Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Review Of The Movie Jagun Jagun (2023), Which Is Available On Netflix - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Review Of The Movie Jagun Jagun (2023), Which Is Available On Netflix (248 Views)

My Review Of SLTV After 2 Months Of Usage / 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun / Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Review Of The Movie Jagun Jagun (2023), Which Is Available On Netflix by hdmovieplug(m): 9:58am On Sep 13, 2023

What is the plot of the film Jagun Jagun? A young guy motivated to become a great warrior enlists in an elite army and experiences the love of a woman and the anger of a psychotic tyrant.

The Review

To truly understand the majesty, wealth, and powers of old Yoruba warriors, Jagun Jagun is the movie for you. This movie throws you amid the shenanigans of the old kings, how they used the powerful warriors to terrorize their people but inadvertently made the warriors very wealthy and powerful.

From the opening montage, the beauty of the rainforest is evident. The casting director deserves an award; every character is well chosen for their roles; anyone in the Yoruba movie industry plays a part in this movie. Some have no speaking part but play their roles to the T.

Femi Adebayo has always been excellent in his movies on the small screen. With the King of Thieves, he showed us he is the king of the large screen, too. With a stellar cast, Jagun Jagun leaves everything on the screen. The plot twists are unexpected, leaving your jaws on the ground.

Lateef Adedimeji is the king of the screens. We can have several kings, but no role is too small for him. And he brings his excellence and attention to detail in performing this role here.

Bukunmi Adesina leads the female character, and I love how she is not immediately introduced to us. She shows up with stealth and then captures the whole screen every time. The twist about her origin, role, and how Ogundiji uses her is fascinating and captivating.

The storyline is well-researched, all loose ends are tightened, and this movie has no boring scenes. Every scene connects to the larger story, and even the montage scenes are properly connected to the whole story.

The battle scenes are well choreographed, so you can almost feel the travails and pains that the warriors are going through. This movie employs a lot of SFX, but the beauty is that you don't know where they are; that is how good the SFX is, making you believe you are looking at the real thing.

The soundtrack for Jagun Jagun is well chosen, not intrusive, but lending the right atmosphere to the scenes. I usually don't watch the credits of a movie, but I watched the credits for this one because I was so captivated by the production. I hoped there would have been extra scenes like we get treated to in Marvel movies. Oh, well.

The introduction of the main character in the last scene makes you wonder if there will be a sequel, but it does not make you think the movie is unfinished. It is concluded but leaves room for more in a good way.

I almost have no criticism for Jagun Jagun. Perhaps I am biased, but the one criticism I might have is that in the opening scene, a warrior dies from a single cut to their hand, but my head has me explaining that the battle-axe may have been steeped in poison.

Jagun Jagun is an epic movie in the true sense of epic movies, with one or two sprinkling of current slang, but artfully employed to provide some comic relief. However, this movie is not comedic; it takes you by the jugular from the opening scene and only lets go in the last scene.

https://hiphopszn.com.ng/review-of-the-movie-jagun-jagun-2023-which-is-available-on-netflix/
Re: Review Of The Movie Jagun Jagun (2023), Which Is Available On Netflix by TemplarLandry: 9:58am On Sep 13, 2023
cool

(1) (Reply)

Ijogbon (netflix Official Trailer) � / Water And Garri (2024) – Nollywood Movie / This Blog Or The Website FOR 5OOO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.