Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument (5573 Views)

Same Sex Marriage And The Flaw Of Our Argument / Indecent Dressing: Against The Argument Of Relativism / Argument: Are African Americans Their Own Ethnic Group? I Say Yes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by nasoeb: 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2011
@ duduspace

There are constructive arguments and then there are mindless rantings of idle people looking to while away the time. Which of the two are you referring to?
I am an Ekiti man and we don't spend our lifetime arguing so at some point we must have lost an argument.
If you mean that Ekiti people due to their high literacy rates are good at adopting a sound logical basis for their arguments then yu're very right, why the hell I should accept an illogical point of view beats me and would require some serious convincing and headbanging on the part of the person putting forth such a view.  

Shut up you deluded being
Its either you are on "Expired Drug" or your "Medulla is Acting up"

You must mean High Level of illiteracy

Shame no dey catch all the Ekiti People, see how dirty the state is

Lord Have Mercy
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Afam4eva(m): 4:38pm On Oct 18, 2011
@Yeske
Na every yeye topic you go leave comment?
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by duduspace(m): 5:17pm On Oct 18, 2011
nasoeb:

@ duduspace

There are constructive arguments and then there are mindless rantings of idle people looking to while away the time. Which of the two are you referring to?
I am an Ekiti man and we don't spend our lifetime arguing so at some point we must have lost an argument.
If you mean that Ekiti people due to their high literacy rates are good at adopting a sound logical basis for their arguments then yu're very right, why the hell I should accept an illogical point of view beats me and would require some serious convincing and headbanging on the part of the person putting forth such a view.  

Lord Have Mercy

If your symptoms persist after 5 minutes, kindly check in at your usual place of convalescence, I don't exchange words with loonies.  grin grin
That Ekiti state is in the top 4 states in Nigeria in terms of literacy levels of the population is a statistical fact, if you want the data I can give you when yu're in your placid state.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Torch1(m): 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ileke-Idi is a typical Ekiti indigene, Ekiti state is one of the indigent state in Naija.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by airmark(m): 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2011
nasoeb:

Lord Have Mercy

Must you abuse before being heard? One of the reasons Ileke-idi and most ekitis are sound in their contributions on nairaland is because the likes of nasoeb, make them look intelligent witk their stoopid comments as seen above.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by mulumele(m): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2011
If it appears as if they are losing out in the argument,they threaten you with death (metaphorically). Ma lu o pa.lol
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by niyooo(m): 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2011
Someone who is knowledgeable will not give in when he's sure of what he's saying. That may be why the Ekiti's are said to be stubborn and argumentative. Though they may be wrong atimes but they'll always have some facts to put holes in the other persons' arguments. And dem fit fight for wetin dem believe be dem right die. That's why they are also known as the petition writing state, 'cos when they believe they are right, they don't mind putting the facts down in writing to the appropriate quarters.

@ Duduspace, U don't have to reply to every nincompoop that posts nonsense. Just ignore them. As Obj said, " reply not a fool, lest you be like them"  grin
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Afam4eva(m): 6:31pm On Oct 18, 2011
niyooo:

Someone who is knowledgeable will not give in when he's sure of what he's saying. That may be why the Ekiti's are said to be stubborn and argumentative. Though they may be wrong atimes but they'll always have some facts to put holes in the other persons' arguments. And dem fit fight for wetin dem believe be dem right die. That's why they are also known as the petition writing state, 'cos when they believe they are right, they don't mind putting the facts down in writing to the appropriate quarters.

@ Duduspace, U don't have to reply to every nincompoop that posts nonsense. Just ignore them. As Obj said, " reply not a fool, lest you be like them"  grin

There's this my Ekiti friend that said his church(Winners Chapel) is the Richest in the world. I argues with this guy presenting him with evidence that his assertion is false but the guy no gree. Up till now that argument na until further notice.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by nasoeb: 6:34pm On Oct 18, 2011
seun's fault

imagine the useless topic

your mates are inventing vaccines, constructing good roads, rails, building intelligent cities, you all are here coming first in argument.

dumb set of people
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2011
nasoeb:

seun's fault

imagine the useless topic

your mates are inventing vaccines, constructing good roads, rails, building intelligent cities, you all are here coming first in argument.

dumb set of people

Wouldnt it be better to spend less time replying to this foolish topic?

You've posted like what? more than 5 times already.

You've had more than 5 discussions with a lunatic, why wont we think you're also one.

BTW, I agree with you about spending more time on another topic. I just dont see the idea of pointing something smart out, yet doing something re tarded like posting on a "useless topic" more than 5 frigging times.

But that's just my opinion.

For those screaming Ileke-Idi, I dont even know most of you ppl. Stop stalking, its not cool.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by airmark(m): 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Wouldnt it be better to spend less time replying to this foolish topic?

You've posted like what? more than 5 times already.

You've had more than 5 discussions with a lunatic, why wont we think you're also one.

BTW, I agree with you about spending more time on another topic. I just dont see the idea of pointing something smart out, yet doing something re tarded like posting on a "useless topic" more than 5 frigging times.

But that's just my opinion.

For those screaming Ileke-Idi, I dont even know most of you ppl. Stop stalking, its not cool.

@ Nasoeb, you see your life? grin grin grin
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 18, 2011
mulumele:

If it appears as if they are losing out in the argument,they threaten you with death (metaphorically). Ma lu o pa.lol

LOL

They won't "lu o pa"
They will just tear you to shreds with logic.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:27pm On Oct 18, 2011
Is Kobojunkie from Ekiti by any chance?
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by softtouch2(m): 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2011
Seun, I don't expect a stereotyping topic like this on the front page. Racist, tribalistic and dumb thread should be remove from the front pages or even deleted.
Some Nigerians outside the country expect to see informative topic on this forum, but it has becoming a setimented forum. If not Igbo issue today, it will be Edo people or Yoruba tomorrow.
I was surprise to see my work-place network smart-filter in UK, classifying this site as violent/abuse .
Please redeem the image of this site. Do a complete clean-up of the threads, If possible those of useless can be deleted.
If you can't do it alone, get reliable moderators to do the job.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Roland17(m): 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

Is Kobojunkie from Ekiti by any chance?

grin grin grin grin grin grin u better let sleeping Dogs rest.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Aryyor: 10:04pm On Oct 18, 2011
There's something unique about Ekiti State that is just so amazing cool - the only state in Nigeria with one indigenous dialect called EKITI!

Ileke-Idi you sabi reply sha. Obirin bi okunrin!
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 18, 2011
I disagree with this post and majority of the comments, it's not only ekiti people that argue in discussions or conversation that turn to debate, Ijebu too argue, edo too argue, igbos too argue,boko haram too argue, Hausa too argue, Americans argue, Europeans too argue, Asians people too argue it all depend on individualist and how strong you are building a wall of defense against your opponent in any form of discussions that turn into argument, mind u I'm from Ijebu but i have seen a Niger Delta man that argue blindly even when you have fact to proof his wrong with is argument, he will still find a corner corner way to continue building his wall of Jericho of defense that has already been pushed down, i stand to be corrected but experience they said is the before teacher, i have my fact on this issue because i experiment with it. from professional point of view, lawyers as a case study, they are best know as debaters are they only from ekiti, someone of them never loose their argument even when they themselves know that they are wrong on the point they are arguing on. I rest my case.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by melotech(m): 6:15am On Oct 19, 2011
well i love ekiti people they never compromise there integrity they stick on what they know and back it up with fact so the issue of wining argument is out of it
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by layifioren(m): 9:56am On Oct 19, 2011
I've never met people so stubborn in my life. I mean downright stubborn. Ekiti people earn my respect. Mo gbe di fun won!
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Lanrefemi: 8:09pm On Oct 19, 2011
It's just a blatant stereotype that an ekiti person never loses arguments. As an ekiti person the things i will concur with is that an average ekiti person is not very diplomatic, they are very straight and doesn't like to be cheated hence they can go to any length to claim their right. furthermore, an average ekiti person is very honest (which doesn't really pay in nigeria).
Talking about development, we should not forget that ekiti state is one of the youngest state in the country, so to be comparing it to some states that have been created over 30years ago is a bit ludicrous. in terms of human resources ekiti state could hold up her head anywhere in the world.
I dare anybody to tell me a state that is developed in Nigeria!
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 02, 2012
lol, I agree with the op.....Ekiti ppl can be very stubborn!
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 12, 2014
That's because we know whatever it is that its bn argued about, we are very knowledgeable

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo / Teso Fun Okunrin Tabi Obinrin / African Culture Compared To European

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.