Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,096 members, 7,849,429 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:21 PM

Reproduce What You Can Cater For - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reproduce What You Can Cater For (601 Views)

Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For / Why Do Some Married Couples End Up With More Children Than They Can Cater For? / Please Help Me Am An Orphan I Need A Job To Cater For My Child And Siblings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reproduce What You Can Cater For by MajESTHY(f): 9:01am On Sep 20, 2023
It's high time couples give birth to children they know and can cater for.
It's not a thing of joy to see a child of school age going from one family to another as a househelp,nanny,baby guardian etc..
Some are promised to be sent to school which they are not.
Some are promised to be paid which they are not.
About 98% of them are maltreated.
Some are later sent home with sackbags.
couples and prospective couples should try as much as possible to keep their children under their care.
The sight and stories isn't a nice thing.
They're too young for such life.

5 Likes

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by MS247: 9:06am On Sep 20, 2023
Do not make this a mere thread, put your money where your mouth is

Draft a law proposal

Limit birth per family to a certain number according to taxable income the parents makes

Make a proposal to legalize abortion

4 Likes

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by MajESTHY(f): 9:11am On Sep 20, 2023
MS247:
Do not make this a mere thread, put your money where your mouth is

Draft a law proposal

Limit birth per family to a certain number according to taxable income the parents makes

Make a proposal to legalize abortion

Tell that to your government officials not me.
This is my own little way of creating awareness.

2 Likes

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by MS247: 9:14am On Sep 20, 2023
MajESTHY:

Tell that to your government officials not me.
This is my own little way of creating awareness.

I guess your own little contribution might just end somewhere buried on Nairaland dead thread

1 Like

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by Berrityga: 9:24am On Sep 20, 2023
How many of this children are you catering for? Yes Nigerians fucccck and give birth like dogs especially the poor once. But I’m your own little way try and help. I have three street children that I’m training in school. Still have one that her man drove her out with her baby I’m currently taking care of the child. Another one that the guy denied the pregnancy I’ve been following the girl to hospital and standing like the father of the child🎈. Sometimes this women are deceived into having kids and sometimes things don’t turn out the way they planned you don’t expect them to throwaway the child.
Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by MajESTHY(f): 10:36am On Sep 20, 2023
MS247:

I guess your own little contribution might just end somewhere buried on Nairaland dead thread

That's if other people here have your wacky reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by MS247: 10:38am On Sep 20, 2023
MajESTHY:

That's if other people here have your wacky reasoning.

Yep 😁🤭

33 veiws In an hour... Your thread isn't leaving Nairaland trash section anytime soon

1 Like

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by Stevenbright(m): 11:29am On Sep 20, 2023
You are very right.

No one should rush into marriage just because your body is in need of copulation.

Rather, prepare financially, emotionally and mentally for marriage and it's responsibilities. And when you finally made the decision, give birth to the few number of kids you can confirmably care for.

2 Likes

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by ogashman(m): 11:40pm On Sep 20, 2023
I was telling someone the other day that this is the root cause of generational/multi dimentional poverty in Nigeria.

Some people just give birth indiscriminately without recourse to how they are going to train these kids.

These kids end up being used and abused by others.

Some of them are already breadwinners of their families at a tender age. Doing all sort of things to make ends meet.

Give birth to the number of kids u can take care of. It's as simple as that. Nobody is saying u should not get married while earning a low pay but if u do, then u can give birth to one child and zip up. Train that one child to become someone who will be beneficial to u and society.

In saner climes, couples give birth to one and they are okay. In Nigeria, people would say "what if the child dies and you are left with no offspring ?" then so be it. Life is meant to be enjoyed. You can't be giving birth like rat because u feel if anyone dies, then u still a replacement.

Also in Nigeria, people give birth like rabbits because they are looking for a male child. 1st child female, 2nd child same, 3rd same....ahah..u no go stop? When ur salary or income can not support them.

And when u ask these set of people why they kept birthing even when they have reached their threshold, they would say that they need a male child to continue the family bloodline. So that their name could be remembered.

The question I ask them is "who knows ur family name?" can u remember the name of ur great great great grandfather ?

It is not by birthing multiple times that a man retains his name but by distinguishing himself in whatever he does. People like Albert Einstein, mendelev, socrates, plate, Isaac Newton, etc are relevant today because of their work which have improved our society. Their work outlived them and their families.

So it's time we change the mentality that children are a gift from God or u must birth a male child because of that u end causing problems for ursef and the society at large.

6 Likes

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by Kobojunkie: 2:02am On Sep 21, 2023
MajESTHY:
it's high time couples give birth to children they know and can cater for.
It's not a thing of joy to see a child of school age going from one family to another as a househelp,nanny,baby guardian etc..
Some are promised to be sent to school which they are not.
Some are promised to be paid which they are not.
About 98% of them are maltreated.
Some are later sent home with sackbags.
couples and prospective couples should try as much as possible to keep their children under their care.
The sight and stories isn't a nice thing.
They're too young for such life
Na to begin by arresting and shaming all those who keep those kids as househelps and then fining parents for sending their kids out as child laborers. We know enough now to be sure that this evil must be stamped out. undecided

1 Like

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by Kobojunkie: 3:46am On Sep 21, 2023
Berrityga:
How many of this children are you catering for? Yes Nigerians fucccck and give birth like dogs especially the poor once. But I’m your own little way try and help. I have three street children that I’m training in school. Still have one that her man drove her out with her baby I’m currently taking care of the child. [size=8pt]Another one that the guy denied the pregnancy I’ve been following the girl to hospital and standing like the father of the child🎈. Sometimes this women are deceived into having kids and sometimes things don’t turn out the way they planned you don’t expect them to throwaway the child. [/size]
So, you think that while doing absolutely nothing about the ones who continue to breed like dogs, we should instead take to caring for the kids they continue to produce.. that is your approach to the problem? So while you are busy schooling their kids, you basically their parents up so they can continue to pump out more babies for you to take care of for them, no be so? Na wa ooo! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by finallybusy: 4:08am On Sep 21, 2023
MS247:

I will use the thread to toast one girl I have my eye on since OP is an unserious entity.

1 Like

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by finallybusy: 4:09am On Sep 21, 2023
Berrityga:
How many of this children are you catering for? Yes Nigerians fucccck and give birth like dogs especially the poor once. But I’m your own little way try and help. I have three street children that I’m training in school. Still have one that her man drove her out with her baby I’m currently taking care of the child. Another one that the guy denied the pregnancy I’ve been following the girl to hospital and standing like the father of the child🎈. Sometimes this women are deceived into having kids and sometimes things don’t turn out the way they planned you don’t expect them to throwaway the child.
Awon father Christmas.

2 Likes

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by finallybusy: 4:11am On Sep 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Na to begin by arresting and shaming all those who keep those kids as househelps and then fining parents for sending their kids out as child laborers. We know enough now to be sure that this evil must be stamped out. undecided
Look at this Nairaland moderator in disguise, working very hard for his monthly 30k. Brotherly, I hail.
Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by LordReed(m): 9:35am On Sep 21, 2023
ogashman:
I was telling someone the other day that this is the root cause of generational/multi dimentional poverty in Nigeria.

Some people just give birth indiscriminately without recourse to how they are going to train these kids.

Some of them are already breadwinners of their families at a tender age. Doing all sort of things to make ends meet.

Give birth to the number of kids u can take care of. It's as simple as that. Nobody is saying u should not get married while earning a low pay but if u do, then u can give birth to one child and zip up. Train that one child to become someone who will be beneficial to u and society.

In saner climes, couples give birth to one and they are okay. In Nigeria, people would say "what if the child dies and you are left with no offspring ?" then so be it. Life is meant to be enjoyed. You can't be giving birth like rat because u feel if anyone dies, then u still a replacement.

Also in Nigeria, people give birth like rabbits because they are looking for a male child. 1st child female, 2nd child same, 3rd same....ahah..u no go stop? When ur salary or income can not support them.

And when u ask these set of people why they kept birthing even when they have reached their threshold, they would say that they need a male child to continue the family bloodline. So that their name could be remembered.

The question I ask them is "who knows ur family name?" can u remember the name of ur great great great grandfather ?

It is not by birthing multiple times that a man retains his name but by distinguishing himself in whatever he does. People like Albert Einstein, mendelev, socrates, plate, Isaac Newton, etc are relevant today because of their work which have improved our society. Their work outlived them and their families.

So it's time we change the mentality that children are a gift from God or u must birth a male child because of that u end causing problems for ursef and the society at large.

Illiteracy and superstition is another side to this. We have a large population of people to who the concept of family planning is either inaccessible due lack of literacy or active discouragement of family planning due to superstitious beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:15am On Sep 21, 2023
MS247:

Yep 😁🤭

33 veiws In an hour... Your thread isn't leaving Nairaland trash section anytime soon

Are you normal? Your brain can't comprehend what an awareness means? You breed negativity or what?

2 Likes

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by Ensa777(f): 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2023
Yesterday I met a child of about 6yrs backing a baby of say 3 months with wrapper which was already falling off.My heart was leaping as I rushed to help tie it firmly.
I was livid;at the parent who gave out a 6 yr old as help,a stupid mother who'd risk her baby.
The girls head is filled with hairinfcetion including the baby with sores all over her body.It was so obvious even the guardian no get.

I will buy fulcin and topical cream and go back to find her then give her guardian a piece of my mind.

So annoying

2 Likes

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by MajESTHY(f): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2023
MS247:

Yep 😁🤭

I thought 33 is also a Number?

Atleast "33" "vIEws".
By the way,it's now above 200 views.
Try and spell properly first before you look for who to drag with your under-developed brain.
NL is a trash section and you're here.
Wow,Trashfool.
Get your bittered-self outta my thread Unamikot.
You gravel-brained fool.
Go and pound pepper for your mum,People with your level of reasoning and perspective shouldnt be here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by MajESTHY(f): 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2023
Berrityga:

I don't have to start telling you things on this.
Those around me know me and what I do in my own little way.
You should think of what even motivated me into making this thread.
Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by MajESTHY(f): 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
Stevenbright:
You are very right.

No one should rush into marriage just because your body is in need of copulation.

Rather, prepare financially, emotionally and mentally for marriage and it's responsibilities. And when you finally made the decision, give birth to the few number of kids you can confirmably care for.

That's what most of the them refuse to understand.

"God will provide" is what is killing them.

3 Likes

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by MajESTHY(f): 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
ogashman:

📌📌📌📌
Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by MajESTHY(f): 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2023
finallybusy:
I will use the thread to toast one girl I have my eye on since OP is an unserious entity.

LOL
Abeg do fast,I want chop cake.
Whether e go dey at the end grin grin
Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by MajESTHY(f): 12:49pm On Sep 25, 2023
Ensa777:
Yesterday I met a child of about 6yrs backing a baby of say 3 months with wrapper which was already falling off.My heart was leaping as I rushed to help tie it firmly.
I was livid;at the parent who gave out a 6 yr old as help,a stupid mother who'd risk her baby.
The girls head is filled with hairinfcetion including the baby with sores all over her body.It was so obvious even the guardian no get.

I will buy fulcin and topical cream and go back to find her then give her guardian a piece of my mind.

So annoying

Omo,
Those kids are deeply suffering cuz of their parents mistake and bad decisions.

1 Like

Re: Reproduce What You Can Cater For by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2023
Tell them ooo. Because they will now come on Nairaland to scam people

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Land For Sale At Ikorodu / Cheapest Holiday Package Abroad / True But Forsaken Tips For A Wealthier, Healthier And Happier Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.