Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

MTN Fastmail SMS: Features, Gains And Pains - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Fastmail SMS: Features, Gains And Pains (4493 Views)

Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability / Rooting My Samsung Galaxy S4... Wat Are The Gains And Loses? / What Are The Gains And Losses Of Gsm To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Fastmail SMS: Features, Gains And Pains by kbstar(m): 4:48pm On Jul 09, 2005
I have always seen this menu called 'FastMail Sms' on my phone while browsing MTN Services. Few days back, I decided to give it a try and having read through the instructions via the MTN4U PDF Brochure, I registered (that cost me N50). Though I was amazed by the fast delivery of my email (the service is accessible from any kind of phone regardless of GRPS)the service appears to have more pains than gains.

Below is the outline of what the service is all about:

MTN FastMail: enables sending of sms to email box irrespective of phone type or email server. It is a premium service(?) that delivers sms to emails in matter of seconds. Replies to your emails are delivered directly to your phones, in the MTNFastMail Inbox.
It is like carrying your emails 'Everywhere you go' tongue
Features, Gains And Pains:

- Once registered, a subscriber gets an email address @mtnfastmail.com e.g, nairaland@mtnfastmail.com

- To register, the subscriber sends a text message from his phone in this format: REG username(give space) password(give space)secretquestion(give space)secretanswer; eg REG nairaland 12345 mywebname nairaland; then send to 130.(This costs N25)

- A welcome message is recieved as: Welcome to MTNFastMail. Your MTNFastMail address is nairaland@mtnfastmail.com

- To LOGIN, send LOGIN to 130(This cost N25).

- To check your Inbox, Send INBOX to 130.(another N25)

- To read emails, send s/n(eg send 1, representing message 1) i.e send 1 to 130.(N25 again).This will only display the sender's name and message subject and the you will be asked to send MORE INBOX to 130 (another N25) to read the rest of the message.

- To send email, type a text message in this format: SEND EMAILADDRESS MESSAGE to 130 eg. type: SEND nairaland@mtnfastmail.com
This is to introduce MTNFastMail to members of this forum. send to 130 (N25 charge). You get a report if message is successfully sent.

Whenever you recieve an email, you get an instant notification as: MTNFastMail. You have received an email from nairaland@mtnfastmail.com(pardon my continous use of nairaland, it's just for explanatory sake). Total message in INBOX is 3. To view your inbox send INBOX to 130...

Using this service for the first time, I sent an email to a friend who was baffled at the service. He quickly replied and bet you, i spent N50 to read his reply which read: 'I received it' embarassed

I have assessed this service and have as well as discouraging my friend using it, resolved never to try it again. Imagine how rich Yahoo and MSN would have been if similar billing system is adopted.
Re: MTN Fastmail SMS: Features, Gains And Pains by hotangel2(f): 11:47pm On Jul 09, 2005
Haha, that is [rubbish] men! See I have 'Vision' on my phone (I use Sprintpcs). With the 'Vision' I can get on any place I want on the web. Vision is free for first two months and then they bill you 10 dollars for other months. MTN method is giving me headache even without using it.
Re: MTN Fastmail SMS: Features, Gains And Pains by rufaai(m): 12:11am On Jul 10, 2005
[b][/b] glo Also gives thesame

Hey, the MTN procedure is very hard and there billing is very expensive. with glo you it all, very cheep and easy.

every globacom subscriber has an email 234805*******@sms.gloworld.com where you can receive mails.

when you have a mail, they will notify you fro free and let you know the senders mail and its size.

it will cost you only N15 to read your mail depending on its size.

if you want to know much about this service, send "HELP" to "3333" and they will give you more info about it.
Re: MTN Fastmail SMS: Features, Gains And Pains by dagaro(m): 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2005
Thanks to kbstar,after reading your post I decide to give the matnfastmail a trial, through that I paticepate in a quiz which I also got the answer through your post. I am now a proud winner of 14'' sharp TV.
Re: MTN Fastmail SMS: Features, Gains And Pains by peekayi(m): 8:57am On Aug 08, 2010
Hi Everyone. I came accross MTN fast mail while browsing the net to find out how sms meant for my mtn line are forward to a third party without neither my consent not the sender. Can a subsciber to MTNfastmail who know my number give instructions to mtnfastmail to forward all mails meant for my line to his or her phone? Or is there any software that has the capacity to do that?

(1) (Reply)

Team Tecno Thread. / What Phone With Led Notification And Big Screen Can I Get For 50k? / Help! Where Can I Get A Good Nokia E72 (made In Finland, Hungary Or Koria)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.