Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,157 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Why Farmers Fail In Nigeria & Why People Don't Progress In Nigeria. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Farmers Fail In Nigeria & Why People Don't Progress In Nigeria. (399 Views)

Why Do Boreholes Fail In Lagos / Why Most Fish Farmers Fail / 6 Reasons Why Some Farmers Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Farmers Fail In Nigeria & Why People Don't Progress In Nigeria. by Coming125(m): 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2023
I'm a Nigerian but sometimes I'm ashamed of the behavior and character of many Nigerians, home and abroad. A person with a bad character will behave badly anywhere you put him or her, anywhere they are, home and abroad. If you like put them in the best country in the world, they will surely exhibit their bad character everywhere they go...

Many sellers here on Nairaland, especially on Business and Agric sections, are fake and scammers and that's one of the reasons why they don't get patronage and will never get patronage. Some have bad character and it will never allow them to progress, that's why many businesses fail. That's why many people are complaining and blaming the government for their suffering but they don't even know they are the cause of their suffering and misery. Because they have already met their life helpers and people who would have lifted them from poverty but they treated the person very shabbily, with bad behavior, that's why they can never get any helper. They will remain in misery, living from hand to mouth. It's such a pity for Nigeria.

While searching for people who sell bananas here on Nairaland, I came across one man's post/advert on Nairaland, claiming he sells banana in Delta state. He posted on Agric section that he is banana farmer.

So I contacted him today via Whatsapp chat to inquire about it. I told him I want to buy his banana and we are actually buying in large quantities. And I want to make him a regular customer, to be buying from him on a regular basis in large quantities, as long as he can give me what I want.

So he sent me some pictures of banana. Then I asked him to do a video recording of his banana farm or a part of it, showing already matured banana fruits and send to me. So he said he can't do it now, that it would be on Monday, since he is not in the farm now. And Monday is seven days from today. I said no problem, anytime the video is available, send it to me.

He asked for my location, I told him I'm in Lagos, but it doesn't matter the location you are, I will come to Delta state and buy everything you have and bring them to Lagos, since I'm buying in large quantities and I have demand for it by my clients abroad.

He then asked me what I'm using it for. So I told him I'm using it for fruit juice and also sending it abroad to my customers. So that's why I need it in large quantities. So he now asked me to explain the cost and processes of making fruit juice and export processes to him!

I was really shocked at this question because you don't ask a customer to give you such kind of consultation on Whatsapp. So I now told him to leave that one for now, that we can discuss it whenever we meet face to face.

Then he now responded arrogantly to me, telling me that if I want to do business with him, I must be ready to answer his questions! This was very shocking and embarrassing to me. So I then told him that it's not my duty as his customer to explain the process of making fruit juice and export processes to hm, that if he wants to go into the business of making fruit juice and exportation, he should consult a professional consultant for it and it's not my duty to do that as his customer.

I told him his behavior was wrong and arrogant, and that since he behaved that way to me, I'm no longer willing to buy from him, and that I will put the matter on Nairaland, so that Nairalanders and Nigerians will share their opinions, whether it was proper for him to ask me to explain to him and give him free consultations on how to make banana fruit juice and export processes, or not.

He then started bragging and telling me that if I put it on Nairaland, I'm only wasting my time, because he has many people and many contacts on Nairaland who will speak for him.

Now this is the reason why people have bad character in Nigeria. It's because people with bad behavior have supporters who will support them no matter what they do. It's because the level of morality in Nigeria has been seriously eroded and because many Nigerians support bad behavior and bad character. It's because there are no consequences for bad behavior and bad character. It's because there are no consequences for people who talk to others anyhow they like and even talk down at their customers anyhow they like. And a lot of people will receive this kind of insult and not say or do anything. They will not correct the bad person that what he or she has done or said is wrong, so that they can change and not do it to another person.

That's why this bad behavior and bad character continues to spread all over Nigeria and many Nigerians are now known to be horrible people, arrogant people, very stubborn people and all kinds of bad behavior that many Nigerians exhibit home and abroad.

Nigeria cannot develop if we keep encouraging bad behavior and bad character, if there are no consequences for bad behavior, if we keep rewarding and pampering people with bad behavior instead of cautioning them, so that they won't do it to the next person. The government is not the problem of Nigeria, rather, Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. It's the fault of many Nigerians with bad character and I will keep saying it continuously. I will never stop. Thank God I'm also a writer and an author, so I don't mind to spend all my life writing about the bad behavior of many Nigerians, so that they can change, for a better Nigeria.

Many people you will call them to buy things from them, they will snub you or some will even insult you, or you go to their stall/shop to buy and they will treat you anyhow. This has become the character of many business people and sellers in Nigeria and that's why they don't progress, but retrogression, because they have insulted so many people. They keep living from hand to mouth, no progress, but they will blame the government for their problems without knowing they caused it by their bad behavior.

Just because they have small money to set up a shop or farm, they feel they have arrived and would begin to treat their customers anyhow. They can never progress. One day the business will collapse. That's why many businesses fail in Nigeria. That's the main reason businesses don't last in Nigeria. They just collapse suddenly. It's because of the evil of bad character.

When you lose your character, you have lost everything in life. And the difficult part of it is that it's very difficult to change a person's character. They will never accept or be humble enough to accept that they are wrong and to apologize. That arrogance will push them to their downfall even if they've been making a lot of money before. From grace to grass is very easy. It's very easy to move from grace to grass but very very difficult to move from grass to grace. So be careful as you read this and learn something from it.

It can take you 20 or 30 years to move from grass to grace, but if you misbehave and become puffed up with arrogance and pride and begin to treat people badly, you can go back to grass within 24 hours or less! All the money you've made for 20 or 30 years can vanish within 24 hours or less if you're not careful with your character and the way you talk to people or treat people.

So when I told him I will post it on Nairaland, he now started threatening to deal with me, calling me a small boy, that he will deal with me, that I'm playing with fire. He doesn't even know my age, whether I'm even older than him, he doesn't even know.

So are we supposed to allow these kind of arrogant sellers on Nairaland? People who don't know how to treat customers or how to talk to customers? Did we not learn in school, both in secondary school and in the university, that the customer is king? Is it proper anywhere in the world for you to ask your customer such an embarrassing question to explain to you how to make banana fruit juice and how to export banana before you sell to him, as a condition to sell to the customer?

When people exhibit bad character and bad behavior around you and throw thrash at you and you keep quiet without complaining or without cautioning them, they will do worse things to others. They will continue to spread this evil behavior all over Nigeria because nobody cautioned them and because there's no consequences for bad behavior. Let's stop it now!

Pls I want all Nigerians home and abroad to say their opinions and contribute to this matter. If I'm wrong in any way, pls let me know and I will take correction. Let us make Nigeria better. We can't continue to tolerate people with bad character. And when they go abroad, they will exhibit such bad behavior and disgrace Nigeria and the rest of the world will now think that Nigerians are bad, which is not true. It's only a few people behaving badly and giving Nigeria a bad name with their bad character, and spoiling the chance of others from getting visas and employment opportunities abroad.

We must caution and stop people with this kind of behavior before it affects all Nigerians. It's because we tolerate and encourage little bad behavior, that's why these evil people continue to do it and think that nothing will happen. They have hope in their godfathers and in their evil backers without knowing these people encouraging them will put them in trouble and destroy their lives and businesses.

Let me stop here for now. I'm sorry I took so much of your time writing such a long piece for you to read. It's because I write very fast and very long always.

Thanks so much for reading and God bless you all.

Best regards.

CC Seun
nlfpmod
OAM4J
RoyalRoy
FarmTech
Pavore9
All Nairaland mods

2 Likes

Re: Why Farmers Fail In Nigeria & Why People Don't Progress In Nigeria. by Coming125(m): 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2023
Is this proper? Is this proper behavior?

Re: Why Farmers Fail In Nigeria & Why People Don't Progress In Nigeria. by Coming125(m): 2:45pm On Sep 11, 2023
Share your views and experiences with these scammers who have nothing to sell but would pretend to be selling something just to scam you of your money.

Let's stop this scam.
Re: Why Farmers Fail In Nigeria & Why People Don't Progress In Nigeria. by Coming125(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2023
Your sincere views.

Whether it's now a crime to contact someone who claims he sells a farm produce on Nairaland.

Whether it's proper for you to be asking your customer embarrassing questions and unnecessary questions just because you want to sell to him.
Re: Why Farmers Fail In Nigeria & Why People Don't Progress In Nigeria. by Coming125(m): 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2023
And the funny thing is that many of these people here on Nairaland and also on this Agric section are scammers.

They take people's money without delivering the farm produce they claim to have. Very dubious and irresponsible people.
Re: Why Farmers Fail In Nigeria & Why People Don't Progress In Nigeria. by Coming125(m): 2:51pm On Sep 11, 2023
Probably he was trying to scam me, who knows? Many of them post things on Nairaland just to scam others. They claim to be in far away places such as the North, or Abuja, etc, since they know most people who would contact them are from Lagos or Southern Nigeria, so they use distance as an opportunity to scam people on Nairaland.

So we are waiting for people who will come and defend him that he has done the right thing and that he should be patted at the back and commended.
Re: Why Farmers Fail In Nigeria & Why People Don't Progress In Nigeria. by Coming125(m): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2023
Over to you house!
Re: Why Farmers Fail In Nigeria & Why People Don't Progress In Nigeria. by Coming125(m): 11:43am On Sep 12, 2023
Good morning my people. Let's hear from you.

Share your views and experiences with these arrogant people and scammers here on Nairaland who claim to have farm produce to sell but in actual sense they have nothing to sell but just scamming people.
Re: Why Farmers Fail In Nigeria & Why People Don't Progress In Nigeria. by Coming125(m): 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2023
Be very careful with many people here because many of them are scammers. They pretend to sell things but they don't have anything to sell. They are just out to scam you of your money. Beware my people.

That's his intention. He was looking for a way to scam me. Very arrogant and irresponsible man.
Re: Why Farmers Fail In Nigeria & Why People Don't Progress In Nigeria. by simi1(m): 11:23pm On Sep 12, 2023
There are good, bad and terrible people here it's a jungle but there are also very good people too on this forum.
Re: Why Farmers Fail In Nigeria & Why People Don't Progress In Nigeria. by Coming125(m): 8:07am On Sep 13, 2023
But the bad ones are more.

(1) (Reply)

I Have 1000kg Of Well Processed Broiler For Sale / Ponmo & Tinko (dried Meat) From The North Neededd / Where Can I Get Carrots And Walnuts In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.