Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,114 members, 7,832,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? (998 Views)

Pelumi Nubi Involved In Accident While Driving By Road From London To Lagos / Is It Safe To Travel By Road From PH To Lagos Now? / Kogi Flood: 8 Days On The Road From Warri To Lokoja, Motorists Cry Out (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by EquitableTech: 10:09am On Sep 17, 2023
Pls I'm considering traveling by road from Lagos to Kebbi state soon.
How safe are the roads from kidnapping and banditry?
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by illicit(m): 10:11am On Sep 17, 2023
grin
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by RevDesm0ndJuju: 10:15am On Sep 17, 2023
EquitableTech:
Don't try it.

That's bandit avenue .

The entire Niger state isn't safe.

Zamfara shares a border with both Kebbi and Niger
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by successmatters(m): 10:17am On Sep 17, 2023
The danger is in Ogun State, make sure you follow another route that won't make you pass Ogun, or buy a helmet grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by wrongman665(m): 11:29am On Sep 17, 2023
Just gamble with your life grin
but if you manage escape the south west then you don't have problem grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by MrsTwrite(f): 11:55am On Sep 17, 2023
Don't joke with your precious life.
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by Floky215: 12:00pm On Sep 17, 2023
EquitableTech:

It's very very safe...only that you need keep like 50 - 100Million Naira as insurance cos men that side don't take or accept chicken change for bail...!!

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by Teetee777: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2023
Passing through Niger state to Kebbi state is very safe, those drivers know their way to bypass the road where bandits are operating inside the Niger state. That's the only place you can pass from Kainji, Niger state road to Kebbi state.

Another road that you can pass to Kebbi state is through Zaria - Zamfara- Sokoto but these roads are very dangerous to anybody.

If you are afraid to go through the car or bus, I will advise you to enter a trailer to Kebbi state, A trailer is one of the safest ways to travel to northern states but it is very slow but it is worth it for your safety, I'm talking as an experienced traveler throught all the northern states and I have first-hand information of all the roads.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by ozo13(m): 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2023
EquitableTech:
it's safe Bro.Just pray and hit the road coming.the Niger state the Desmond above is talking about, u won't necessarily have to pass through the road where those bandits are.most drivers pass through mokwa to kontagora when coming from south western state and Kwara state then in the next 30minutes u are already in Kebbi border with Niger.All in all if u can afford flight ticket u can enter sokoto state and then enter taxi down to kebbi because the airport in Kebbi as at the last time isn't functional again so every flight passenger alight in sokoto state then board a taxi down to kebbi.Flight is the best Sha if u can afford it.Ur mind will be at rest.
Bring agege bread come for me ooo.I reside here in kebbi.
Oops that reminds me, even with flight , there is a danger kidnapping zone between sokoto and kebbi as at the last information.Dont worry just pray and start the journey.i wish azman and the other flight are still operating in Kebbi, e for make sense wella for you.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by Afamed: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Don't try it.

That's bandit avenue .

The entire Niger state isn't safe.

Zamfara shares a border with both Kebbi and Niger

Don't listen to this kind of a fellow if sincerely you have a Journey to make
It's definitely a 2 day Journey from Lagos to Kebbi.
First make your Journey down to Abuja first, then you sleep over in Abuja , from Abuja, you can then make another Journey down to Kebbi early in the morning
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by Jlow2: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2023
Nowhere is safe in Nigeria by road, pray and ask God for journey mercies, trust Nigeria security at ur peril
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by RevDesm0ndJuju: 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2023
Afamed:

First make your Journey down to Abuja first, then you sleep over in Abuja , from Abuja, you can then make another Journey down to Kebbi early in the morning

Passing through Minna, Niger and then through Zungeru and Later the hilly areas bordering Zamfara , Kaduna and Kebbi where bandits thrive .

Ol boy go and search if there is any flight from Abuja to Kebbi .

The NW is the most dangerous zone in Nigeria even more than the Boko ravaged NE and the cannibal yeast.
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by BigDawsNet: 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2023
You can try it if you hav the liver..

For me it's a 50/50 thing
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by EquitableTech: 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2023
na wha o

E be like say....
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by sconp: 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2023
EquitableTech:
na wha o

E be like say....

There's nothing to be afraid of, just pray and make your journey. I know someone who recently travelled by road from Kebbi to Ibadan. I know others who have made the journey to and fro.

Enter a vehicle going to Sokoto and stop in Kebbi, it's fairly safe.

The second option like someone else mentioned is to take a flight from Lagos to Sokoto and then take a vehicle to Kebbi.
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by EquitableTech: 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2023
sconp:

There's nothing to be afraid of, just pray and make your journey. I know someone who recently travelled by road from Kebbi to Ibadan. I know others who have made the journey to and fro.

Enter a vehicle going to Sokoto and stop in Kebbi, it's fairly safe.

The second option like someone else mentioned is to take a flight from Lagos to Sokoto and then take a vehicle to Kebbi.

Thanks for the encouragement.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by abolade4uall: 9:31pm On Sep 17, 2023
Afamed:

Go to abuja is a wrong way, very far

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by Themainboy22: 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Passing through Minna, Niger and then through Zungeru and Later the hilly areas bordering Zamfara , Kaduna and Kebbi where bandits thrive .

Ol boy go and search if there is any flight from Abuja to Kebbi .

The NW is the most dangerous zone in Nigeria even more than the Boko ravaged NE and the cannibal yeast.
With this comment, I doubt if you've ever crossed over the shores of your village.

@op, just like others said, just pray and hit the road. From mokwa to kontangora to yauri to jega then Birnin kebbi is very safe. But expect bad roads, especially from mokwa to kontagora.
Safe journey!.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by emoboy4u: 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2023
This shouldn't be a question sef. People travel every single day, goods are moved everyday. And what other means are there for people that can't afford flight?

Nowhere is safe,even within Lagos. Hit the road and pray to God. But if you can afford flight, then that would be better

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by sconp: 11:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
Themainboy22:

With this comment, I doubt if you've ever crossed over the shores of your village.

@op, just like others said, just pray and hit the road. From mokwa to kontangora to yauri to jega then Birnin kebbi is very safe. But expect bad roads, especially from mokwa to kontagora.
Safe journey!.

The drivers might not even pass kontagora from Mokwa they'll link Felege
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by sconp: 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2023
@EquitableTech how was your journey?
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by sconp: 8:38am On Oct 09, 2023
Re: How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? by Teetee777: 10:42am On Oct 09, 2023

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get To Guinea In Africa What Is D Proceedure? / Uk,usa,canada Student Visa For May/june Or September 2010 Admissons Is Available / How Much Does It Cost To Charter An Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.