Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) (42539 Views)

The Most Dangerous Foods In The World (Graphic Photos) / Have You Seen Or Eaten Albino Cucumbers Before? (Photos) / See The Top 4 Most Eaten Foods In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by Burgerlomo: 2:32am On Oct 05, 2023
πŸ‘
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by Coconunu(m): 4:44am On Oct 05, 2023
The Number 1 for the the list is missing AKA Garri
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by Kulimi: 4:46am On Oct 05, 2023
Yes
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by grandstar(m): 5:33am On Oct 05, 2023
Jennyclay:
Especially rice.

I ate rice this afternoon, tomorrow is Sunday and I will cook rice.

Biko, who made it compulsory for Nigerians to cook Rice on a Sunday. The person must be a legend.

Be careful of rice
Most rice we eat is over processed and likely to encourage weight gain and diabetes

If you're to eat, focus on Ofada or Basmati rice, the former is way cheaper than the latter.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by Nyanabo(m): 5:45am On Oct 05, 2023
It should like so;

1. Rice
2. Bread
3. Egg
4. Chicken
5. Pasta.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by Nokio2: 5:54am On Oct 05, 2023
In Nigeria
1.agbado
2.beans
3.yam
4.cassava
5.bone
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 6:15am On Oct 05, 2023
TMKsouth:

Nigerian list. Rice shouldn't be number 1. You think the whole world eats jollof.

Maize (corn) & flour beat rice.

Actually, a very high population of the world eats rice.

I even find it odd that South Africans hardly do.
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 6:17am On Oct 05, 2023
Omoapena:

You need eyeglasses if that’s what you read…

I don't. Sorry. cheesy
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by treatise: 6:22am On Oct 05, 2023
grin
mariahAngel:

The topic says Most eaten foods in the world.

All these garri people sef, I no get. undecided
grin
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by planetbluz: 6:24am On Oct 05, 2023
Fish nko?
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by Kajaard: 6:42am On Oct 05, 2023
mariahAngel:

It's done. 😌
Oya, go and call Nlfpmod.

Mariah remove pasta and replace it with potatoes. Potatoes are eaten by more nationalities in the world more than pasta.
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by countryman13: 6:48am On Oct 05, 2023
mariahAngel:
Heyyy foodies!!! πŸ‘‹πŸΌ
Happy weekend to you all.

So, I did a research on the most eaten foods in the world, and these are the top 5 according to some websites.

Do you agree with the list?
What food(s) do you think should in the top 5?

Picture credit: Google.
Chai Ewa suppose to dey there!
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by phoenix23401(m): 7:05am On Oct 05, 2023
Corn and wheat
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by te3fik(m): 7:08am On Oct 05, 2023
Where is garri in the list
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by Chasito(m): 7:17am On Oct 05, 2023
What of beans
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by juman(m): 7:20am On Oct 05, 2023
Rice overtook all other foods. Became so popular all over the world.
Rice was foreign food some decades ago.
My grandmother and mother did not consider rice as food they could not take it as a meal.
Here in the west, I have been to the kitchen of old peoples home, they eat mainly potato. Like mashed potato, potato with fish, and all kind of potato made food. I asked why only potato? The chefs said that, that was what the old people wanted. They cook rice only like once in a month. They were not used to eating rice.
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by Mypeople2(m): 7:39am On Oct 05, 2023
mariahAngel:
Heyyy foodies!!! πŸ‘‹πŸΌ
Happy weekend to you all.

So, I did a research on the most eaten foods in the world, and these are the top 5 according to some websites.

Do you agree with the list?
What food(s) do you think should in the top 5?

Picture credit: Google.
You are right..the sixth is fish
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by illicit(m): 7:45am On Oct 05, 2023
Sirlins:
that one na food ?

Yes nah
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by Iqtest: 7:54am On Oct 05, 2023
Remove rice and replace with potatoes πŸ‘

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by Josbreed: 8:09am On Oct 05, 2023
If maize doesn't make number 1 or 2, then our list is incomplete. Alot of the junks pple eat in developed countries are made from maize, like cereals and fllakes.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by Aybiochem: 9:19am On Oct 05, 2023
Can't argue with that logically the most populated countries in the world China and India consume those foods stated above maybe goes by a different names traditions

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by wale2020: 9:21am On Oct 05, 2023
Bread should be Number 1

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 9:22am On Oct 05, 2023
Kajaard:

Mariah remove pasta and replace it with potatoes. Potatoes are eaten by more nationalities in the world more than pasta.

Right? cheesy
I thought they were being partial with that pasta.
Imagine even placing it before bread.
Bread o. grin
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 9:23am On Oct 05, 2023
Iqtest:
Remove rice and replace with potatoes πŸ‘

😲
The audacity of potatoes! πŸ˜€
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 9:26am On Oct 05, 2023
Josbreed:
If maize doesn't make number 1 or 2, then our list is incomplete. Alot of the junks pple eat in developed countries are made from maize, like cereals and fllakes.

If we go by that, then wheat should be number 1, and there won't be need for foods like bread and pasta to appear on the list, you get? cheesy
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 9:28am On Oct 05, 2023
Nokio2:
In Nigeria
1.agbado
2.beans
3.yam
4.cassava
5.bone

Funnily enough, agbado is not even cheap o.
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 9:30am On Oct 05, 2023
countryman13:

Chai Ewa suppose to dey there!

Chasito:
What of beans

Olat4421:
Dey play where is beans

Don't worry guys, we'll compile our own list, then add all the beans we want. grin

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by Justpassingby45(m): 9:44am On Oct 05, 2023
mariahAngel:
Bonus: potatoes

Irish patoto should be at the top 5 not bonus
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by Olat4421: 9:51am On Oct 05, 2023
Dey play where is beans
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 10:11am On Oct 05, 2023
Justpassingby45:

Irish patoto should be at the top 5 not bonus

Are you sure?
It's not that much of a popular food in our part of the world.
Re: Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 10:12am On Oct 05, 2023
Olat4421:
Dey play where is beans

No be me compile the list naa. grin

Skyview01:
Akwa Ogazi!

O kwa ya? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are You Eating/Drinking Right Now? / Well Packaged Nigerian Dishes.. / Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.