Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,751 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Pls Nairaland I Need Help!!!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pls Nairaland I Need Help!!!!! (236 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Nairaland I Need Help!!!!! by rexlims(m): 5:14am On Sep 28, 2023
Good morning everyone. Pls pardon me if this isn't d right place to post this msg cos right now I just need suggestions fast.
Long story short, I gave a barrister a job to execute and d fees for d job has been paid. Though, no prior agreement on both sides how much my cut should be? 5m was eventually paid. From my end, we are 3 persons involved, and after confirming that d client has paid, I requested for our part and he said he will only pay us 500k.
I asked him that amount for I job I connected to him, he said it was a referral.
Pls I need advice as to how I need to get my own cut.
Thanks.
Re: Pls Nairaland I Need Help!!!!! by Greatzeus(m): 5:56am On Sep 28, 2023
rexlims:
Good morning everyone. Pls pardon me if this isn't d right place to post this msg cos right now I just need suggestions fast.
Long story short, I gave a barrister a job to execute and d fees for d job has been paid. Though, no prior agreement on both sides how much my cut should be? 5m was eventually paid. From my end, we are 3 persons involved, and after confirming that d client has paid, I requested for our part and he said he will only pay us 500k.
I asked him that amount for I job I connected to him, he said it was a referral.
Pls I need advice as to how I need to get my own cut.
Thanks.
What is the nature of the job? Lawyers defend or prosecute or act as legal advisor
Was the job legal or illegal?
How did you give him the job exactly? Did you refer him to someone or you told him about it only?
Did he use only his resources,time and experience to do the job, without you or anyone contributing?
Anyhow it is,you should have agreed on how the proceeds should be shared . Just learn from your mistake and move on.
Re: Pls Nairaland I Need Help!!!!! by rexlims(m): 6:27am On Sep 28, 2023
Greatzeus:

What is the nature of the job? Lawyers defend or prosecute or act as legal advisor
Was the job legal or illegal?
How did you give him the job exactly? Did you refer him to someone or you told him about it only?
Did he use only his resources,time and experience to do the job, without you or anyone contributing?
Anyhow it is,you should have agreed on how the proceeds should be shared . Just learn from your mistake and move on.
job is 100% legit.
He is a colleague in my office though he is a lawyer by profession.
I gave him all d details of d job but stood by to allow him deliver. Even when I asked him how much is d client paying, he told me 5m though we were pushing for more. I asked him to take it as half bread is better than none. u mentioned his time and resources which is y I have said he should take half y d other person's take half.
Just like u said this has thought me that no man should be trusted when it comes to money issues.

(1) (Reply)

Gbajue!!! / 58 Out Of The 70 Students Wrongly Accused By EFCC In OAU Regain Their Freedom / If I Mention People Importing Fake Drugs I Will Be Insulted- Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.