Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

'yoruba Hip Hop,' Mode 9,tiwa Savage,and 'other Yankee Wannabes' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'yoruba Hip Hop,' Mode 9,tiwa Savage,and 'other Yankee Wannabes' (1306 Views)

Tiwa Savage And Her Son Visit MTN Office / Laura Ikeji Travels With New Clothes To Yankee / Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Tiwa Savage And How She Spends Her Millions(Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'yoruba Hip Hop,' Mode 9,tiwa Savage,and 'other Yankee Wannabes' by LOIUSXIV: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2011
the recent uproar generated by Tiwa savage video ,'love me ,love me, love me',to me, wasn't surprising when you consider the naija HYPOCRISY;(religious but corrupt)WHAT MANY fail to know is that sex sells,whether you like it or not .to me,TIWA DIDN'T NOT EVEN SHOW MUCH WHEN you juxtapose the 'gagas','Rowlands'e.t.c.Ms. Tiwa as been labelled 'yankee wannabe' or imitator,a cliche ,nowadys used as a weapon byNAIJA 'hip hop 'culture' warriors.
Injecting yoruba language into hip-hop whether as 'hook',or lyrics,today is an unwritten rule to make hip-hop hits,largely, albeit.must an ARTISTE inject yoruba or igbo into a track just for the sake of it?yes, it is pertinent to preserve our culture by the use of indigenous lang. but not all artistes need that,to be successful. what culture warriors fail to grasp is that considering circumstances such as birth ,emigration,inter-marriage,environment,THEN, all NAIJA artistes cannot BE the Same;'vernacular wise'.good music is RELATIVE,not 'universal'.WHAT IS GOOD MUSIC TO YOU IS 'WACK' TO OTHERS. in port-harcurt,in 2004,watching RONALDINHO's, 'coronation',in ZURICH,SWITZERLAND,many viewers grumbled about the incessant OPERA 'delays',forgetting that what opera music is to the EUROPEAN IS same as RAP to the blackman.
then,there is 'MODE 9'.unarguably the 'best RAPPER IN NAIJA',albeit not the 'best nigerian rapper',when you understand his poor commercial successs in 'vernacular strong' naija hip-hop.'yoruba hip hop', is good as we are not and CAN NEVER BE americans or 'yankees'.but the conspiracy of ignoring,the so called 'yankee wannabes' should stop.good music is good music.whether done in yoruba,igbo,pidgin or 'YANKEE STYLE'.DJS,T.V,STAR MEGA JAM,RADIO STATIONS, shOULD STOP THIS CONSPIRACY.the reward system should not be discriminatory.artistes like MODE 9,SHOULD BE ACCORDED THEIR WORTH,'shows wise'.we all can't be of the same '.cloth' afterall,VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE.
Re: 'yoruba Hip Hop,' Mode 9,tiwa Savage,and 'other Yankee Wannabes' by kodewrita(m): 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2011
essentially you are begging the populace to like Mode 9.

he should blend with the spirit of the times. All great music artists flow with the times. The static ones die out. Change is the only constant and hence that which goes against it deserves what it gets.

enough said.

(1) (Reply)

Micheal Jordan Gets Engaged To Girlfriend Yvette Prieto / VIDEO - Top Actress Fondles Man's Balls On TV / I Got Disvirgined By Donjazzy – Tonto Dikeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.