Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? (13973 Views)

Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng / Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant / Cost Of Rent Around Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
I Met a Guy who said he Pays his Rent (N15000) Every MONTH.
Dat his Landlady's says that's her Style.πŸ™‚

I Personally Wished Mine was like this, as I Pay YEARLY (A Six-Figure amount).πŸ˜’

I Talked to another person who said that Guy is WASTING his Money and would not grow Financially! πŸ˜―πŸ€¨πŸ™

So Which is BEST?
Paying MONTHLY or Paying YEARLY? πŸ€”πŸ™‚

Thanks!

4 Likes

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Disclaimer12: 10:14pm On Sep 29, 2023
I've been paying monthly rent for over 9 years now, trust me it's not that easy if you don't have a stable income

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Puss360(f): 10:15pm On Sep 29, 2023
Both of them has their pros and cons... but it all boils down to your source of income and how money enters your hand...
Salary earners... monthly... but because of our country's tendency to owe workers salary, then it's better to pay every 3 months, or 6 months...
Reason is that, most times, salary is always fixed.. so by deducting some amount monthly for rent, you will get used to it...
But paying yearly doesn't really favour salary earners, coz in most cases, your yearly rent is always more than your one month salary.. that means, there's always tension when it's time to pay rent...

While, Business people, yearly is better...
Coz their case is an example of "money no dey today, e go dey tomorrow"....

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:15pm On Sep 29, 2023
Monthly is better. 1year lease but monthly payments

15 Likes

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
Monthly is better. 1year lease but monthly payments

But the person I spoke to, Said Paying Monthly DESTABILIZES one's Financial plans. πŸ€¨πŸ˜’

That under YEARLY, you can save Large amount for Investment
During that One year Waiting period! πŸ€”πŸ™‚

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2023
Vinnie2000:

But the person I spoke to, Said Paying Monthly DESTABILIZES one's Financial plans. πŸ€¨πŸ˜’

That under YEARLY, you can save Large amount for Investment
During that One year Waiting period! πŸ€”πŸ™‚

Dey play. It’s an illusion, paying monthly is the way to go

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Jennyclay(f): 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2023
Paying yearly is better.

I don't really see the value of paying rent monthly anyway. I feel people who pay rent monthly are poor and struggling people.

I mean, why not pay yearly so you could have time to breathe and save up for the next payment when your rent is due.

Monthly rent payments is total rubbish. What if you lose your monthly salary job on a long run or your business collapse How would you pay for the next month rent

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Rucheen(m): 11:15pm On Sep 29, 2023
The same thing

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by eazzzy1(m): 12:13am On Sep 30, 2023
If the amount paid per month adds up to the amount per year then for most people it wouldn’t matter. Unless there’s a discount for paying annually. I pay my vehicle insurance annually, I save a little for paying yearly instead of monthly because there isn’t a monthly processing fee.

One could argue that paying monthly is better. Assuming your rent is 100k per month or 1.2m per year and you have your money in an interest generating account, your money can grow while you only take out monthly rent as against the lump sum.

Annual payments on the other hand gives you peace of mind. Just pay and forget for a whole year.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:25am On Sep 30, 2023
Jennyclay:
Paying yearly is better.

I don't really see the value of paying rent monthly anyway. I feel people who pay rent monthly are poor and struggling people.

I mean, why not pay yearly so you could have time to breathe and save up for the next payment when your rent is due.

Monthly rent payments is total rubbish. What if you lose your monthly salary job on a long run or your business collapse How would you pay for the next month rent

Very NICE take from you! πŸ‘πŸ‘

The Other Guy I spoke to have same Opinion, Like It Disorganizes the Payer!πŸ€”

But PERSONALLY, I Seem to Like it!πŸ™‚

Afterall, our Nigerian Christians who Pay Tithes do so MONTHLY. 🀨🀨
Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Dexy4yah(m): 6:30am On Sep 30, 2023
Yearly ofcos

1 Like

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Jennyclay(f): 6:44am On Sep 30, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Very NICE take from you! πŸ‘πŸ‘

The Other Guy I spoke to have same Opinion, Like It Disorganizes the Payer!πŸ€”

But PERSONALLY, I Seem to Like it!πŸ™‚

Afterall, our Nigerian Christians who Pay Tithes do so MONTHLY. 🀨🀨
It’s a different situation here. That’s tithes and not rent undecided.

Pastor won’t fight with you if you don’t pay your monthly tithes BUT Landlord would fight you if you can’t pay your monthly rent.

I know you are a struggling man reason why you like monthly monthly rent.

May God help you poor and struggling men!

8 Likes

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:54am On Sep 30, 2023
Jennyclay:
It’s a different situation here. That’s tithes and not rent undecided.

Pastor won’t fight with you if you don’t pay your monthly tithes BUT Landlord would fight you if you can’t pay your monthly rent.

I know you are a struggling man reason why you like monthly monthly rent.

May God help you poor and struggling men!

Na so. πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ™‚

3 Likes

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by ben4ever(m): 8:30am On Sep 30, 2023
If you have the money, I suggest you pay yearly so that you can plan your money on other things

13 Likes

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by LeeSmart: 9:15am On Sep 30, 2023
Why not have ur own personal house, it did save u de stress of having to pay for rent.... My apologies if i deviated out of the main topic.

6 Likes

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by rickleye: 9:40am On Sep 30, 2023
Unless you have a discount . It all boils down your preference.

Some people like to pay it all and that’s that. While others like people would prefer monthly.
For instance I get 2million , I get about .5%of that every month in interest = 10,000x12=120k
If I pay it all at once, I don’t see the 120k extra. The landlord reaps that benefit.
If I pay monthly - I can delay paying to force the landlords hand in fixing things that are urgent around the house.
If I run into difficulties- I could technically sublease and move away without that financial commitment on something that depreciates.

If you are disciplined in savings it doesn’t matter but the way salaries are owned , I’d rather monthly.

2 Likes

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:43am On Sep 30, 2023
LeeSmart:
Why not have ur own personal house, it did save u de stress of having to pay for rent.... My apologies if i deviated out of the main topic.

Hehehehe.

In my Delta State axis, to BUILD house Ain't a Joke!😏

Only YAHOO Boys in the State Builds House within Short Notice! πŸ˜’

Before You Buy the Land, Pay Different Levies/Payments the Community Boys Demand from you,
You have Already SPENT up to N25 Million! πŸ™πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

5 Likes

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by rickleye: 9:47am On Sep 30, 2023
Vinnie2000:

I Personally Wished Mine was like this, as I Pay YEARLY (A Six-Figure amount).πŸ˜’

I Talked to another person who said that Guy is WASTING his Money and would not grow Financially! πŸ˜―πŸ€¨πŸ™

So Which is BEST?

NPLFMOD.
Thanks!

To add - same with salaries most developed economies pay bi -weekly . We are stuck on monthly. People would owe other people till pay day especially December to January. Longest time between pay days. Just pay people every 2 weeks. It will reduce debts. And people can plan and have access to their money.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Darkseid(m): 10:52am On Sep 30, 2023
Personally I hate small frequent expenses. I will even prefer to save up and pay three years rent upfront and then remove it from my mind while I focus on other things.

I f**king hate small expenses. Like it's easier for me to pay 100k for a yearly internet subscription than for me to pay 5k monthly.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by LeeSmart: 11:40am On Sep 30, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Hehehehe.
In my Delta State axis, to BUILD house Ain't a Joke!
Only YAHOO Boys in the State Builds House within Short Notice!
Before You Buy the Land, Pay Different Levies/Payments the Community Boys Demand from you,
You have Already SPENT up to N25 Million!
Why build frm the scratch wen u can acquire an already built nd furnished property?

3 Likes

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Nazgul: 11:54am On Sep 30, 2023
I prefer yearly Biko, so that I can rest.

Monthly rent is for rural communities where rent is quite cheap. I've come across many like that in the SE. Most of them are petty traders. Their rent is between 1-2k every month.

You can't expect someone who's rent is over 1m or more to be paying it monthly, most especially if he's a salary earner with a family. He'll definitely owe you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Successfulben: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2023
You pay a six figure amount and you put up a sad emoji, am sorry for you.
Vinnie2000:

So Which is BEST?

NPLFMOD.
Thanks!

4 Likes

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by online4business: 12:26pm On Sep 30, 2023
Vinnie2000:

So Which is BEST?

NPLFMOD.
Thanks!
I collect my rents yearly give Nigerians monthly una go argue tire.

Oga landlord I don pay you for September na even NEPA bill that use to be monthly to pay na wahala.

I just find way get prepaid meter for everyone if you no get light na you know.

Pay me yearly so we can see once in a year.

If you live in delta bayelsa or Port Harcourt buying a house is easier than building.

There are many distress properties and people will sell them cheap.

Make sure you do your due diligence no go buy land or house wey dey court ooo.

Families must agree before I spend my #1 naira if not I no dey give shi shi.

Never compromise on the lawyer fee... If you do it's 50/50 you go get problem.

11 Likes

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2023
Successfulben:
You pay a six figure amount and you put up a sad emoji, am sorry for you.

Bro, Six-figure can be N950,000, Just as it can be N120,000. πŸ™„πŸ˜

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Cholls(m): 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2023
My brother none

In my father's house there are many mansions

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by sylve11: 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2023
Yearly cool
Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by phemmyfour: 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2023
Vinnie2000:

So Which is BEST?

NPLFMOD.
Thanks!
yearly

You have 11 months to plan for the next, and worry less about accommodation for some time

Monthly is risky, you can have emergency that won't allow you to meet up

9 Likes

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by SavageResponse(m): 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2023
Just pay the rent once and give yourself breathing space for the next 12 months

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by callmevirus(m): 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2023
Yearly biko
It's killing us here
You can't save enough before paying house rent

2 Likes

Re: Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? by Kobicove(m): 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2023
Yearly is preferable abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFFORDABLE BUILDING PLAN AND DOCUMENTATION OF YOUR HOME ,CALL 08069253261 / *SOLD**SOLD*4 Bedroom Bungalow Fenced, Gated, Interlocked In Port Harcourt / Full Plot Of Land In Fagbile Estate Isheri Ijegun Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.