Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

I Need Your Advice On This - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Your Advice On This (172 Views)

I Want Your Advice On Travelling To Kuwait To Work / A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. / Advice On France Student Admission And Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice On This by wayforward2grea(f): 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2023
Please i need your candid advice on this. I and my wife will be traveling to the US in few weeks time to visit my wife's brother and his wife. We have booked our hotel already but we later cancelled it because the wife said she has prepared a room for us. The husband did not know that we're coming because it's a surprise visit between us and her wife for her husband's birthday. My point is, i am just the type that hate to inconvenient people and no matter what i won't be comfortable because i will fell like we're disturbing them. Meanwhile they have about 3 houses they use for rentals, but i don't want to take advantage of her. Even if she didn't want to accept money from us at least she should accept maybe half of the rent. Please what do you think is the best thing to tell her to make her accept half of the 3 weeks rent from us please? I don't know what to tell her that will make her accept may be at least $1k or $500 at least something. Please i need your advice. Thanks.
Re: I Need Your Advice On This by Xscape1993(m): 5:08pm On Sep 13, 2023
What are good inlaws for? Nothing like inconveniences sir. There is enough space already. Journey mercy to you and your good wife. Go and return in peace in Jesus name....

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice On This by blackpanthar: 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2023
wayforward2grea:
Please i need your candid advice on this. I and my wife will be traveling to the US in few weeks time to visit my wife's brother and his wife. We have booked our hotel already but we later cancelled it because the wife said she has prepared a room for us. The husband did not know that we're coming because it's a surprise visit between us and her wife for her husband's birthday. My point is, i am just the type that hate to inconvenient people and no matter what i won't be comfortable because i will fell like we're disturbing them. Meanwhile they have about 3 houses they use for rentals, but i don't want to take advantage of her. Even if she didn't want to accept money from us at least she should accept maybe half of the rent. Please what do you think is the best thing to tell her to make her accept half of the 3 weeks rent from us please? I don't know what to tell her that will make her accept may be at least $1k or $500 at least something. Please i need your advice. Thanks.

give it as a surprise gift, hide it somewhere when you are leaving their house..

or send it anonymously via paypal agents

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice On This by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2023
wayforward2grea:
Use that money to buy Nigerian food recipes for them.
They will appreciate it more than any money.

Also if any of my family is coming to USA, the least I will do is to make them comfortable.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Holidays Around The World Question / Complete View Of The Awka Fun City Construction, Anambra State / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.