Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop (8682 Views)

Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop / Latest Nigerian Hip Hop / 'Nigerian' Hip Hop Doesnt Make Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by Abagworo(m): 8:31pm On Oct 18, 2011
I dey laugh dis kind argument well well.The OP must be a man in his mid twenties to mid thirties.He is stuck with conscious hip hop like me.You know Talib Kweli,Common,Nas,Mos Def and all them bunch are kind of old school.Most of the new generation prefer bubblegum rap and auto tune chorus.That is why you have them Lil Wayne,Soulja boy,Wiz kid,M.I. and other tight pant,colourful clothes wearing rappers and auto tune singers making more and more hits while the conscious ones mourn their poor sales.

It is called generational shift and moves in cycles.May be in 20 years time hip hop will resurrect.For now lets listen to Diggie,Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj.

Windeck!windeck! crank that superman.
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by tosinaded(m): 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2011
A rare combination of poor rapability and childish punchlines. NO storylines. He reminded me of some 9ice's songs where gathers adages from wherever to make a song

please leave 9ice out of ur analysis! if u no sabi wetin the guy dey talk. . thats ur problem
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by fateavon4u(f): 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2011
4 d guys,mode 9 and M.I 4 sure,ice-prince was just d +1,he was there 2 make d room look full,i wasnt disappointd bt he just proved my point(no punchlines,just silly lines dat even my little niece cn do beta dan him and he dresses like an ice cream mascot/vendor), 2 my bros.
4 d ladies,killer queen muna representd in ALL(outfit,makeup nd lines),blaise and eva.zee tried bt what in God's name was Sasha talkin abt?.d only tin i cld hear was she tryin 2 rap?.and y was she wt da dagrin's t-shirt?.basically,d whole sasha wantin 2 rap was so WRONGGGGG!!! Nd dat t-shirt holdin was trashyyy, i also liked estelle(london cypher) nd one black chick frm brooklyn or long island,i guess, just my thots,
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2011
tkb417:

i thought they all rapped well apart from X.O . Just couldnt get what he was trying to do. The "Yes Boss" exponent was okay too but the others trumped him (minus Ice Prince)

what about the ladies?

I think Muna and Eva were good on the day

Sasha? undecided

NOTE: They all rapped well yeah. 'They' doesn't include Ice Prince
, lol, a blow well delivered but very true,
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by annekix(m): 12:04am On Oct 19, 2011
ice prince and suace kid shoulda rapped in the ladies segment
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by BloodShed1: 12:18am On Oct 19, 2011
Muna just needs my d!<k in her mouth, real talk.
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by BabaEleko(m): 4:45am On Oct 19, 2011
tosinaded@:

please leave 9ice out of your analysis! if u no sabi wetin the guy dey talk. . thats your problem

U dey mind that one Tosin? Pesin wey no know how to analyse hin point.
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by yemmyma: 7:57am On Oct 19, 2011
I know we all have our own opinions, did you see my last paragraph of the post?

We Nigerians want to make our artistes go global and we don't push the ones that can do the job, we keep pushing the home based winners. That formula won't work.

Obviously, Ice Prince will win best rap album in all the award shows this year to the next. That means we should start pushing him to Roc Nation to sign him? Lets stop deceiving ourselves.

Modenine was clear in his delivery and he has lived in Nigeria since he was a child. He doesn't even speak pidgin english well some years ago yet he has good rap skills, word plays and what have you. Just buy his album and see whats in it. He probably has rapped over the widest range of topic in our society, from football, scam, social vices and all. He did everything just well. Why the beef?

M.I., no one was a better M.I. fan than me when he started coming up. I reference his first single and video 'crowd mentality' as a class act. He still has not disappointed me but when i see people say he is  better than Mode, then i have a problem with that. Let him enjoy his time, he deserves it and i am still a fan.

But remember, when Mode  9 had his chance in the past, he enjoyed it as well taking awards and churning out good videos, go check out Nigerian girls, cry, elbow room, those songs have nothing in common and they all represent pure genius!

Counter my arguments again,  I will get back but before then check out his Otis remix with terry tha rapman counter me again after listening, http://www.notjustok.com/2011/10/19/exclusive-terry-tha-rapman-modenine-otis/ [flash=200,200]http://www.notjustok.com/2011/10/19/exclusive-terry-tha-rapman-modenine-otis/[/flash]
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by mikuz(m): 8:44am On Oct 19, 2011
Why were there no ph mcs? Must everything come from Lag? I mean we have better rappers down south here mehn. Double k coulda done better than sauce and Naeto jor.
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by Revealedtv(m): 12:07pm On Oct 19, 2011
mode 9 saved the day !!!! mi was incredible too and sauce kid really impressed me
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by BabaEleko(m): 12:26pm On Oct 19, 2011
yemmy_ma:

I know we all have our own opinions, did you see my last paragraph of the post?

We Nigerians want to make our artistes go global and we don't push the ones that can do the job, we keep pushing the home based winners. That formula won't work.

Obviously, Ice Prince will win best rap album in all the award shows this year to the next. That means we should start pushing him to Roc Nation to sign him? Lets stop deceiving ourselves.

Modenine was clear in his delivery and he has lived in Nigeria since he was a child. He doesn't even speak pidgin english well some years ago yet he has good rap skills, word plays and what have you. Just buy his album and see whats in it. He probably has rapped over the widest range of topic in our society, from football, scam, social vices and all. He did everything just well. Why the beef?

M.I., no one was a better M.I. fan than me when he started coming up. I reference his first single and video 'crowd mentality' as a class act. He still has not disappointed me but when i see people say he is  better than Mode, then i have a problem with that. Let him enjoy his time, he deserves it and i am still a fan.

But remember, when Mode  9 had his chance in the past, he enjoyed it as well taking awards and churning out good videos, go check out Nigerian girls, cry, elbow room, those songs have nothing in common and they all represent pure genius!

Counter my arguments again,  I will get back but before then check out his Otis remix with terry tha rapman counter me again after listening, http://www.notjustok.com/2011/10/19/exclusive-terry-tha-rapman-modenine-otis/ [flash=200,200]http://www.notjustok.com/2011/10/19/exclusive-terry-tha-rapman-modenine-otis/[/flash]

[size=16pt]In DJ Khaled's voice 'You're the best forever"[/size]
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by oolumide: 2:04am On Oct 20, 2011
what is cypher??
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by Mobinga: 4:09am On Oct 20, 2011
Blood_Shed:

Muna just needs my d!<k in her mouth, real talk.

I agree.

Props my nigga.  grin

Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by mikuz(m): 7:08am On Oct 20, 2011
@Lumide
it is a topic in math.
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by ajasa4link: 11:45pm On Oct 22, 2011
lol
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by georgesylva(m): 3:04am On Oct 23, 2011
Talib was here few yrs back & was suprised @ mode's freestyle @ Rhythm fm. I tink d guy is gud enuf 2 go pound 4 pound wit a cuple of American rappers.
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by georgesylva(m): 3:10am On Oct 23, 2011
Talib was here few yrs back & was suprised @ mode's freestyle @ Rhythm fm. I tink d guy is gud enuf 2 go pound 4 pound wit a cuple of American rappers.
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by BabaEleko(m): 3:45am On Oct 23, 2011
^^^ Na hin i dey tell some f0ols oo.
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by Revolva(m): 10:29pm On Oct 24, 2011
Mode9 is that G.O.A.T

oK THAT ALL GBAM, No drag am, he can stand any Yankee lyricist and they gonna respect him, then i go drag M.I.sha, but his kinnd delivery sef dey tire person but he is ok.the rest shuld go and read their books
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by mikuz(m): 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2011
Which book is that?
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by Revolva(m): 11:37pm On Oct 24, 2011
Their Book of Rhymes, Jare
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by mikuz(m): 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2011
^ That's a first.
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by eghost247(m): 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2011
mode9 all the way
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by Didi8: 11:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
Have u all heard of Dr. Crux. He's underground rap is sick. The rhyme pattern are entirely different from that or any Nigerian. Boogey is equally good.
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by MuyiGL: 5:11pm On May 26, 2013
yemmy_ma:

Mode 9 - I got introduced to his songs by a friend who was a big fan. After hesitating at first, i decided to give it a try and that was it. For years, i have seen arguments on who tops him in Nigerian hip hop but i am ashamed to see that we Nigerians, though claim to know one or two things about rap are just plain commercial. We don't appreciate conscious music. I wonder how Asa managed to sell albums in the country.  He is straight classic and would go pound for pound with any American MC.

You just spoke my mind bro. I've also always wondered how Asa was able to breakthrough with her conscious music
Re: What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop by Noah2020: 8:37pm On Jun 20, 2013
XO and naeto c are jokes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Artist And Platinum Sales In Nigeria: How Are These Figures Collected / Illuminati Songs: 33 Lyrics About The Secret Society / Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.