grin grin grin

Now that's ur evidence

Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by DenreleDave(m): 10:03am On Sep 08, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Now that's ur evidence

I'm sure u r educated grin grin grin

If they offered more money
.. LeBron James isn't going to saudi bcox of any game, he is going there just like the fraud called Penaldo went there for money..

Even me sef go go for money sake... Not passion grin grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by ThierryJay: 10:13am On Sep 08, 2023
mayor1814:
I respect davido. I respect his choice. Everyone has right to make a choice. But the fact still remains that davido is a professional singer so naturally his forte is not football.

Will u say Luis Figo, a legend and authority in Portuguese and world football, hates Ronaldo? Not at all. But he chose Lionel Messi as the best player. Kroos and Ramos are former teammates of Ronaldo, they don't hate Ronaldo, but they chose Messi as the best player.

You are right. Everyone has a right to make a choice. But they should also know that their choices have the right to be critiqued objectively once in the public domain.

Being the GOAT isn't just about choices. I could always say or believe that Yakubu Aiyegbeni is the Nigerian GOAT, or that Maguire is Man Utd's best defender of all time. Heck I know people who consider Okocha as Africa's GOAT.

However, we all know all what's up there is bullsh1t. This is the point where objective football knowledge steps in to filter away the dregs of opinions to maintain the integrity of the sports knowledge for the upcoming ones.

Davido's opinion falls under the dregs and should be rightly called out. Whether in individual or collective accolades and performances, Messi has trumped CR and there is simply no objective metric to put CR on a higher pedestal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by mayor1814: 11:23am On Sep 08, 2023
ThierryJay:

You are right. Everyone has a right to make a choice. But they should also know that their choices have the right to be critiqued objectively once in the public domain.

Being the GOAT isn't just about choices. I could always say or believe that Yakubu Aiyegbeni is the Nigerian GOAT, or that Maguire is Man Utd's best defender of all time. Heck I know people who consider Okocha as Africa's GOAT.

However, we all know all what's up there is bullsh1t. This is the point where objective football knowledge steps in to filter away the dregs of opinions to maintain the integrity of the sports knowledge for the upcoming ones.

Davido's opinion falls under the dregs and should be rightly called out. Whether in individual or collective accolades and performances, Messi has trumped CR and there is simply no objective metric to put CR on a higher pedestal.

Wen we talking football, opinions of ppl like Figo, kroos, Ramos etc matter more than davido. Because every true football fan without sentiment knows that MESSI IS INCOMPARABLE. THE BEST EVER TO PLAY THE GAME.

I always pity Tapnaldo and his crew members forcing the rivalry narrative coz normally Tapnaldo is not even in top 3 or 4 football players of all time. Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo de Lima and Zidane are still ahead of him.
Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by Beverlyjean(f): 2:51pm On Sep 08, 2023
DenreleDave:

I'm sure u r educated grin grin grin

.. LeBron James isn't going to saudi bcox of any game, he is going there just like the fraud called Penaldo went there for money..

Even me sef go go for money sake... Not passion grin grin cheesy

Ronaldo is the reason why every star is interested in Saudi now...not that dwarf fraud that decieving his gullible fans in the transgender league
Re: GOAT Debate: Why Davido Rates C-ronaldo Ahead Of Lionel Messi by realsportclub7: 9:19pm On Sep 08, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo is the reason why every star is interested in Saudi now...not that dwarf fraud that decieving his gullible fans in the transgender league
You only want to make trouble without making sense.
Check the previous post above you will see where LeBron James said he would go to Saudi if the money is right not because Ronaldo is there or not.

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Shines As Chelsea Destroys Bayern 4-0 In Legends Game For Vialli / Ronaldo Unbelievable Goal [Al Nassr vs Al Raed 3-1] GOAT / Nigeria Plays Ethiopia In The Final Round Of 2014 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.