Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Use 3rd Party Tool (.net Components Or Activex) In You App Or Reinvent The Wheel - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Use 3rd Party Tool (.net Components Or Activex) In You App Or Reinvent The Wheel (1232 Views)

Do Not Reinvent The Wheel Unless You Plan On Learning More About Wheels / Why Novice Programmers Should Be Encouraged To Re-invent The Wheel / Internet Connection Sharing With A 3rd Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Use 3rd Party Tool (.net Components Or Activex) In You App Or Reinvent The Wheel by ray4life(m): 11:26am On Oct 20, 2011
As a programmer (VB.NET and C#), I'm always searching for .NET components or ACTIVEX Controls (free ones especially) that I can use in my app and I have come across some very good ones.

But at times I think that I am becoming too dependent of this tools but I continue to use them, because the advantages of using them far outweight the disadvantages (if any) and moreover If the tool is out there why reivent the wheel.

did I also mention that some of these controls add professional touch to my app.

What do you guys think?
Re: Use 3rd Party Tool (.net Components Or Activex) In You App Or Reinvent The Wheel by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2011
go get TELERIK. u can google it . they have cool stuffs for both web and windows app.

(1) (Reply)

Submission Window Opens For Google Apps Developer Challenge , 24 Days Left / PHP Help: Problem With Database Output Display / Reading From A Jtextarea In Java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.