Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

I'm building A Food Drier - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I'm building A Food Drier (363 Views)

Palm Kernel Extraction Machine And Drier / Effective Maize Drier, Dries Between 2-3hrs / Coal/gas Oven And Drier now selling for N45,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm building A Food Drier by Nikoleta(f): 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2023
So I was given a project to build a Food dehydrator from scratch but I got stuck.

Through online resources I discovered that Computer fan(Pc fan) is the most preferred choice for even distribution of heat but it's not available where I am.

Pls ๐Ÿ™ I'm calling on all the experts in the house to help me with other alternatives to these Pc fans especially the ones that will not consume much electricity.

1 Like

Re: I'm building A Food Drier by wittywriter: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
Nikoleta:
So I was given a project to build a Food dehydrator from scratch but I got stuck.

Through online resources I discovered that Computer fan(Pc fan) is the most preferred choice for even distribution of heat but it's not available where I am.

Pls ๐Ÿ™ I'm calling on all the experts in the house to help me with other alternatives to these Pc fans especially the ones that will not consume much electricity.

I know of industrial fans used for ventilation in bakery/bakeries.
Nikoleta:

Unfortunately, I am not in Lagos.
You can have it waybilled to your location.

Wittyness

1 Like

Re: I'm building A Food Drier by IamAsiri: 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2023
Nikoleta:

Are you sure they are not? Have you tried computer village?

1 Like

Re: I'm building A Food Drier by Machiny: 6:43am On Sep 25, 2023
Nikoleta:

was working on thesame project sometime ago...just lost my steam on it. Would go back to it some day since I have gotten all materials. Got those fans in electrical instrument like amplifier and used an adaptor to power it.

1 Like

Re: I'm building A Food Drier by Nikoleta(f): 10:38am On Sep 25, 2023
[quote author=wittywriter post=125996030]

Thank you. Do you have any idea where I can get it
Re: I'm building A Food Drier by Nikoleta(f): 10:46am On Sep 25, 2023
Machiny:
was working on thesame project sometime ago...just lost my steam on it. Would go back to it some day since I have gotten all materials. Got those fans in electrical instrument like amplifier and used an adaptor to power it.

Thank you. Where can I get these amplifiers.
Re: I'm building A Food Drier by Nikoleta(f): 10:47am On Sep 25, 2023
IamAsiri:

Are you sure they are not? Have you tried computer village?

Re: I'm building A Food Drier by Machiny: 11:13am On Sep 25, 2023
Nikoleta:

Thank you. Where can I get these amplifiers.
got mine from ilabuchi in port harcourt. Look for electrical market around your location.

1 Like

Re: I'm building A Food Drier by IamAsiri: 1:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nikoleta:

Oh. Or do you have anyone that can possibly get it for you and waybill it to you? I think it is a very cheap component of a computer (2500-3500 or so I think).

1 Like

Re: I'm building A Food Drier by Nikoleta(f): 2:19am On Sep 26, 2023
Machiny:
got mine from ilabuchi in port harcourt. Look for electrical market around your location.

Pls which side of ilabuchi
Re: I'm building A Food Drier by Nikoleta(f): 2:22am On Sep 26, 2023
IamAsiri:

Oh. Or do you have anyone that can possibly get it for you and waybill it to you? I think it is a very cheap component of a computer (2500-3500 or so I think).

Ok, I will check around. Thank you
Re: I'm building A Food Drier by Machiny: 8:06am On Sep 26, 2023
Nikoleta:

Pls which side of ilabuchi
where they repair electronics. Ask where you can buy replacement fans.chose the size and same shop has adaptor to step down current....can still ask for thermostat around there if you need it.
Re: I'm building A Food Drier by Nikoleta(f): 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2023
Machiny:
where they repair electronics. Ask where you can buy replacement fans.chose the size and same shop has adaptor to step down current....can still ask for thermostat around there if you need it.

I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
Try and go back to your project, it's quite interesting.
Re: I'm building A Food Drier by FarmTech(m): 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nikoleta:

Can u post pictures.

As for the fan. Visit computer repair shops

(1) (Reply)

Moringa 4 Sale / Fruit Slicing Machine / Urgent Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.