Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? (44098 Views)

I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do / I Can't Sleep For More Than 3 Hours At Night And I'm Losing Weight / Four Side Effects Of Sleeping With Lights On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Nobaga500(m): 7:35am On Sep 26, 2023
As for me, i prefer sleeping with ligth. Even when their is no light, i would rather put ON my phone light and sleep.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Ray07(m): 7:43am On Sep 26, 2023
Annahh:
Me too. I intentionally make sure my torches are charged, cause of creeping creatures. One day my bro woke up all of a sudden from a night sleep and saw a scorpion near him cause he had his torch on.
My cat caught a bat and dragged it in to my room while I was asleep a few days ago. The bat screeching sound was what woke me.

At least the light was on for me to see the hideous thing. grin
Can't sleep without light here.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Rapture123(m): 7:54am On Sep 26, 2023
You can't sleep with lights on but you can doze off when sermon is going on, with bright lights everywhere at church vigils... wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by achimendy(m): 8:01am On Sep 26, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Growing up I had no problem sleeping with the light on but for the past six years or so I can't sleep with the lights on. Even if I'm feeling very sleepy, the moment they bring light, the sleep is gone!!

Most times I turn of the light in my room even when PHCN didn't bring the light so I can sleep. Please who is going through this?

Thesame thing with me, I hardly sleep when the light is on.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Ogatobe: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2023
Biggiefela:
Light dey light no dey if sleep hold me nothing dey stop am. If dem like make dem fire gunshots I no go still wake

You are extremely lucky.
Uninterrupted 2 hours sleep for me is a luxury.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by MASTERMIND04(m): 8:28am On Sep 26, 2023
Wether there is lights on or off I sleep.
I prefer to sleep with the lights on but if there is no light, I still sleep.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Goalnaldo(m): 8:29am On Sep 26, 2023
Rapture123:
You can't sleep with lights on but you can doze off when sermon is going on, with bright lights everywhere at church vigils... wink wink
it's the work of the devil 😅😅
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by zimbolaa(m): 8:52am On Sep 26, 2023
KingAzubuike:
Sleep is sweeter in darkness. You have all the time in the world to flashback and reminisce on sweet memories of the past before you gradually doze off.
Until a gecko or a red neck crawls past your tummy….
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Nefort: 9:00am On Sep 26, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Growing up I had no problem sleeping with the light on but for the past six years or so I can't sleep with the lights on. Even if I'm feeling very sleepy, the moment they bring light, the sleep is gone!!

Most times I turn of the light in my room even when PHCN didn't bring the light so I can sleep. Please who is going through this?
Are you trying to tell me you can't sleep during the day? Because during the day you will have the light from the sun.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Goalnaldo(m): 9:05am On Sep 26, 2023
Nefort:

Are you trying to tell me you can't sleep during the day? Because during the day you will have the light from the sun.
they are two different things. Is light from the sun few metres above you? or shines directly on your face?
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Nefort: 9:12am On Sep 26, 2023
Goalnaldo:
they are two different things. Is light from the sun few metres above you? or shines directly on your face?
The you should specifically say you can't sleep with the electric bulb ON. Anyway, I don't think sleep has held you before. If you miss a whole night of sleep you MUST certainly sleep the next night whether the bulb is ON or not. grin
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Orderabove(m): 9:17am On Sep 26, 2023
Bellfun:
I don't like it either...I prefer to sleep with lights off
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Chasito(m): 9:38am On Sep 26, 2023
Kenmatt:
I like playing soft Christian worship song while sleeping.
so that Incase u no wake up, make e no be say u go hell fire, smart move grin
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by HOSTCOM(m): 10:16am On Sep 26, 2023
I can sleep either light on , light off or light continue to on and off. Sleep unlimited 'cos all sleep na sleep.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by zainkay: 10:30am On Sep 26, 2023
KingAzubuike:
Sleep is sweeter in darkness. You have all the time in the world to flashback and reminisce on sweet memories of the past before you gradually doze off.
Wow, I don't know it's the same for everyone.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by FoggedBrain: 10:58am On Sep 26, 2023
Nijagogetsense:

See you people? Always judging others because they don't behave as you do. Now, I ask why will someone sleep with light off? What work for you may not work for others. Live and let’s live. Let people do what please them. You need to grow up.

I sleep with light off, but that doesn't make me see those who sleep with light on as weird. The same time I may decide to sleep with light on...anyone that rock my boat...

Peace✌

Dude, I didn't mean that in a derogatory way. I personally had no problem sleeping with lights on when i was a kid but not anymore. I said that because I wanted to know how someone can sleep with the lights on as I can't. I can't sleep with the lights on because my brain would convince me that its daylight and i don't sleep during the day. When i want to sleep even the slightest sense of light can cause me not to. No be every question be fight.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by samsongbemisola(m): 11:07am On Sep 26, 2023
Am in this category before but when I get admission into higher institution and I stay alone in off-campus, I used to off the light before sleeping but cats and rat or bush rat do make loud noises in the ceiling which am not used to for someone sleeping alone for the first time in my life I tried acting like a man for some weeks but the day those rats n cat made a loud noise unconsciously I sprang off from sleep to run away and in the process I hit my head hard against the wall, since them I got no choice than to put on the light when sleeping. It was difficult to sleep at first but I get used to it.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by captainbangz: 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2023
I can't sleep with lights turned on, my brain will not rest.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by captainbangz: 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2023
zimbolaa:

Until a gecko or a red neck crawls past your tummy….
lol, this actually depends on the kind of room one sleeps in.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by SporaD8: 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2023
RingRoadMafia:
winch
No be winch matter, any conscious man will get the same feeling - Lights can be use to generate riot of illusions and that's no what you want when you're tryna get a rest!
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Opanka44(m): 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2023
Goalnaldo:
you are right 👍 but is that one of the ways knowing an introvert?

Yes Sir
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by caesymore(m): 6:58pm On Sep 27, 2023
SUPERPACK:
I am on the opposite. I can't sleep where there is no light. I hate darkness even when I am awake. Even when there is no light I must on our rechargeable bulb.

Wow, that's sounds very awkward to me, ọmo I dey always off light unless I Wana read
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by petux(m): 9:17am On Sep 28, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

LOL

Hi, sorry for intruding, you writing CFA? Read one of your diary entry..
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2023
petux:

Hi, sorry for intruding, you writing CFA? Read one of your diary entry..

🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by MrAgbako: 7:42am On Sep 29, 2023
Different people. Different wahala 😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man / Medical Facts Picture Series / Help!!!! A Friend Of Mine Was Diagnosed Of PID And Acyesis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.